• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coreda

Slightly OT, but does anyone know how I can view my Steam Greenlight favorites? I clicked on the Collections>Your Favorites link and none are appearing anymore.

Yet if I go to a game like Shovel Knight it says it's in my favorites...

maneil99

The "tip jar" is a nice idea. On a personal note, the system rash has designed for himself is quite ingenious but since he periodically stops accepting PayPal and his profit margin increases the more expensive an item is I eventually began to look elsewhere. Still, for cheaper stuff he's handy to have around when my usual guy isn't online.

I get to do paypal 24/7 thats why I posted it, if not I wouldn't since paypal is the easiest

So its basically a full football Sim? Would that be accurate?

All unknown players and made up stats or real world info?

You know how people joke that the Civilization series is like an addiction? Football Manager is FAR worse (and this is speaking as a CivFanatic who doesn't much like football).

It has all the hypnotic "just-one-more-turn" appeal of a traditional turn-based strategy game combined with the attachment for individual players/characters you might find in an RPG or tactical squad game like XCOM (except your players in FM aren't brutally murdered on the pitch. Usually.
You need Blood Bowl for that
). And yes, with full real-world info updated several times during the year.

Sajjaja

Can someone link me that Welcome to PC Gaming gif where the two dudes from True Blood
(yes I know what show it is and I watch it. Nothing wrong with it...yes there is but don't judge me it's a guilty pleasure, I don't feel good about it.)
walk into a room and it's all hazey and shit.

You know how people joke how the Civilization series is like an addiction? Football Manager is FAR worse (and this is speaking as a CivFanatic who doesn't much like football).

It has all the hypnotic "just-one-more-turn" appeal of a traditional turn-based strategy game combined with the attachment for individual players/characters you might find in an RPG or tactical squad game like XCOM (except your players in FM aren't brutally murdered on the pitch. Usually.

if only they had more leagues and licences I would buy it, I really wanted to play the world cup with my country but I can't.

drgambit

Banned
I found something in my closet of junk that is so strange, It cannot be described...

***NOTE*** THIS IS NOT A GAME, HOWEVER YOU MIGHT GET A BADGE OR EMOTE (or you may get nothing...)

HINT: If you have applied for any BETA on steam you may not want to apply for this raffle...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Junk -- MB-2CDA707A0F85EC89

t1388134693z1.png

Kadin

You know how people joke that the Civilization series is like an addiction? Football Manager is FAR worse (and this is speaking as a CivFanatic who doesn't much like football).

Have to check it out more now.

In the newer versions you do as much or as little as you like. Love setting up tactics, but hate sorting out training routines and signing potential future stars? You can hire and assign all that to staff. Its a game that can take anywhere between 4 and 40 hours to finish just one season. So deep.

Plus, if you want to avoid a lot of the complexity, you can play Football Manager Classic game mode that strips a lot of it out. Great game.
To say I'm not intrigued would be a lie. Gonna go look for some video footage. Thanks for the info!

Trying to make a decision on if I want SRIV for $20, but I'm thinking no... not like it won't be on sale for cheaper at some point.

SO MANY GAMES.

The same thought crossed my mind, but I also figure it'll get cheaper soon enough, especially entering the new year. I'm holding out until it's around $10 personally.

Xanathus

So... what are the chances that Brothers gets a daily deal or flash sale on Steam? I'm tempted to buy it on Amazon now but I have Steam credit to use up. Alternatively does anyone have an idea of how long the Brothers deal on Amazon will stay up?

Alright guys, guess I'll announce it here, I assure this is not for my profit :

So 6 months ago I began trading here, me and a trader known as rash formed a team, he sold the games I did the distribution, I put on a 4% over fee on the majority of the games we sold to make some sort of $. This works great for us, we did over 4000$ in revenue ( Not idea what his margins are ), me making a modest 310$ ( Screw You Assassins Creed 4 )

Over the course of the period I noticed the reason 90% of users were buying from me was they were scared of traders and wanted security within comfortable means. They knew i was not the one in Russia yet felt better
having someone from here get them their games.

With this knowledge I am starting a new system, this is rash's price checking site

http://rash.zz.mu/

This is my paypal email : maneil99@live.ca
I am no longer making any profit, all I ask is to send 3-4 cents more to cover fees.

I am also introducing a tip jar none of this goes to ME or RASH. But rather YOU

Say you buy the walking dead season 2 for 16$ instead of 25, maybe you want to do a giveaway but can't, well by donating 1$ to the tip jar you can help be a part of that. Once enough money is in the tip jar I will purchase a game from Steam and give it away here on steam gaf. This way everyone can contribute to giveaways even if they can not afford to pay.
If you want a game email me the hyperlink ( Red text on the site, pm me and attach a note to the PP )

Again I am doing this as honestly as I can, I want to help not make money and I feel like this is a great idea, none of the risk yet still a discount. You can deal with rash yourself, I call him the grumpy russian just mention my name if you can

Let me know if this is a good idea or not and if this posts belongs here, i think its relevant

This is cool by me. Good lookin' out!
You'll probably see some PMs from me in the future. :)

So... what are the chances that Brothers gets a daily deal or flash sale on Steam? I'm tempted to buy it on Amazon now but I have Steam credit to use up. Alternatively does anyone have an idea of how long the Brothers deal on Amazon will stay up?

Over 90% since it's been in the community votes -- it should at least be a flash at some point. We have over a week left. :lol

maneil99

if its up for a community vote it will most likely go on sale on a flash/daily

guaranteed damage so far sale or no sale(i calculated)
Long Live The Queen
Bit Trip Fate
Bit Trip Runner 2
Savant
Dont Starve
Paranautical Activity
Volgar The Viking
A.R.E.S.
Bunny Must Die
Bit Trip Runner
Super House of Dead Ninjas
Ducktales Remastered
Risen
L4D2
DLC Quest
Risk of Rain
Sacred Citadel
Metro 2033
Dustforce
this is calculated without sales so obviously itll be more if these go on sale via daily/flash/community

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Amazon's discount is valid until January 3rd so you may as well wait it out.

Benedict

If you have PS3, Brothers will be free as part of Januarys PS+ offerings.

Acccent

Hi everyone! (thread two, yay!)

I hope you're all having stellar holidays and I wish you a wonderful Christmas - a bit late but still better than never :)

I wanted to come by to inform the 10 winners of the Papers Please giveaway that I managed to grab the 10 copies just a moment ago, all from my phone, with the browser exiting to the incompatible media player every other second to try to play the game's trailer...

Anyway: if any of you guys couldn't wait and bought it already, let me know via PM. The rest of you, make sure you've added mw on Steam. I'll be able to send the gifts tomorrow in the evening (and resume my normal steamgaf frequenting.)

xoxo see ya

Playing F.E.A.R. 2 in my three story condo without my roommates here.

NOPE NOPE NOPE

160.gif

I'll wait for daylight to hit tomorrow morning.

Have you played the original? I remember that one getting me genuinely frightened. The second less so, though I did get an eerie sense of foreboding near the middle of the game. The
school
was eerie.

It's one of the reasons why I love the original F.E.A.R. (and to a certain extent the sequel). Almost no in-your-face jump scares, just a whole lot of atmosphere and dread. The office complex in F.E.A.R. 1 had the hairs on the back of my neck standing up all the way through.

Deques

Hi everyone! (thread two, yay!)

I hope you're all having stellar holidays and I wish you a wonderful Christmas - a bit late but still better than never :)

I wanted to come by to inform the 10 winners of the Papers Please giveaway that I managed to grab the 10 copies just a moment ago, all from my phone, with the browser exiting to the incompatible media player every other second to try to play the game's trailer...

Anyway: if any of you guys couldn't wait and bought it already, let me know via PM. The rest of you, make sure you've added mw on Steam. I'll be able to send the gifts tomorrow in the evening (and resume my normal steamgaf frequenting.)

xoxo see ya

You don't have the Steam app?

maneil99

Have you played the original? I remember that one getting me genuinely frightened. The second less so, though I did get an eerie sense of foreboding near the middle of the game. The
school
was eerie.

It's one of the reasons why I love the original F.E.A.R. (and to a certain extent the sequel). Almost no in-your-face jump scares, just a whole lot of atmosphere and dread. The office complex in F.E.A.R. 1 had the hairs on the back of my neck standing up all the way through.

The part with alma in the APC and the pool, fuck that

Have to check it out more now.

To say I'm not intrigued would be a lie. Gonna go look for some video footage. Thanks for the info!

Also worth reading for some interesting background is this two-part interview about the game. The game even fucking simulates weather patterns:

RPS: Here are some slightly sillier questions, but they’re about the wider simulation and the integrity of the world. How do you work out things like the weather on match day? Do you have a database of regions and pull a seasonal figure from there?

Jacobson: We have weather patterns for every town and city in the world. So it’s based on longitude and latitude. Any place that has a football club, we have a specific weather pattern for that stadium. There are a bunch of patterns inside the game, which work seasonally, but we also look at altitude. So players in certain parts of Mexico, where the stadia are much higher, are affected by altitude much more, becoming tired during a game if they’re natural fitness is low.

All of that is taken into account. The weather patterns are being changed at the moment because that’s happening in the real world. They’ve been stagnant, in-game, for a few years, but with the changes in climate in certain places – later winters in the UK for instance – we have to mimic all of that stuff as well. It’s a huge system and it’s a side of the game that people will never see because we don’t allow it to be edited.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11/25/talk-of-the-terrace-football-manager-interview/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11/26/extra-time-football-manager-interview-part-2/

Acccent

Oh and btw Papers Please is the only thing I bought so far in the Sale. Take that, Steam! (I hope it won't go on daily sale on humble store making it even cheaper due to the currency conversion...)

if Brothers goes on sale my precious record will be ruined though

The part with alma in the APC and the pool, fuck that

The best thing about the pool scene is that it's completely missable. Players who don't head back out to the pool and don't turn around won't see her standing there.

I still remember this scene giving me the creeps in the demo and the original game.

windows phone lololol

I know the feels, bro. Actually getting your phone approved by Steamguard is a pain in the ass, and then you need to hope you stay logged in.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
school
was eerie.

Speaking of F.E.A.R., why are 1 and 2 so big on the game file install page? 17 and 15 GB, respectively? And 3 is only 4 GB?

The best thing about the pool scene is that it's completely missable. Players who don't head back out to the pool and don't turn around
won't see her standing there.

How I wish that had been read (haven't played all of it yet).

And the mobile site doesn't appear instead of the full site?
It certainly doesn't for me. I didn't even know there was a mobile site.

Speaking of F.E.A.R., why are 1 and 2 so big on the game file install page? 17 and 15 GB, respectively? And 3 is only 4 GB?
The bigger, the better.
I dunno.

How I wish that had been read (haven't played all of it yet).
The one I'm talking about is at the very start of the game. If you've played more than twenty minutes you should've passed it aleady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom