• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fuck now I'm extra sorry I didn't get Injustice (yet) I don't think the DC Warner deal expires anytime soon but u never know

people didn't buy deadpool and now that it isn't on steam store people want it... mmm, I see what you did there activision, they sure know how to milk their games.

Grief.exe

Is there a code for Gamefly people should know about?

Fuck now I'm extra sorry I didn't get Injustice (yet) I don't think the DC Warner deal expires anytime soon but u never know

Doesn't Warner still do the DC movies?

people didn't buy deadpool and now that it isn't on steam store people want it... mmm, I see what you did there activision, they sure know how to milk their games.

We want what we can't have.

Dr Dogg

lol so that is what happened this morning. They did not hang onto that licence for long.

I can't believe with digital game downloads bringing in an indefinite income they don't sign contracts on a game by game basis, rather than a time period. Doesn't make sense financially, other than that may be the cheapest route to go.

They need to adapt to a changing climate, now that game isn't bringing in revenue at all.

Ah videogames, the most transient of all forms of entertainment. Seams to have more problems with licensing than any other form of IP as well. Still it's a Steamworks title so just as long as there's a supply of retail copies out there it might be around for folks who want it. Prey could not be killed! (Plus I've got about 6 dormant copies lying around, pilfered of their cd keys)

Thanks for the heads up, picked it up on Gamefly for $7.99 after code GFDDEC20.

No worries.

I would suggest anyone who has even a passing interest in buying it get it now because...

Holy hell, Deadpool is off Steam. Guess the license expired on New Years.

Well last year the James Bond licence expired on the turn of the year an Activision pulled everything Bond related from every digital marketplace within a day or 2. Got to be on the ball with licensed titles.

vanquish7ae4x.jpg
bayonettay6ung.jpg
Grief, stop this madness. Stop reminding me Vanquish isn't on PC

My final giveaway of 2013...

Cave Story+ Steam Key

In order to win, please quote this message and post a list of your Game List and Wishlist. First one to post it wins.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I guess all I can do now is offer a trade. I have a spare Steam code for Resident Evil 6. If anyone would be willing to trade it for Deadpool, PM me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Quality joke. Good enough for me to finally post in the sale threads.

Which part is the joke? That I'm sorry I didn't get it? I did say I don't think the DC / warner deal is going any ware :)

The_Monk

It's a shame when games are removed from Steam, I believe I only own one that it's no longer on Steam. Deadpool could be a 4.99 game to get it one day, not sure if I would like to pay more in case it's not my style but I could always play with my nephew.

---

Another question, there was a updating list for games to be in some sort of deal at amazon in January for people who bough digital games last month (and being eligible with a $5 discount). Was that list updated recently? I remember Tony from amazon mentioning in another forum and it was posted here.

Arthea

I'm not upset about Deadpool, as I had no intentions to buy it, but I'm really afraid for Transformers now, which I had to leave for later sale.

The old Fallout titles are still in the store. So Bethesda and Zenimax just hate GOG.com.

It would seem so

Okay, I had a good laugh with my Dad. He's not exactly totally ignorant of games (he loved Resident Evil 2 and had a prized Dodge Viper in GT 3 A-Spec), but he hasn't really played or keep up with any news/info in years.

So when I mentioned PC gaming, he was all, "No one plays computer games. Everyone has consoles. Computer games don't even make any money" (essentially).

Man, I thought that was funny, especially after reading about Steam's 7.6 million users or DayZ and Starbound sales. Has no idea how big PC gaming is.

I'm guessing no one is buying Planetary Annihilation at that price.

Fun game though, so if you're into RTS then watch a few streams on YouTube so you can get an idea of where the game's at right now, and whether you think it's worth it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
;3; Much thanks to Honorless for gifting me Deadpool. Now to send a message pesking her to take something I have a spare of so I don't feel bad about it.

Zafir

Fun game though, so if you're into RTS then watch a few streams on YouTube so you can get an idea of where the game's at right now, and whether you think it's worth it.
If anyone was, it's cheaper on Humble Bundle store in the UK at the least.

Grief.exe

;3; Much thanks to Honorless for gifting me Deadpool. Not to send a message peaking her to take something I have a spare of so I don't feel bad about it.
Grief, I added you cause your an awesome guy, but don't need to offer it, Honorless was already selfless. Though glad to have you on the good ole' friends list~

Ok good, I was going to bite the bullet and get you a copy if no one replied to your trade request.

After you have done so much gifting to the community, it was the least we could do to gift back.

Arthea

Tomb Rider annihilated Ghosts? (><)
That's nice!

An early access game, multi only for that price? I like RTS games, but that's no win situation.

Deadpool was one of those games I was gonna hold off on for a while, but I didn't expect it to get yanked this quick; that was what, half a year? Fine Activision, you win this round. Just don't take down Fall of Cybertron until it's on sale somewhere you devils.

Thinking of picking this up, as will more than likely get this at launch anyway.

Good to note that as an early access backer, you also get these (as noted in the Steam storefront):

- Theta Commander: Commanders are front and center in PA, and the Theta commander is a unique shell design only available to those who purchase the game in Early Access or pre-purchase the title at a later date. It is a distinguishing symbol of your support.

- Orchestral Soundtrack: The PA Soundtrack is the game’s score by Howard Mostrom and it's recorded by a live orchestra. It will be yours via digital download when the game is released.

- Desktop Wallpaper: This is the official full release Planetary Annihilation wallpaper and will come in a variety of resolutions for you to choose. Design to be finalized by release.

Lunaniem

Deadpool was one of those games I was gonna hold off on for a while, but I didn't expect it to get yanked this quick; that was what, half a year? Fine Activision, you win this round. Just don't take down Fall of Cybertron until it's on sale somewhere you devils.

007 Legends got taken down less than 2 months after it came out on PC, the difference being that Deadpool wasn't near as bad of a game.

Dr Dogg

Deadpool is gone? That game came out like 4 months ago. What kind of shitty licensing deals is Acti signing over there?

Well to be fair the 6 months Deadpool got was certainly a better deal than the precisely 60 day 007 Legends got before vanishing into the ether.

As Grief said this is a rather silly strategy for a digital marketplace where your revenue is spread out over a long period of time with peaks around sales compared to the initial blitz and short tail of retail.

Still Deadpool = Marvel = Disney. And we all know what they're like with Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom