• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I picked up Papers, Please. Why didn't anyone tell me about this game? So good.

I'm debating picking up Gone Home. My only "gaming PC" is a 2011 11" Macbook Air. So I'm not sure how well it'll run. Sigh. I should buy a gaming PC but with Steambox and Oculus Rift around the corner, I feel like I should wait.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Quick meta question: does ModBot edit giveaway posts even in locked threads?

Just curious.

I... Actually don't know.

One day... For science. But maybe, as I think ModBot has mod privileges. And mods can edit and post in locked topics. So I would assume so.

First time with ModBot(i like to giveaway directly by steam but i have a lot of steam keys and here are very good people). This it just a try(but is a real key) Tomorrow i post like 30 keys or something like that.

Thanks dude.

I got a copy of RE5 and Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY I'll try to Modbot tomorrow.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Still such a fast topic~ One more posting for the night of the Giveaway, will post again in like 10 or something hours. But hope you all have a horror-licious holiday~

ModBot said:
[Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Alone in the Dark 5 -- MB-CC4DB3157AC557A1

header_292x136.jpg

Resident Evil Revelations -- MB-556C291ACA777296

header_292x136.jpg

Resident Evil 6 -- MB-9F32FE086DB0B43D

header_292x136.jpg

Slender The Arrival -- MB-E0478057FA525AA5

header_292x136.jpg

Cold Fear -- MB-1F8A969EAC205B5A

header_292x136.jpg

Contagion -- MB-1195067D8E9A2FB5

header_292x136.jpg

Outlast -- MB-28CDCF6834924FC2

header_292x136.jpg

Montagues Mount -- MB-090423D435F6E880

header_292x136.jpg

Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army -- MB-6FA4BC5E3F1B0FF4

header_292x136.jpg

Dementium II HD -- MB-D0F3FF3C2883523E

header_292x136.jpg

Shattered Haven -- MB-51B8ED8E2DF82CC0

header_292x136.jpg

Deadly Premonition Directors Cut -- MB-68971ADCE5C11FD2

header_292x136.jpg

Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth -- MB-D3D6E358BB218E0F

header_292x136.jpg

Clive Barkers Jericho -- MB-2C85966ABB6A8A13

header_292x136.jpg

How to Survive -- MB-BCBC402424139868

header_292x136.jpg

King of Fighters XIII -- MB-DAE38D2801DC4A1D

header_292x136.jpg

Long Live the Queen -- MB-F31EC9CD9E652DE7

header_292x136.jpg

Alone in the Dark New Nightmare -- MB-BD6C635442DDABA1

header_292x136.jpg

Blood of the Werewolf -- MB-5C0876AD8D0D6897

header_292x136.jpg

Teleglitch Die More Edition -- MB-A47A57C40EF55A16

header_292x136.jpg

Anna Extended Edition -- MB-3125E13C7A8D8C64

t1388110392z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just realized the Lego games for Star Wars and Indy are never going to have decent sales again because Disney gonna Disney :(

feel

Was STILL having my doubts about biting on Papers, Please right now instead of waiting for 75% or an inclusion in a humble bundle, so I went and downloaded the free beta.

Played a bit, closed it.. and then RAN to the Steam store to buy it like my oxygen supply depended on it.

Hey guys, a couple of my friends and I are actually doing a huge 24 hour giveaway stream this weekend, as I don't want to link it in here for it to seem like a plug, if you want to know more about it just PM me!

I thought this was relevant considering we are giving away over 20 games that's been on sale and that a lot of people love.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not this sale yet I think, but I do believe it was on sale recently. I at least recall a lot of people talking about it somewhere in the last few weeks as it was on sale. I think it was a mid-week sale.

It was 75% off during the Autumn Sale.

Chunky

It controlled fine, I just wasn't really feeling the game's structure or art style. Beat 1 room, head back to a menu and select another room. Why am I doing that? I like platformers too. That game was just far too newgroundsy for me.

Yeah I hear that. If a game just starts off rubbing you the wrong way, it can be pretty hard to change your mind on it.

I like the structure for how quick and lean it is, but I agree if you're into the Donkey Kong Country/Rayman style adventure-ish platformers, SMB is pretty barren.

Was STILL having my doubts about biting on Papers, Please right now instead of waiting for 75% or an inclusion in a humble bundle, so I went and downloaded the free beta.

Played a bit, closed it.. and then RAN to the Steam store to buy it like my oxygen supply depended on it.

Glory to Arstotzka

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bioshock 2 -- MB-C2F4D3F74678EACE - Taken by Newblade. 9 entrants total.
The Walking Dead 400 Days DLC -- MB-22EA8D6BF7B89BF8 - Taken by ClassyPenguin. 7 entrants total.
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-AED198C4A9E147B3 - Taken by BertleTheTurtle. 97 entrants total.
Bioshock Infinite -- MB-4401213877A19414 - Taken by gabbo. 64 entrants total.
The Walking Dead Season One -- MB-BAB2FD0D485E25F9 - Taken by crazy monkey. 20 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-8964E61FBCD1177B - Taken by GuardianE. 4 entrants total.
Far Cry 3 -- MB-78C05F348D2B4BE5 - Taken by Metalic Sand. 51 entrants total.

t1388042307z1.png

Okay, get those last minute votes in! Best of luck to everyone.

XD

ModBot said:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cities in Motion 2 -- MB-B542285E9CDC2BB2 - Taken by Milamber. 5 entrants total.
Shank 2 -- MB-12C48E27F8E19DBE - Taken by Li Kao. 3 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-9711860E3B34EF79 - Taken by VikasNarula. 18 entrants total.
Batman Arkham Asylum -- MB-1BF38960BD49CD02 - Taken by drgambit. 2 entrants total.
System Shock 2 -- MB-FE8C9CE871DA2267 - Taken by Zeeman. 8 entrants total.
Sanctum 2 -- MB-F93ECF24FC7522A7 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 5 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD The First Encounter -- MB-008F283B6D09F2E8 - Taken by yogloo. 3 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter -- MB-D954F147728CEFB2 - Taken by electroflame
Orcs Must Die! 2 -- MB-68F7771EF577A4ED - Taken by Xanathus. 10 entrants total.
McPixel -- MB-0F4E806CAC4C65D6 - Taken by KScorp. 2 entrants total.
Neighbours From Hell Compilation -- MB-2D2238C40AFD0B1F - Taken by SSPssp
Batman Arkham City -- MB-28233B6F140F0199 - Taken by kutthoat5150. 6 entrants total.
Killing Floor -- MB-BA2592B623787373 - Taken by TetraxShards
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux -- MB-6379ACC730A99905 - Taken by graywolf323. 7 entrants total.
Serious Sam 3 -- MB-65978979FB0AEF2C - Taken by Uninspired. 3 entrants total.
Rising Storm -- MB-D1976474C48026C5 - Taken by NingenJanai. 8 entrants total.

t1388052208z1.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Still such a fast topic~ One more posting for the night of the Giveaway, will post again in like 10 or something hours. But hope you all have a horror-licious holiday~

Soon I will be in a location where the fastest internet speed is 26k and not a stable connection to be found, so it will be quite horrific as I may miss out on any sales and fun posts on NeoGAF.

So in case I don't see who wins, a thank you for such a fun and interesting giveaway. Hopefully those who have glanced over it took the time too look up some of the lesser known titles. In case I win, I look forward to coming back home and playing a frightful title, hopefully a Cold one.

I just wanted to send out a huge Thank You to everyone doing giveaways. It's so rad to see people doing this.

Aye, even when it's Bad Rats to see, tis a wonderful think so many do to help spread joy, awareness of a game or developer they like, or just something to liven things up.

Edit: Oh now I want to give something away, but I lack the ability to get any keys to share. Still, all the same, a game for all to download for free and enjoy.

Click this for a classic game. It's not Bad Rats.

Big-E

Anyone have a list of the odd stuff that is on sale but never advertised. Usually every sale there is one really good sale that goes under the radar. Also there are a few games that are not on sale that make no sense. Anachronox is not on sale at all and it makes no sense to me. Sell that game for a dollar and you will be making more money than whoever owns the rights is making right now.

I bet 99.9% of bad rats' revenue comes from the big sales. Fucking stupid that some games aren't discounted.

Amzin

Anyone have a list of the odd stuff that is on sale but never advertised. Usually every sale there is one really good sale that goes under the radar. Also there are a few games that are not on sale that make no sense. Anachronox is not on sale at all and it makes no sense to me. Sell that game for a dollar and you will be making more money than whoever owns the rights is making right now.

I bet 99.9% of bad rats' revenue comes from the big sales. Fucking stupid that some games aren't discounted.

Something like this?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3209145

hitmon

It's not much, but here's a little something to give back to the community.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Tomb Raider -- MB-005431524567F81B - Taken by -Deimos. 19 entrants total.

t1388042624z1.png

Coreda

So finally IndieGala replied to my email, and provided me with a profile link where I could set a password for my account and claim my games.

Interestingly you can unclaim your own account, presumably so you can give it to someone else maybe.

Added the full version of Teleglitch to Steam, so yay.

feel

Don't hurt me but I think all raffles should be 15min, seems like more than enough time. The generosity is amazing, but it gets a bit tiring seeing most of the posts in the thread dedicated to giveaways with people constantly reposting their 3h and 24h ones for visibility (and/or praise), and then a bunch of people replying to each of those reposts.

Don't hurt me but I think all raffles should be 15min, seems like more than enough time. The generosity is amazing, but it gets a bit tiring seeing most of the posts in the thread dedicated to giveaways with people constantly reposting their 3h and 24h ones for visibility (and/or praise), and then a bunch of people replying to each of those reposts.

It's Christmas during a steam sale. The giveaways will thin pretty quickly after today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom