• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

So sad I'm in one of the last places to celebrate New Year. It's like being completely LTTP. At least I'm not in Hawaii. They're dead last.

Immersive Weapons is pretty cool. It's like Immesive Armors, just adds a lot more weapons that you can find and craft. Not as important on a first playthrough, but it adds some replayability.

Also Convenient Horses. It lets you adjust the speed your horses run (and a bunch of other things). If you're not a fan of fast-travelling constantly, boost your horse's speed up to 11 and ride it everywhere.

Thanks guys this is exactly what I was hoping for.

Son i got these.

First of get the Official Skyrim HD texture pack DLC, also get SKSE which is essential for alot of mods. Get rid of the unofficial patches they bug out the game graphically when you install these mods.

CHARACTERS

A Better body scale for Khajit and Argonian Male (khajiit & argonian body)
ApachiiSkyHair (hair)
Beards (beards)
Better makeup for SKSE (makeup)
Better males - Beautiful nudes and faces - New hairstyles (males)
Better Females (face skin)
Calientes Female Body Mod Big Bottom Edition [CBBE] (body)
CBBE skin texture V2 V3 plus Thepal and UNP compatible (body/face skin)
Coverkajits (khajiits skin)
Coverwomen (face skin)
Cute Eyes (eyes)
Enhanced Character Edit (character edit)
Envision Face (face skin)
Ethereal Elven Overhaul (Elves)
Extended Slider Colors (+colors)
Fair Skin Complexion Sweaty Body (skin)
JazzJR Argonian retexture (argonian skin)
JazzJR CoverKhajiits Bodytexture Ver1 (male khajiit skin)
JazzJR CoverKhajiits Female Bodytexture (female khajiit skin)
Mature skin texture and body (body/face skin)
Morten Hairs (hair)
Natural Eyes (eyes)
Pretty Face (face skin)
RaceMenu (racemenu)
Ran's Headmesh Variants (face mesh)
Real Girls Realistic Body Texture for UNP UNPB and SeveNBase (face & body skin)
Realistic Teeth (teeth)
SG Female Eyebrows (brows)
SG Female Textures Renewal (body/face skin)
SG Hairs (hair)
Smile in HD (teeth)
Sporty Sexy Sweat - wet body skin texture (skin)
The Eyes of Beauty (eyes)

ADD-ONS / FIXES

A Matter of Time - A HUD clock widget (HUD time)
A Quality World Map (map)
Analog of Skyrim Distant Detail (distance detail)
Better female animated faces (face animation)
Catwalk (female walk animation)
Categorized Favorites Menu (HUD)
Colored Map Markers Updated (HUD/map)
Convenient Horses (Better horse AI, mounted combat for NPCs, horse whistling and heaps of other stuff)
Combat Sound effects)
Customizable Camera (camera)
Distant Decal Fix (decals)
Footprints (footprints)
Get Snowy (snow)
Horizon Extended Sky Mesh (Sky mesh)
KenMOD - Time on loading screen (HUD)
Sounds of Skyrim (adds shitloads of sounds)
Player Home Map Markers (map)
Run for your lives (makes NPCs run inside or piss bolt away if there is a Dragon attacking)
Sky UI (HUD)
Status (information)
UFO Ultimate Follower Overhall (Enchanced NPC companion AI and follower commands)
Wet and Cold (immersion)

ARMOR / WEAPONS / CLOTHES

Aesir Armor (armor)
aMidianBorn Book of Silence (armors/weapons)
Arise - Chapter 1 - The Black Sacrament (armor)
Bandolier - Bags and Pouches (bags & pouches)
Blood Witch Armor (armor)
Brokefoots UNP Mashup Compilation (clothes)
Cloaks of Skyrim (cloaks)
Contractor and Mavari Armors (armors)
Dragon Knight Armor (armor)
Einherjar Armor (armor)
Elaborate Textiles - NPC Clothing Retexture (clothes)
Evil MasterMind Armor (armor)
Ghosus Weapon Pack (weapons)
Improved NPC Clothing - High Res (clothes)
Inmersive Armors (armors)
Inmersive Weapons (weapons)
Isilmeriel LOTR Weapons Collection (weapons)
JaySus Swords (weapons)
Omegared99 - Armor Compilation (weapons)
Opulent Outfits - Maids and Merchants - v7 Female Only (clothes)
Queen of the damned-Akasha Dress (clothes)
Raven witch armor and Apex Werewolf (armor)
Remodeled Armor (CBBE) (armors)
Remodeled Armor (UNP) (armors)
TERA Armor Collection - CBBE - standalone (armors)
The Art of Magicka (clothes)
The Chronicles of Steel (weapons)
Ultimate Assortment by Favoredsoul (accessories)
Winter Is Coming - Cloaks (cloaks)
Wearable Lanterns

LANDSCAPE / DUNGEONS

2K Road Snow Footprints (snow)
Alternative Smoke (smoke)
Alternative Snow (snow)
aMidianBorn Caves (dungeons)
aMidianBorn Landscape 1 (landscape textures)
aMidianBorn Whiterun (whiterun)
Beautiful Skyrim Galaxy and Nebula Pack 2k 4k and 8k (sky)
Better Landscape Textures (landscape)
Bryce Nebula - Skyrim galaxy replacer (nebula)
Crimson Tide (blood)
Detailed Rugs (rugs)
Dragon Nebula Galaxy Replacer (nebula)
Glowing Ore Veins 300 (ore veins)
Enhanced Blood Textures (blood)
Enhanced Night Skyrim (nebula/stars)
Hectrol CAVES DELUXE HighRes Retex (dungeons)
Hectrol FX RAINDROPS Deluxe HR for Natural Skyrim Rain (rain)
HD Detailed Terrain (terrain)
HD Enhanced Terrain (terrain)
HD Soul Gems (soul gems)
Improved Rock and Mountain Texture (rock/mountain)
Inside the Nebula (nebula)
Lush Grass (grass)
Lush Trees (tress)
Mosh Rocks (rocks)
Natural Skyrim Rain (rain)
Project Parallax Remastered (towns)
Pure Waters (water)
Quality Snowflakes (snowflakes)
Rainbows (rainbows)
Real Ice ALL-IN-ONE (ice)
Real Snow (snow)
Realistic Smoke & Embers (smoke & embers)
Realistic Water Two (water)
Ruins Clutter Improved (dungeons)
Silly Level of Detail - Potions & Poisons (potions & poisons)
Silly Level of Detail - Wine Cellar (bottles)
Static Mesh Improvement Mod (meshes)
SkyFalls - Animated Distant Waterfalls (distant waterfalls)
Skyrim Flora Overhaul (flowers/grass/trees)
Skyrim HD 2K (town/landscape/dungeon/misc textures)
Skyrim Lore Friendly Vanilla Nightsky Retexture 4k (sky)
Skyrim Realistic Overhaul (town/landscape/dungeon/misc textures)
Skyrim Realistic Texture Overhaul Dragonborn (town/landscape/dungeon/misc textures)
Skyrim Ultra HD Texture Pack (misc textures)
Skyrocks (rocks)
Serious HD Retexture (dungeon/landscape textures)
Superior Rock Textures (rocks)
Ultimate HD Fire Spells (fire)
Visible Windows (windows)
Water and Terrain Enhancement Redux (water)
Waves (waves)

ANIMALS / MONSTERS

Bellyaches Animal & Creature Pack (animals)
Birds of Skyrim (animals)
Pets of Skyrim (animals)

WEATHER / LIGHT

CLARALUX - More and Brighter Lights (lights)
Climates of Tamriel (weathers)
More Dynamic Shadows with Striping Fixed (light)
Realistic Lightning Overhaul (light)
Remove Interior Fog (fog)
Revamped Exterior Fog (fog)

There is couple more i am forgetting. I had a list handy that i used from someone but added my recommendations and my own mods.

Don't get Dogs of Skyrim or Better clouds you with have graphic incompatibilities with the above mods. Pets of Skyrim should give you dogs to the world anyway. The key is to get the character mods working first because thats where you will run into most of the problems. The other stuff is easy.

Mother of god... Thank you for the work you put into that.

fade_

Anyone got a duplicate snow globe #5 they are willing to trade for my #10? It's the last one I need! Please message me.

The_Monk

Happy new Year fellow GAFfers! I wish you the best 2014 can give it to you. May your fun with this fine hobby never cease to stop and may you all have some fun weather is buying games, collecting them, playing them or cleaning/increasing your Backlog. Just never forget that's it's all about having fun.

Also, never stop improving this amazing Community. We all know that every now and then there's some rude people who do not care about GAF as a strong community place and decide to shake things but you all are so much clever than that and always managed to be superior to such things.

I hope the very best for you all, hope you are getting a nice evening/night. Thank you for being in here, helping, supporting, giving good advices about games, DLC's, life, backlogs, and everything else. You can always count on me, in here, via a PM, on Steam Chat, etc if you ever need anything. Don't hesitate to talk if something is wrong and you believe I may do something to help or even to cheer things up a bit.

I'm proud to be here but most of all, to belong in here. :)

Card Boy

Banned
Thanks guys this is exactly what I was hoping for.

Mother of god... Thank you for the work you put into that.

I got some help from Unreal (Gaffer). I just put my own changes to that list with some inclusions.

http://www.asot.es/search/label/Skyrim Mods

8067060858_4a603dd989_b.jpg

10760475214_dce9dcee6a_b.jpg

11376929434_c22bf2921a_b.jpg

iZYxOCdt4C5ad.jpg

iKvV0N7DYFdeE.JPG

FloatOn

finally finished the first dlc chapter of lords of shadow.

so. many. puzzles.

but it's bridging the story gap between 1 and 2 so it's all good.

NotSelf

Just finished playing Ys I for the first time one hour in and I'm liking it it's very easy to get into just not to crazy about the music it's nice that they give you different options though might just spend the new year playing Ys.

try disabling all the overlay stuff too like steam overlay and fraps

Ah, bugger. I had the very same issue and eventually tracked it down to D3DO. The only other possible solution that come to mind is to kill the D3DO exe itself (although I don't think I had to go that far).

Thanks guys for your help, but it still is not working =(. I will just send in a support ticket to 2K.
Like that will work

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
happy new year guys. 2014 will blow 2013 out of the water, if only for this:

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy3.jpg

Be good :)

Sullichin

I think I will pull the trigger on Grid 2 after trying the demo.
Can anyone who has the game fill me in on these questions:

- Can you turn off/Is there a mod to turn off the chromatic abberation effect on the HUD/menus? It's blurry and looks dumb.
- Is there any drawback from using the flashback feature? Seems like it could make the game way easier.
- How's the car selection?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Happy new Year fellow GAFfers! I wish you the best 2014 can give it to you. May your fun with this fine hobby never cease to stop and may you all have some fun weather is buying games, collecting them, playing them or cleaning/increasing your Backlog. Just never forget that's it's all about having fun.

Also, never stop improving this amazing Community. We all know that every now and then there's some rude people who do not care about GAF as a strong community place and decide to shake things but you all are so much clever than that and always managed to be superior to such things.

I hope the very best for you all, hope you are getting a nice evening/night. Thank you for being in here, helping, supporting, giving good advices about games, DLC's, life, backlogs, and everything else. You can always count on me, in here, via a PM, on Steam Chat, etc if you ever need anything. Don't hesitate to talk if something is wrong and you believe I may do something to help or even to cheer things up a bit.

hows Grid 2 Monk, good? I need to try it one of these days

Well if it makes you feel any better I haven't named any of my brave little soldier boys or girls :). [It's because I know they will be dead sooner or later and it would upset me if I named them after people I know :(. It's bad enough when they're just provided by the game and I've got fond of them because they took names and kicked asses in multiple missions and then they get killed :'(.] However, since it's you :p I'll name one of my soldiers, who actually looks vaguely like your Romulan girlfriend funnily enough, after you when I go back to it in a minute, okay? :)

When I read posts like that from you I just feel glad to be alive :D.

Bless you, you fine fellow GAFer <3

Oh and it's New Year here in the UK so Happy New Year to you all. Big hugs and sloppy kisses all around!

Levyne

Banned
Actually now that I think about it the 2nd one has some dumb QTE-esqe sections and a fair bit of "Uncharted" platforming. I guess my mind blotted those memories out a bit.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I bought LA Noire because I like point and click adventure games. I suspect this game will be similar. And hey, $5.

Happy new year, Steam GAF. I'm glad to be a part of this community.

The_Monk

1- Can you turn off/Is there a mod to turn off the chromatic abberation effect on the HUD/menus? It's blurry and looks dumb.
2-Is there any drawback from using the flashback feature? Seems like it could make the game way easier.
3- How's the car selection?

1- I'm not sure if I understand this fellow GAFfer, sorry. But if you don't like something in the HUD you can always turn it off.

2- Not that I'm aware of, in others game you can get more or less XP is you use it, but in here the point is for you to get more fans, there's various difficulty setttings if you want to increase or lower the difficulty.

3- Seems nice so far, you get some and unlock others by getting some special quick events. There's one Free DLC and the others are at discount now which seems tempting but I guess you should be fine with the selection that the game offers.

hows Grid 2 Monk, good? I need to try it one of these days

Still in it! Game looks really good. 60 FPS is amazing, nice sound engines which can be even better if you have a decent sound setup, which I do not but will keep an eye on upgrading for a better sound experience. Still have to play at night which seems to be the best setting for an eye-candy experience. Many people complain about the no cockpit view but I'm more than okay with that since I like chase view. Muito obrigado! :D

I talk alot :/ sorry

No, that's a great thing! It makes the Community alive and up to date. :)

Rhaknar

What is this from Rhaknar?

Marvel's Guardian of the Galaxy coming out August 2014 starring Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, John C.Reilly, Glenn Close, Benicio Del Toro (dat cast!)

based on the Guardians of the Galaxy comics

062912-guardians-of-the-galaxy1.jpeg

edit: also beaten

styl3s

Fuck i figured Namco would of kept their sales up into the first week of jan and missed out on Ultimate STORM 3 for $20. Any chance of it hitting Steam sale before it's over? Or anyone know another place that has it cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom