• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would highly recommend sticking to the default controller layout (dual sticks and the shoulder buttons), the game uses all the directions man.

Yeah, but I feel like I might be better at it giving up some directions in exchange for perfect accuracy (besides, I'm not using the face buttons for anything, so if I could give them smash tv shot control it would only be a plus). Maybe not, I'll probably stay with dual sticks.

What I'm current using is up=jump and right shoulder=slow time. Is up=jump going to cause problems later on?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I need Guacamelee to win this vote. I got just after the first boss on my Vita, absolutely loved it (ignoring the memes) but I'm waiting to get the bastard's screen fixed. If that gold thing or FUCKING Dragons Lair wins, I'll be bloody livid.

SMB and BOI are two of the best games of the last decade, made in flash or otherwise.
They sold a shedload, got great critical praise and gaf loves them. Have you actually played either of them, or are just basing your opinion off a youtube video?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Hand__Of__God/

i played both, not a fan of their "art style" but BOI was alright. I admit most of my time logged on that game was card idling. SMB was just plain bad imho.

Cody_D165

Banned
I had to do at least a small giveaway, SteamGAF has introduced me to so many great games this year and even helped add to my Steam library. The generosity spread by some of you folks is unrivaled. Someday when I can I will do a bigger giveaway but I hope for now someone enjoys this. Thanks for helping a poor cheap college kid out and even helping me out with my own Christmas, GAF.
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Terraria -- MB-22721B247E31073D - Taken by eyeless. 8 entrants total.

t1388040012z1.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Is it worth your $2.00?

You have to ask yourself: do you really like Aliens? If you do, then the low cost of entry might be worth it to you. If you're on the fence, think carefully. Krokodil rots your privates, btw.

The game is mediocre in many respects. It's not terrible, but it's also not very good.

Pros:
~snip~

For cons, there are plenty. This review explains it best and in more detail, but let me try to sum it up in a more creative manner befitting NeoGAF.

A nice write up, it's going to help explain the game to some friends of mine as I've lacked the words to do so properly myself.

I waited a whole year and now im not sure psychonauts will finish downloading in time for me to get the christmas achievement.

I believe its a hidden one.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention WisK, the limited time forced me to actually stop just passing the game by in my library and actually load it up and play. I forgot just how fun of a platformer it was and how humorous it could be.
The 4 Steam cards I got out of it without even noticing isn't so bad either.

rrs

And Round 2 begins!

One is KoF XIII, the other is The Citizen Kane of Gaming: Bad Rats. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

It's your old pal, Bad Rats -- MB-6E3960879FE54A4D
A Bad Rat for a good child -- MB-1B457048C07D2DF9

t1388125962z1.png

I had to do at least a small giveaway, SteamGAF has introduced me to so many great games this year and even helped add to my Steam library. The generosity spread by some of you folks is unrivaled. Someday when I can I will do a bigger giveaway but I hope for now someone enjoys this. Thanks for helping a poor cheap college kid out and even helping me out with my own Christmas, GAF.

Not entering since I'm sure there's other people that would enjoy Terraria more than me (though it sounds pretty fun), but I just wanted to say you're a good dude for giving back.

Yeah, but I feel like I might be better at it giving up some directions in exchange for perfect accuracy (besides, I'm not using the face buttons for anything, so if I could give them smash tv shot control it would only be a plus). Maybe not, I'll probably stay with dual sticks.

What I'm current using is up=jump and right shoulder=slow time. Is up=jump going to cause problems later on?

I can only recommend the default layout, otherwise you are limiting options.

http://www.twitch.tv/mtmbstudios/b/489812509

Vid of me trying to go for the V. Hard Arcade Mode run. I can regularly get up to Stage 6. This vid is not a great run though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I still have KoF sitting in my steam cart at 10 buckos, i'm contemplating...i dont have my fight stick anymore and not sure when i can buy a new one, trying to balance how often im going to play that game with a ....ugh..ps2 controller with a usb connector. How often between now and the next time its on sale...or until i can afford a new stick.
Buy it and eventually get a stick.

why not

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-5467050D4F291D0B - Taken by Nemesis121. 2 entrants total.
Organ Trail Directors Cut -- MB-B347EB34E760D4AE - Taken by Pestilence11. 10 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-D7D3F04A8F34A651 - Taken by Luap. 4 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-F3C7CC57ADD17992 - Taken by LeadProtagonist. 7 entrants total.
Brutal Legend -- MB-278295BF518509C3 - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
Trine 2 complete -- MB-C910AE64AC273B3C - Taken by Cloudius12. 3 entrants total.
Eets Munchies -- MB-58F8E2C7145F244A - Taken by Casimir. 1 entrants total.
FTL Faster Than Light -- MB-086121A7AF379F2F - Taken by Evo X. 6 entrants total.
Dead Island GOTY -- MB-BEDF1B75248E754A - Taken by Servizio. 18 entrants total.
The Bards Tale -- MB-2443042361640755 - Taken by Kapow. 11 entrants total.

t1388050452z1.png

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
that's what everyone should do. why this argument has been going on for a couple of pages is laughable.

people are arguing with a guy that thinks the Deathstroke battle in Arkham Origins was fun and Euro Truck Simulator is good.

this discussion was doing nothing but inflating people's post counts

Now now, Euro Truck Simulator IS a good game.

I tried, but it just didn't click with me. I don't feel like going back to that game anytime soon.

Should I feel bad that I don't have Bad Rats in my account?

I know man, I really understand you, when a game does not click on you, it doesn't matter if the game it's amazing, fun or awesome, you just won't play it. period :)

Chunky

What didn't you like about it?
The game just feels so good. The minute level of control you get over meat boy, his momentum, those lovely smooshy walljumps. No death in that game is unfair because of how perfectly they programmed the way he moves. It's probably my favourite platform game engine (at the very out of all the indies). That plus the banging Dany B tunes.

I agree the artstyle's serviceable at best. And the cutscenes definitely feel fresh out of Newgrounds.

The only disappointment for me this sale is that EU IV didn't hit $10, would of bought in an instant, looks like I'm sticking with Civ V for now!

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
Nuuvem has MGS for 14 dollars....fyi as far as i know its going to be the first game that has region locked gifting and keys. That said if you live in NA you should be fine as it says its region locked to the americas.

denx

Hopefully this hasn't been redeemed.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

King's Bounty The Legend -- MB-69CF4613F6E16656 - Taken by Tolerance. 11 entrants total.

t1388041138z1.png

I still have KoF sitting in my steam cart at 10 buckos, i'm contemplating...i dont have my fight stick anymore and not sure when i can buy a new one, trying to balance how often im going to play that game with a ....ugh..ps2 controller with a usb connector. How often between now and the next time its on sale...or until i can afford a new stick.

I was thinking about getting KoFXIII but to be honest I don't have a fighting stick, and I don't know it the game can be played well with a 360 controller, but if you think that you need the stick to play it and you can't afford it right now, just wait, the game will be cheaper eventually!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nuuvem has MGS for 14 dollars....fyi as far as i know its going to be the first game that has region locked gifting and keys. That said if you live in NA you should be fine as it says its region locked to the americas.
Retail keys aren't region-locked, despite what the page claims. The only copies that are region-locked are Steam gift copies e-mailed to international users from users within South America or Eastern Europe, but this applies exclusively to activating the game -- there are no runtime restrictions.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
What didn't you like about it?
The game just feels so good. The minute level of control you get over meat boy, his momentum, those lovely smooshy walljumps. No death in that game is unfair because of how perfectly they programmed the way he moves. It's probably my favourite platform game engine. That plus the banging Dany B tunes.

I agree the artstyle's serviceable at best. And the cutscenes definitely feel fresh out of Newgrounds.

It controlled fine, I just wasn't really feeling the game's structure or art style. Beat 1 room, head back to a menu and select another room. Why am I doing that? I like platformers too. That game was just far too newgroundsy for me.

I want MGS Rising, but shit. I doubt I'm getting it this time around. My back log is only growing, and despite spending a lot more on friends and family than myself, I don't see it shrinking anytime soon.

My first ever giveaway. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Rochard -- MB-F360E7A4181D6BD2 - Taken by Shadowplay1979. 4 entrants total.
Anomaly Warzone Earth -- MB-BCF9C495AE4DD360 - Taken by emiranda061288. 2 entrants total.
McPixel -- MB-A45C643669292171 - Taken by Relax.MX. 2 entrants total.
Solar 2 -- MB-FAE5D4E58151BF7D - Taken by Oreoleo. 3 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-E2D36D8B8338F4FF - Taken by belucheez. 3 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP -- MB-0D4536DD4CC2BDAC - Taken by Zom. 2 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-E09B727130AA8305 - Taken by Lonewolf_92. 2 entrants total.
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-C2B9321092A3705C - Taken by Htown. 5 entrants total.
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-BE2C5592F0FF1EC3 - Taken by fuzzy123
Revenge of the Titans -- MB-BEF512EF92531D06 - Taken by Pestilence11. 1 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-E0F2C48B8592E8F0 - Taken by UnObtainium17. 1 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-C7BEB55020CDAE49 - Taken by Volimar. 3 entrants total.
The Showdown Effect -- MB-0A698BB9FC009F34 - Taken by denx. 2 entrants total.
Limbo -- MB-1E4EBBB398502CE5 - Taken by Silent_Ocarina. 3 entrants total.
Saints Row: The Third -- MB-F6839E90FA69F091 - Taken by Pickles Spill. 4 entrants total.
Serious Sam 3 BFE -- MB-DECE23B3E537E331 - Taken by Danielsan. 3 entrants total.
Alan Wake Collector's Edition -- MB-68A312C64D8DC932 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt. 11 entrants total.
Alan Wake's American Nightmare -- MB-D6E867E78EECA66D - Taken by Im a Manatee. 1 entrants total.
Nightsky -- MB-3D6FD14C15FA9746 - Taken by Cloudius12. 3 entrants total.
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-382D904D83F72388 - Taken by Handsomejan. 4 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-75DBCFC807097526 - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.

t1388041452z1.png

Relax.MX

First time with ModBot(i like to giveaway directly by steam but i have a lot of steam keys and here are very good people). This it just a try(but is a real key) Tomorrow i post like 30 keys or something like that.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Awesomenauts -- MB-58DA3BFD8ADCCB38 - Taken by Grimm Fandango

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom