• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised the Orange Box is still on Steam, with TF2 being free and all.

I'm going now to the New Year's Eve party, Happy New Year in advance SteamGAF!

Card Boy

Banned
Whats peoples configurations for Call of Juarez: Gunslinger?

I am looking at the video.scr file and this is what i got.

Resolution(1920,1080)
Monitor(0)
BPP(24)
FSAA(0)
TexBPP(32)
TextureQuality("High")
VisRange(2.00, 4.00)
Filtering("Anisotropic")
Fullscreen()
Shadows("High")
ShadowMapSize(1024)
SpotShadowMapSize(1024)
Lightmaps()
GammaFloat(1.00)
MaxRefresh(60)
MaterialQuality(0)
FXQuality(3)
FXFadeLevel(2)
WaterQuality(0)
GrassQuality(0)
EnvQuality("FullDynamic")
ShaderPath(3)
VSync()
DisplayDeviceType(0,0.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000)
ForcedHorzFov(90.000000)

I added that last Fov line myself.

Would bumping the ShadowMapSize(1024) SpotShadowMapSize(1024) to 2048 do anything good? Also how do i enable FXAA? I put a 1 where it said 0 but it still don't work. It's still jaggy.

Is playable (+30fps) on a GTX670.

But it can be unplayable (5-20fps) when using a silly density of grass.

I got a GTX670 and yes its playable at 60+ FPS using the mod list i posted 2 pages back. Unreal hasn't listed all the mods in those images though but i have it very very close.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Damn, amazing how half the comments are talking about your plugin.

Pretty awesome, actually. The Steam community at large really is great.

derFeef

Crank that noise and slice some throat, GAF!
Happy New Year.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-5BFF928DD1DD9568 - Taken by Uga. 3 entrants total.

t1388538542z1.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0ILqWcd214

Dr Dogg

Happy New Year SteamGAF.

After a tired and boozy evening what's the first thing I do when when I just got in? Check on some deals.

Seams like Deadpool has been yanked by Acti (bizarrely just as JaseC predicted). It's still up on Amazon.com and GameFly (plus an extra 20% off with GFDDEC20UK or GFDDEC20US) so go get it while you can, well for the folks who wanted it and the barmy collectors. DLC seams to have vanished altogether though.

Licensed games eh.

alice

I played Gone Home, interesting story but
(MAJOR SPOILERS) I found the whole journal snippets playing mechanic annoying, and spoil a lot of the revelation at the end. I think it could had worked out better when you reach the journal you hear all the snippets play from it.

I kept turning the sound off because it was freaking me out, so I missed the beginning of several. I agree that it broke the immersion a little, but I still loved the game.

derExperte

What happened to Deadpool? Was it removed from the store altogether?

You're right, I can't find it anymore. Wtf?

I kept turning the sound off because it was freaking me out, so I missed the beginning of several. I agree that it broke the immersion a little, but I still loved the game.

I think it's better this way, a bit immersion breaking but better than any of the alternatives like hearing everything at once at the end.

Another Giveaway!

I-m giving a Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor, and Braid Steam key that appears unredeemed on my IHB page. If you want it, kindly send your Steam Game List via PM that does not have these games.

If key does not activate I-m sorry :(

Happy new year, SteamGAF! <3

Fuck, I wanted to buy Deadpool when it eventually went under 5$. I'm not even into comics, but it seems like a fun character :(

Grief.exe

Happy New Year SteamGAF.

After a tired and boozy evening what's the first thing I do when when I just got in? Check on some deals.

Seams like Deadpool has been yanked by Acti (bizarrely just as JaseC predicted). It's still up on Amazon.com and GameFly (plus an extra 20% off with GFDDEC20UK or GFDDEC20US) so go get it while you can, well for the folks who wanted it and the barmy collectors. DLC seams to have vanished altogether though.

Licensed games eh.

lol so that is what happened this morning. They did not hang onto that licence for long.

I can't believe with digital game downloads bringing in an indefinite income they don't sign contracts on a game by game basis, rather than a time period. Doesn't make sense financially, other than that may be the cheapest route to go.

They need to adapt to a changing climate, now that game isn't bringing in revenue at all.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Happy New Year SteamGAF.

Licensed games eh.

Thanks for the heads up, picked it up on Gamefly for $7.99 after code GFDDEC20.

dani_dc

I'm regretting not buying The Stanley Parable, and for some reason it's not on the Humble Store anymore either.

Here's hoping it comes back in the last day.

Grief.exe

Looks like Transformers survived the chopping block then, I know High Moon Studios saw some staff cuts after Deadpool.

Following the completion of Deadpool, Activision fired 40 full-time employees from High Moon Studios that worked on the project. Activision made this statement: "Activision Publishing consistently works to align its costs with its revenues – this is an ongoing process, with the completion of development on Deadpool, we are taking a reduction in staff at High Moon Studios to better align our development talent against our slate."

I'll make sure to pick those titles up next winter sale for the cheapest possible.

jshackles

Nether for 25% off vote? WTF? It's already 20% off, and that extra 5% gets you like another... $0.99 off. It had a deeper discount than that just a few days ago.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yo just got to work

Deadpool was nuked? Damn, guess the marvel deal must had died at midnight or something. Dem licensed games :(

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Wish I had the money to buy Deadpool while it's on sale, actually wanted to own it but down to $5 left for the sale. OTL Can't say I saw it gettting taken off so soon coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom