• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubixcuba

Banned
Crafted my first Snow Globe badge. Got some Stronghold coat of arms thing which doesn't sell on the market at all, cue much sadness.

Jeez man, I actually won Starbound. Man I feel just like a kid on Christmas would feel. Thanks thecharrrrrr, you're awesome! =]

Not only that but after 25 tries, I actually beat Neo Khadir in Rogue Legacy. Took me a while to learn the pattern. Thanks for making this a great holidays, you guys!

Could we maybe get a separate thread going for game draws? I feel like the posts about draws followed by the ensuing, needless, posts about having entered said draws only serve to bury what few conversations are actually taking place.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bioshock 2 -- MB-C2F4D3F74678EACE
The Walking Dead 400 Days DLC -- MB-22EA8D6BF7B89BF8
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-AED198C4A9E147B3
Bioshock Infinite -- MB-4401213877A19414
The Walking Dead Season One -- MB-BAB2FD0D485E25F9
Bioshock -- MB-8964E61FBCD1177B
Far Cry 3 -- MB-78C05F348D2B4BE5

t1388042307z1.png

rrs

Winners of Day 1 of my giveaway:
Gravelord_Nito and Deques got Bad Ratted
ramoisdead won Starbound
Cheddahz and jwtsonga won Rise of the Triad

Thanks for playing, day 2 will have KOF and Shelter

Deques

Yay, I won... Bad Rats >.<

Thanks thecharr

I haven't won anything during the holiday sale until now. and it's a Bad Rats T_T

Yes I am whining :)

AsylumX

Jeez man, I actually won Starbound. Man I feel just like a kid on Christmas would feel. Thanks thecharrrrrr, you're awesome! =]

Not only that but after 25 tries, I actually beat Neo Khadir in Rogue Legacy. Took me a while to learn the pattern. Thanks for making this a great holidays, you guys!

You beat Neo Khadir??? Lucky bastard, I can't jump around without taking damage... Maybe someday...

Ptaaty

I dunno man. Shooting tears/projectiles always felt off to me, like it didn't feel precise enough and I often wouldn't hit enemies when I was convinced that that shot should had hit them.

I dunno. I'm pretty sure people will tell me that I'm playing the game wrong and that I suck and all that, but the actual gameplay mechanics never felt good to me, unlike SMB which is a game by the same guys that I greatly enjoy.

Agree. Really tried Isaac...but couldn't enjoy due to the core mechanics. If it was redone with built in gamepad support maybe that would help? To contrast...I absolutely love Rogue Legacy which has the roguelike elements. Enough so I am waiting for the next sub $5 Spelunky sale.

Indies can be tough, its like buy 5 and 2 really work with me. Thankfully those that do sort of restore my faith in games and the $ entry point is low.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I won a good amount of games, but the one I'm most eager to try out is System Shock 2 which I got from Rhaknar.

I've heard nothing but great things about it through the years, I'm a huge Ken Levine fan, but never got to try it due to being a console gamer my whole life. Installing it right now. :D

Chunky

I need Guacamelee to win this vote. I got just after the first boss on my Vita, absolutely loved it (ignoring the memes) but I'm waiting to get the bastard's screen fixed. If that gold thing or FUCKING Dragons Lair wins, I'll be bloody livid.
Kinda ironic that those guys got started on Newgrounds since both their games just look like something I would've played on a school computer in 2005.

SMB and BOI are two of the best games of the last decade, made in flash or otherwise.
They sold a shedload, got great critical praise and gaf loves them. Have you actually played either of them, or are just basing your opinion off a youtube video?

I bought that with card money but haven't played much yet. The time slow effect was really nice with dodging on the first boss. It seems good so far, but honestly I have a personal preference against the control scheme (not that the actual scheme is bad). Using joy2key to remap up=jump helps, but I'm trying to think of a way to make the face buttons allow 8 way shooting, for times I don't need more accuracy than that.

I would highly recommend sticking to the default controller layout (dual sticks and the shoulder buttons), the game uses all the directions man.

I
I've played a bit of that game with K+M. Would you suggest playing it with a controller instead?

KB/M is fine for the game, speedrun videos of the game I have seen use largely KB/M usually because being able to know exactly where you are going to shoot is a huge help I would assume. The analogue for movement is pretty nice though as it gives you lots of control over doing tight dodges in slowmo.

I dunno man. Shooting tears/projectiles always felt off to me, like it didn't feel precise enough and I often wouldn't hit enemies when I was convinced that that shot should had hit them.

I dunno. I'm pretty sure people will tell me that I'm playing the game wrong and that I suck and all that, but the actual gameplay mechanics never felt good to me, unlike SMB which is a game by the same guys that I greatly enjoy.

I've played a bit of that game with K+M. Would you suggest playing it with a controller instead?

I understand you, but you need to get used to the controls, you need to play it more, you can use the keyboard or even a gamepad (but you need to use a program like Xppader I think). Just give it a try!

Could we maybe get a separate thread going for game draws? I feel like the posts about draws followed by the ensuing, needless, posts about having entered said draws only serve to bury what few conversations are actually taking place.

That's part of the fun, man. This thread is a big bonanza.

Buying the legendary edition of Skyrim is cheaper than buying a couple of the DLCs. I think Dragonborn alone is almost the cost of the base game. I don't get it.

rrs

Buying the legendary edition of Skyrim is cheaper than buying a couple of the DLCs. I think Dragonborn alone is almost the cost of the base game. I don't get it.

I have no clue, but I wish it would go on sale, $20 seems a bit high for the DLC

Yay, I won... Bad Rats >.<

Thanks thecharr

I haven't won anything during the holiday sale until now. and it's a Bad Rats T_T

Yes I am whining :)

It's a status of honor :3

No problem!

Deques

I've had Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies, Blood Knights and Cook, Serve, Delicious gifted to me.

Maybe the wrong person to ask since you collect games, but any idea how Blood Knights is?

It seems that Indiegala has the cheapest Blood Knights

Smash88

Banned
I had no idea Rebirth is going with a new art direction.

I am not feeling it at all. Kind of disappointed actually - looks bad.

tumblr_mycbq7WQ6G1rwh6p8o1_400.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For what it's worth, the Skyrim DLC isn't region-locked, so you can pick it up on the cheap from traders.

denx

I understand you, but you need to get used to the controls, you need to play it more, you can use the keyboard or even a gamepad (but you need to use a program like Xppader I think). Just give it a try!

I tried, but it just didn't click with me. I don't feel like going back to that game anytime soon.

It's a status of honor :3

Should I feel bad that I don't have Bad Rats in my account?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm enjoying Papers, Please. You have to pay attention to all of the small details.

Also, my family is without heat.

kurahador

Same thing with the first Borderlands really. Buying the vanilla will ended up you paying more to get the DLC compared to GOTY edition.

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
I still have KoF sitting in my steam cart at 10 buckos, i'm contemplating...i dont have my fight stick anymore and not sure when i can buy a new one, trying to balance how often im going to play that game with a ....ugh..ps2 controller with a usb connector. How often between now and the next time its on sale...or until i can afford a new stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom