• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tau

That sounds horrendous. Still trying to get through Gone Home. Can only play when the GF is home. And when it's sunny. And the birds are singing.

So pathetic.

Oh god, playing Outlast it won't matter if it's beaming bright outside this game is sheit scary and I enjoy horror games.

Have it loaded up on my computer, can't wait until I have time to play it. Turn the light off, headphones on, full volume, ah yes.

I did that and after 5 mins my headphones were off lol too much creeking and background noises psyched me out, I need to stream this game. I need the comfort of others around me experiencing this hellish game.

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
question GAF, tomorrow is the last day new daily sales will be posted, so, is it pretty much a recap of the past 2 weeks? because ive been waiting on a game to go on sale but it hasn't so far so i was thinking on getting it today when it has a little discount before it goes back to full price

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What is the context of that gif? It looks like someone just pulled his pants down in front of her tbh lol

That's... a good question. The interview has been taken down.

Fun fact: If you drag a frame of that gif into GIS, you'll just get GAF. haha.

Edit: Oh, wait, it was a G4 interview. Bear with me.

Edit edit: Firefox is being frustratingly stubborn, so I don't have specifics, but here's the video: http://www.g4tv.com/videos/52258/saoirse-ronan-on-hanna/

Tesseract

Banned
Nope. I didn't like the Ys Origin demo, so I decided to pass on them.

smart move, get teleglitch instead.

h9kRObA.gif

Rootbeer

Banned
Had to change all my cards thanks to Target... inputted my new stuff in Steam, added $5 to my wallet... and it won't let me buy cards so I can get the badge for this sale. Rage! I have the money IN MY ACCOUNT but i can't spend the funds are "being verified"

Sorry but I don't know a single other service online that works this way and it sucks :| By the time my payment method is verified in another 5 days all the cards I want to buy will be much more expensive.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Had to change all my cards thanks to Target... inputted my new stuff in Steam, added $5 to my wallet... and it won't let me buy cards so I can get the badge for this sale. Rage! I have the money IN MY ACCOUNT but i can't spend the funds are "being verified"

Sorry but I don't know a single other service online that works this way and it sucks :| By the time my payment method is verified in another 5 days all the cards I want to buy will be much more expensive.

The cards disappear in 2 days. Looks like you'll need somebody to gift them.

Seriously who is that guy in the gif. I need to know.
0130_jms7x.gif

Nabs

Okay. I just picked up Ys I & II. I don't see nothing wrong with a lil' bump and grind.

I still need to finish Oath and eventually get to Origin.

Radio

I bought Half Life 2.

I'm about to find out if I've played it or not.

And who my real parents are.

And if there is a God.

And if I even lift.

Alright, I think I'm going to finally buckle and get Rust and DayZ. I know it's before the end of the sale, but realistically, they're selling too well to get a discount of any kind right now, and I kind of want them to play tomorrow.

Unless someone can persuade me they think either will get a discount, I'mma violate the cardinal rule of Steam sales.

Also, help me pick one and only one Ys game to get.

Anyone?

Man, Europa Universalis IV is pretty tempting at $10 over on Humble. I'm not normally one to play super-complex 4X / strat games, but this one looks... pretty darned solid.

So if Civ 5 is a "complexity" of 100, where is EUIV? 110? 150? 200? I've read that you can pick smaller nations and set personal goals way smaller than "take over the world" which seems attractive.

If I like Hearthstone will I like Magic 2014? Does it have matchmaking online multiplayer?

I've never played Hearthstone but Magic 2014 is a step behind Magic 2013, which itself is 3 steps behind Magic 2012. With each iteration they've managed to throw in more impediments that just waste your damn time rather than give you the flexibility you really want to customize a deck for online play. As a single player game it's gotten worse and worse. As a multiplayer game it's all about who is playing the expansion decks online and draws into the strongest hand first. Stick with Hearthstone, in other words.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Probably wont be about, so I will now bid you a happy new year Steam-GAF. This is one of my favourite spots to chat about games, sales, and to learn about games different Steam entries and licencing histories (looking at you JaseC) May Amazon bring us more delightful sales after the new year.

JaseC
Ask me about Steam
(Today, 06:59 AM)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I've never played Hearthstone but Magic 2014 is a step behind Magic 2013, which itself is 3 steps behind Magic 2012. With each iteration they've managed to throw in more impediments that just waste your damn time rather than give you the flexibility you really want to customize a deck for online play. As a single player game it's gotten worse and worse. As a multiplayer game it's all about who is playing the expansion decks online and draws into the strongest hand first. Stick with Hearthstone, in other words.
Or try SolForge

I don't think they did, at least I can't remember, it was daily or flash at summer sale though, again if I remember correctly.
Oh well! I guess I'll just wait and see if they add it as a lightning deal before the end of the sale. I'm actually surprised at their not being a huge sale for Sonic Generations.

zkylon

zkylewd
off to my new years party, have a good time my lovely delicious brethren

buy mark of the ninja if you haven't btw

and get drunk

thanks specially to the monk for being a great guy

bye bye, talk to y'all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom