• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBasch

Didn't get Guacamelee on the Vita because I couldn't get a PSN card before the sale was over.

I'm waiting for another sale, but voted Guacamelee anyway. :D

jrcbandit

So which is the better buy; Saints Row iv Season Pass or just the Christmas dlc, I hear the Dominatrix dlc is lousy, but it's only $1.20 difference.

Get the Season Pass. Not much more and the ending of Dominatrix is amazing (well not gameplay-wise, but the WTF/humor factor).

It's odd that Pacman pricing hasn't been adjusted. Isn't the normal sale price 33% off?

I recently got to playing Europa Universalis III and am enjoying the hell out of it 30 hours later. Seeing as the franchise is on sale, would it be better to go ahead and buy the two expansions on Steam or should I just go ahead and grab IV? Or is it all right to go ahead and get the expansions and IV? I am not too sure how much these games differ in overall gameplay between entries and was wondering if it was one of those cases where it is just best to just play the latest version.

Prophane33

I recently got to playing Europa Universalis III and am enjoying the hell out of it 30 hours later. Seeing as the franchise is on sale, would it be better to go ahead and buy the two expansions on Steam or should I just go ahead and grab IV? Or is it all right to go ahead and get the expansions and IV? I am not too sure how much these games differ in overall gameplay between entries and was wondering if it was one of those cases where it is just best to just play the latest version.

I would hold out a bit on EU IV. I can't imagine playing EU3 without all the expansions, so definitely jump on those if you don't have them.

joe2187

Banned
so am thinking of picking up guacamelee, but i'm hesitant after hearing how difficult it is....

It's not as difficult as they say. It's a really simple brawler mixed with Metroid type exploration. The difficulty comes from some challenge areas like the treetops which is an optional section really. but the fun part of the game is using all of your powerups and moves to traverse through each area in style and speed.

It's a wonderful game never hesitated buying it day one on PS.

Zeliard

I need to give a public shout-out to sexyman Nirolak for gifting me State of Decay, To the Moon, and Ducktales <3333333333333

Rorschach

Does anyone know how I can use my 15 dollars of promotional credit I have on amazon for digital downloads? I just realized I've never actually gotten it to work.

Is it worth getting the Pacman Championship Edition DX+ All You Can Eat edition?

Or will vanilla do just fine?
It's mostly skins, I think, but I think there are a few new levels.

It's probably worth it just because the base game is so good, but I haven't played the new levels personally.

yoshizzle

Does anyone know how I can use my 15 dollars of promotional credit I have on amazon? I just realized I've never actually gotten it to work.

Amazon will email the promotional credit codes on January 3rd. The credit will only apply towards their Editor's Choice games which will soon be revealed. Also, the codes do not stack.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Revelations and 3 were both only 25% off during the Winter Sales of 2011 and 2012 respectively.

Fair enough, but I don't think it's like we saw Amazon having deals twice as good as those during those years. Seemed to me that maybe Ubi just came around on sales with this title.

belushy

Banned
Does anyone know if RPG Maker VX Ace will end up as a daily at some point? Unfortunately won't have the money by the time its price drop ends.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fair enough, but I don't think it's like we saw Amazon having deals twice as good as those during those years. Seemed to me that maybe Ubi just came around on sales with this title.

2011, no, but 2012 certainly did (Lego LOTR and Scribblenauts Unlimited at 75% off come to mind).

I'll tip my hat to that, but at least Retro City Rampage sticks to general 80's references and doesn't dip into the 4chan/reddit pool, so it's gets a tiny +1 over Guac from me.

you're right, 80s references aren't like the "le meme" mentality that is guacamelee, I read the devs admitted they over did it and they were regretting putting so much "memes" in the final product.

joe2187

Banned
I can't vote (or give money) to any game that relies so much on pandering to memes and references.

The game is an homage to nearly everything man, mostly though to just Video Games in general.

I+am+error.jpg

cactuar.jpg

mega+man.jpg

Dr.Acula

Banned
Does anyone know if RPG Maker VX Ace will end up as a daily at some point? Unfortunately won't have the money by the time its price drop ends.

It was yesterday's daily, so you have to buy it now. It won't go daily again unless it comes back the last day as an encore (unlikely).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom