• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

Thread is finally slowing down

It's insane, I can't even reply because the thread keeps changing topics so frequently. I'm using the Neogaf Live Thread Chrome extension and there's like 10 new posts after every auto-update. I wish GAF had a slow mode posting mode like Twitch where you can only post a new post only once a minute or so to encourage more insightful and useful posts. I'm guessing that people are just spamming to get 5 posts for the no lurker giveaways.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
People that are gifting me games, I am on to you! You can't fool me, no sir!

Day 1 Rhaknar does giveaway. Gets gifted game by random gaffer, refuels his giveaway juices from the genorosity.
Day 2 Rhaknar does giveaway, random gaffers gift him games, refuels his juices once again!
Day 3 Rhaknar does giveaway... Random gifts!

I got my eye on you! o_O hitting in the feels is a low blow!
Shhh, you've done a lot of great giveaways and I saw you mention you were interested in Cold Fear in my giveaway, so I had to buy you a copy of it. -3- Hope you enjoy, btw~

I dream of a future for DLC, where people who purchased the game early are rewarded rather than penalized with DLC prices. I hate it how DLC always costs more to those who bought the game earlier rather than those who buy later, not on discounts but like how buying all the DLC separately is more expensive than buying the GOTY edition of the game or something like that.

I complained about the exact same thing in the previous thread. I still don't own dragonborn because of this nonsense and I really want to own dragonborn.

Sajjaja

People that are gifting me games, I am on to you! You can't fool me, no sir!

Day 1 Rhaknar does giveaway. Gets gifted game by random gaffer, refuels his giveaway juices from the genorosity.
Day 2 Rhaknar does giveaway, random gaffers gift him games, refuels his juices once again!
Day 3 Rhaknar does giveaway... Random gifts!

I got my eye on you! o_O hitting in the feels is a low blow!

A junior with respect is a rare thing. It's a thing of pride. Carry it well, cherish it, it won't last forever.

j/k hue hue....hue....................... ;o

Almost midnight here on the Best Coast, so it's quite late(early?) in the rest of the USA.

I can't sleep because I'm at my gf's parents house and it's so fucking hot in here and I'm on the couch and I forgot my pjs so I'm in my jeans and an undershirt.

Eternia

This is an extra graphics card code I have no use for that lets you choose one of the following:
- Sleeping Dogs (Steam)
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Steam)
- Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon (Uplay)
- Dirt 3 (Steam)

I believe you need to make an account and enter the code here. I've never used one of these before either so I hope I'm not missing anything.
ModBot 3 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam/Uplay key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

AMD Bronze Never Settle Reward -- MB-E5910B12BF8D96E4 - Taken by Deques

Almost midnight here on the Best Coast, so it's quite late(early?) in the rest of the USA.

I can't sleep because I'm at my gf's parents house and it's so fucking hot in here and I'm on the couch and I forgot my pjs so I'm in my jeans and an undershirt.

In this part of the best coast I just pop the window open, its cold as shit outside but I love it

TheBear

When i enter a raffle, do i include the name of the game in the pm?
For example, for the deadly premonition raffle i sent the following:
Deadly Premonition Directors Cut -- MB-68971ADCE5C11FD2

Pm'd to modbot with gibberish in the subject line. Am i doing it right?

Deques

As long as MB-68971ADCE5C11FD2 is included in the message then you are fine

Sajjaja

Yes. Name is optional.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Either way will work. ModBot just needs the code so it knows which key to grab.

Edit: I suck at posting.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

To win it yes

I send just the codes without the game name, that works I don't know I imagine including the name shouldn't affect anything but I don't know.

Waku

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-218017929FCDBEA1 - Taken by Melhisedek. 7 entrants total.
Zeno Clash -- MB-BB443B272852B85F - Taken by steadfast. 2 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Asylum -- MB-226B9D173E5D00AE - Taken by tmespe. 1 entrants total.
Killing Floor -- MB-8A64DFB26684B0E3 - Taken by astrogamer. 6 entrants total.

t1388045728z1.png

Merry Christmas, SteamGaf. I know it's not much.

Though i am mostly a lurker in the steam threads i have been following them for a long, long time and they are some of the most pleasent threads on the board. Time to give back, i hope this works.

Dusk Golem

Doing it right. All you need to post I hear is the code part (starting with MB), but it works just as good if you copy the name part of the code of what the code is for.

It only gets funky if you enter more than one code in one PM, cause then it marks you as greedy and disqualifies you from that specific giveaway, even if it's a free-for-all like my current giveaway with DP. You just have to send the code individually PM by PM rather than just on one PM.

Title can be anything, just make sure the word register isn't in it or else modbot will think you're trying to start your own giveaway.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

I`m on PST and installing System Shock 2 and my computer is running at snails pace. Its at 80% fluctuating between 80 kb/s to 160 kb/s. Every single website is running slow.

My laptop is brand new so it has somewhat decent power but could it be I`ve installed to many games? The last three days: FEAR 2, FF7, Hard Reset, L4D2, LIMBO, Serious Sam 1 and 2, Starvoid, Titan Quest and World of Goo. Is it Steam running slow, my ISP or my laptop? Either way once System Shock 2 installs in a few minutes finally, I`m going to uninstall the games I`m not playing and save them for later.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Yes. Name is optional.

Though it's been suggested you try to appease, entice, or outright seduce ModBot. The effectiveness of these tactics haven't been confirmed as of yet, but some believe quite strongly that they do indeed work.

Thorgal

It's insane, I can't even reply because the thread keeps changing topics so frequently. I'm using the Neogaf Live Thread Chrome extension and there's like 10 new posts after every auto-update. I wish GAF had a slow mode posting mode like Twitch where you can only post a new post only once a minute or so to encourage more insightful and useful posts. I'm guessing that people are just spamming to get 5 posts for the no lurker giveaways.

Well durring periods of very heavy traffic ,they can lengthen the cooldown periods between posts from 30 secs all the way up to 120 secs to prevent post spamming (not that it helps during events like E3 ) but i don't think the steamsales require such measures.

Danj

I`m on PST and installing System Shock 2 and my computer is running at snails pace. Its at 80% fluctuating between 80 kb/s to 160 kb/s. Every single website is running slow.

My laptop is brand new so it has somewhat decent power but could it be I`ve installed to many games? The last three days: FEAR 2, FF7, Hard Reset, L4D2, LIMBO, Serious Sam 1 and 2, Starvoid, Titan Quest and World of Goo. Is it Steam running slow, my ISP or my laptop? Either way once System Shock 2 installs in a few minutes finally, I`m going to uninstall the games I`m not playing and save them for later.

Are you sure your ISP doesn't have a usage limit? If you've downloaded a shitload of games maybe you hit it and they throttled your connection.

Though it's been suggested you try to appease, entice, or outright seduce ModBot. The effectiveness of these tactics haven't been confirmed as of yet, but some believe quite strongly that they do indeed work.

Does he like ascii flowers? What is a suitable ModBot bribe/seduction purchase?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I feel like I'm cheating on our lord and savior Gabe Newell because I've been away from this thread playing LoZ: ALBW.

Hey guys, it's pretty damned sweet.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Trying to make a decision on if I want SRIV for $20, but I'm thinking no... not like it won't be on sale for cheaper at some point.

SO MANY GAMES.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

NeoGAF already has an automatic throttle. Posts on NeoGAF must be 30-60 seconds apart. It's the volume of posters that drives the speed of the thread. :)

drgambit

Banned
If I had something on steam, and it was worse than bad rats, could I still make it a giveaway? Could it be a bannable offence if I put actual junk out there for a giveaway?

Sajjaja

If I had something on steam, and it was worse than bad rats, could I still make it a giveaway? Could it be a bannable offence if I put actual junk out there for a giveaway?

You have an avatar of that girl that some people like in this thread so you got immunity.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

As long as you're giving away an actual product and are upfront about what it is ("Mystery Game" giveaways aside), you'll be fine.

Dusk Golem

Long as it's games and game redeemable stuff, it's all good. I will admit I have contemplated having an all Dinner's Date giveaway before and making a lot of small talk and pick-up line cringy jokes.

My next-gen platforms of choice for the foreseeable future.

Its difficult, at least currently, to argue in the favor of either a XB1 or PS4, but a 3DS is an easy choice.

Faulty program! Now we have to disagree.

I have a 3DS that is looking at a long long time without a game to play on it unless I decide I want to play Project X Zone. But that's for another thread. :p

Danielsan

Thanks to NingenJanai for Arkham Asylum!

I'm still contemplating getting Skyrim. I had it on 360 and sold it when I got a decent PC, but then never bought it back. Not sure if it's worth paying near double for the Legendary Edition either. I probably wouldn't even make it to the DLC content any time soon. Hell I'm not even sure I'd play the game right away.

Dusk Golem

Also, my quick impressions of Dinner Date: If you've ever wanted to play a bread-dipping simulator where you wiggle your fingers around like a madman while listening to a British guy whine about his terrible sex life for 20 minutes, well I have the game for you!

Xanathus

Here's my early impressions of Castlevania Lords of Shadow. The port-work of it is great, it's a good PC port which gives me hope that Revengeance will also be a good port. However the game itself is quite mediocre. Combat is dull and boring because they only send out a small number of enemies against you in each encounter at a time unlike God of War and the combat feels more like Ninja Gaiden where you're encouraged to focus on one enemy at a time, especially when they start throwing small groups of large enemies that cannot be hitstunned. The level design is very weird, they have multiple branching paths that lead to your objectives but that means it's very easy to miss a key item you need to pick up and reach the end of the level without it and then it forces you to backtrack for it. This is very annoying for a God of War style game. Finally the cutscenes are also dull and boring as they are timed poorly and just loooooove to slowly pan over their landscapes and the dialogue meanders and never gets to it's point quickly.

tl;dr it's worth playing at $5 but there's an issue of whether it's worth your time playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom