• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, bugger. I had the very same issue and eventually tracked it down to D3DO. The only other possible solution that come to mind is to kill the D3DO exe itself (although I don't think I had to go that far).

Only slightly less evil. :p

Well you're no fun! :(

Just for that I am not going to name one of my brave XCOM soldiers after you! Serves you right for being a goody goody! :p

Coreda

I'm starting to wonder if Enhanced Steam was maybe contributing to the transaction failure errors I kept getting during the sale. I disabled it yesterday and the purchase finally went through.

Could have just be their servers, or something else, too.

AsylumX

Happy New Year!

fire11.gif

let the sales be even better in 2014

5 more hours...

And I hope Sonic Kart gets a daily or flash on 2014...

hohoXD123

Giveaway is over, congrats to yoshizzle for winning! Sorry to the unlucky contestants, hope you guys have an awesome New Year!

STOP! GIVEAWAY TIME!
Another member on here had a pretty good idea for a giveaway so I hope he doesn't mind me stealing it ;) I am giving away Papers, Please. To enter, add me to your friends list, profile is below, and send me a PM on here with your steam name as the subject, if you don't send the PM, you won't be eligible. You must have Papers, Please in your wishlist and it must have been added before today. In a few hours I'll pick one of you at random and gift you the game. Good luck.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006636576/

Artofwar420

Gonna fire up Dark Souls for the first time. So as I understand dsfix is very recommended, right? I am attempting to install it right now.

Colin.

Probably wont be about, so I will now bid you a happy new year Steam-GAF. This is one of my favourite spots to chat about games, sales, and to learn about games different Steam entries and licencing histories (looking at you JaseC) May Amazon bring us more delightful sales after the new year.

I see the beta for Planetary Annihilation is 33%. Anyone played the beta? Worth getting yet? Much better than the $99 or so they were charging only a few weeks ago!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, my Bioshock Infinite keeps crashing before I even get to the logo videos. Is there a way to fix this?
Ensure you're not forcing vsync/triple-buffering via D3DOverrider.
I'm seeing double! Four Jar Jars!

Heyyy,

I need something to play with my laptop when I'm travelling. Keyboard input preferred, but mouse use isn't a problem if the tempo isn't too high (trackpoint).

FTL, Spelunky, Binding of Isaac and La Mulana are some games which are getting / going to get a lot of playtime. But I need other suggestions too.
I think Super Hexagon would be an excellent choice.

Bit.Trip Runner 1 & 2 are great choices too if you have a controller at hand; they aren't really suitable for keyboard in my opinion.

hitmon

Just noticed Spacebase is 40% off on the humble store. Anybody have feedback on the current state? Also noticed it doesn't have the DRM Free logo. Is it known they don't plan to release a DRM free version?

Durante

Bought Ys 1 + 2 when they were on sale a few days back, bought Oath today. Considering Origin, but I may leave it to another sale, after I beat these three first.
Just Chronicles, will buy the other two on summer sale, hopefully I'll have beaten chronicles by then.
I think I'll postpone until the inevitable summer sale.
Don't slack off now, the Ys games (particularly Oath and Origin) are actually worth playing and not just owning :p

Zeliard

Don't slack off now, the Ys games (particularly Oath and Origin) are actually worth playing and not just owning :p

I will, I will. The problem is, you must understand, that I bought Spelunky as well and I started playing that for the first time.

And that is a dangerous game.

Goldrush

So is a foil card basically useless on its own? Do I actually have to collect the rest of the foil set for any advantage? Just wondering if I should just push it onto the marketplace.

Tesseract

Banned
the ys games are only good because of the bosses, the rest is putrid stuff. mindlessly grind and roam dem labyrinthineses, heroes!

So is a foil card basically useless on its own? Do I actually have to collect the rest of the foil set for any advantage? Just wondering if I should just push it onto the marketplace.
Yeah, you have to collect the rest of the foil set to craft a foil badge, you don't get anything with just one. If that doesn't interest you, toss it on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom