• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvel's Guardian of the Galaxy coming out August 2014 starring Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, John C.Reilly, Glenn Close, Benicio Del Toro (dat cast!)

based on the Guardians of the Galaxy comics

062912-guardians-of-the-galaxy1.jpeg

edit: also beaten

I know nothing of these guys except for them appearing in some Avengers cartoon series my son has. It looks interesting enough. Great cast too.

Kaleinc

Banned
Sweet, finally got a response from Modbot. To show good will and not scamming anybody, I'm putting Don't Starve. The damage to my rep has already been done. Don't thank me, Thank Brute.

I actually won it. Thanks to you and BruteUA! A pity things escalated in such fashion. Happy new year guys.

Altazor

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO STEAM GAF! It's still 21:16 around here but some of you are already in the world of tomorrow so good vibes to all of you :D

Sullichin

1- I'm not sure if I understand this fellow GAFfer, sorry. But if you don't like something in the HUD you can always turn it off.

2- Not that I'm aware of, in others game you can get more or less XP is you use it, but in here the point is for you to get more fans, there's various difficulty setttings if you want to increase or lower the difficulty.

3- Seems nice so far, you get some and unlock others by getting some special quick events. There's one Free DLC and the others are at discount now which seems tempting but I guess you should be fine with the selection that the game offers.

Still in it! Game looks really good. 60 FPS is amazing, nice sound engines which can be even better if you have a decent sound setup, which I do not but will keep an eye on upgrading for a better sound experience. Still have to play at night which seems to be the best setting for an eye-candy experience. Many people complain about the no cockpit view but I'm more than okay with that since I like chase view. Muito obrigado! :D

No, that's a great thing! It makes the Community alive and up to date. :)
Thanks. I meant that the text on the HUD is really blurry. Maybe chromatic abberation isn't the right word. It's not a big deal though. A little turned off by all of the DLC but as long as the base game has a good amount of cars/tracks I don't have to bother with it.

Tellaerin

Marvel's Guardian of the Galaxy coming out August 2014 starring Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, John C.Reilly, Glenn Close, Benicio Del Toro (dat cast!)

based on the Guardians of the Galaxy comics

062912-guardians-of-the-galaxy1.jpeg

Well, shit. Apparently Wreck-it Ralph's playing the leader of the Nova Corps. This is gonna be a fun movie.

Happy New Year to all you guys from the future! We'll be catching up with you in a few hours. ; ) I'm going to be out, but I'll try and stick my head in on mobile every so often if I can.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I no nothing of these guys except for them appearing in some Avengers cartoon series my son has. It looks interesting enough. Great cast too.

all you need to know is Ironman can't handle Gamora:

IMG_00621.jpg

and nobody can handle Rocket:

rocket-small001.jpg

ok thats enough off topic, sorry :)

rrs

I played Gone Home, interesting story but
(MAJOR SPOILERS) I found the whole journal snippets playing mechanic annoying, and spoil a lot of the revelation at the end. I think it could had worked out better when you reach the journal you hear all the snippets play from it.

legend166

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Torchlight -- MB-C919E05E8F01CA09 - Taken by Kirosia. 5 entrants total.
Torchlight #2 -- MB-3973B82E07BB0A8A - Taken by Tesseract. 4 entrants total.

t1388537056z1.png

Just so you know, that's a second key for Torchlight 1, not a key for Torchlight 2.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oi, start making giveaways with games I dont own, bastards! :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just spent the day "in town", got back, saw this. Crazy.

lemmykoopa

Guys I saw humble bundle store have Kentucky Route Zero on sale for 9 euros. Should I get it? I'm a little worried because ep 3 still hasn't come. The game still is in development right?

I played Gone Home, interesting story but
(MAJOR SPOILERS) I found the whole journal snippets playing mechanic annoying, and spoil a lot of the revelation at the end. I think it could had worked out better when you reach the journal you hear all the snippets play from it.

I got sucked in big time playing that. Played it in one sitting and boy oh boy was that an amazing piece of story telling.
Making you believe it's a horror story, with either ghosts or a suicide pact. But to actually be just a beautiful love story is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom