• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
How wonderful, Cook, Serve, Delicious! is getting even more attention now. It deserves all the success it gets.

Just logged onto Steam to check out the deals. Papers, Please at 50%? Yes, please. Hmmm....when does the deal end? Shit, it ends in 40 seconds. Just bought it, with 6 seconds left on the clock. I feel strangely pleased with myself.

VoidZero

Banned
Guacamelee is a good game until you get the power to change between worlds at will and have to combine it with jumps. It gets frustrating real quick.

Oh okay, that's good to know. I'll wait until it has 4 episodes at least then.

And ppl shit on Telltale for releasing an episode every 2 months.
It's a communication thing, right? If they say something is monthly then expectations have been set to that. Dunno why some companies don't follow the comic book method of banking a few issues before releasing the first to mitigate delays on the second half.

Xanathus

Wouldn't the coming year be 2014?

"Over the coming year"

That "over the coming year" line was there when the game was first listed on Steam store.
edit: oh wait I get what you mean, but over the coming year typically means throughout the rest of the year

Copons

Guacamelee is a good game until you get the power to change between worlds at will and have to combine it with jumps. It gets frustrating real quick.

It is more frustrating when you have to fight (and evade) enemies from every dimensions. Good lord.

I bought Guacamelee! for the Vita during the PSN sales, so no double dip for me. It's the sort of game that goes hand in hand with a handheld, if you forgive the awful pun.

I wish Steam had the SWAT series, or at least the fourth one. Bought SWAT 3 GOTY from GoG for $5, yet I'm wondering why Steam can't get SWAT 4, because it is non-existent in digital distribution. I could've sworn Steam had it at one point.

Someone really needs to convince me. Is it really that fun game?

I'm in the same boat. It looks fun, but I need something more to push me over the edge. Is PC the best venue for this game? I have no idea what other platforms its out for, but I'd like to get it on the one it feels most intuitive.

Have to say Valve is doing a stellar job with the flash votes this year. It used to be full of repeats games I've heard of. It feels like there's a better distinction between daily deals, flash sales and community votes all round.

Code:
           /(|
          (  :
         __\  \  _____
       (____)  `|
      (____)|   |
       (____).__|
        (___)__.|_____

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'm in the same boat. It looks fun, but I need something more to push me over the edge. Is PC the best venue for this game? I have no idea what other platforms its out for, but I'd like to get it on the one it feels most intuitive.

It's made by a GAF'er. That's reason enough to try it for 2.50, methinks.

Benedict

If I buy Skyrim Legendary Edition. Will it be several parts or just one download?
Have base-game and Hearthfire, but it's cheaper to buy legendary edition.
Would be nice if I can buy Leg. ed and get separate gifts for the parts I already have.

So browsing in the mobile site still gives you the desktop version of each game's store page?

Someone really needs to convince me. Is it really that fun game?

I tried to write some sort of review for cook serve delicious a while ago but I went off the rails. You can read it here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91637227&postcount=2210. You can also check out the giantbomb quicklook with the esteemed Mr. Ryan Davis(R.I.P). In my opinion it's totally worth it, it's a game you can play in quick spurts for a long ass time.

Have to say Valve is doing a stellar job with the flash votes this year. It used to be full of repeats games I've heard of. It feels like there's a better distinction between daily deals, flash sales and community votes all round.

I wouldn't go that far. The percentages on a lot of the deals have been lackluster. Look at the last round - you had an F2P game where starter packs were still more than any deal, another item (PM: DX) which never changed to a daily, and two others that at most had 50% discount.

There's been next to nothing in the flash deals that's been interesting aside from Skyrim, and even that's just matching the price from the autumn sale.

Lain

I won a copy from Chubigans in one of his giveaways, and I said that if I liked it enough, I'd buy a copy to give away myself, since the game was on my wishlist waiting for a good steam sale.
Well the game is great fun and it just went on a really good sale, so here:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-F61E85FBEF3B2C83 - Taken by mr_tc. 38 entrants total.

t1388053647z1.png

Seanspeed

Banned
I still do not even remotely understand the huge appeal of this game. Why would I want to drive a truck for hours on a highway? No one has been able to explain the game's appeal.
I think its a bit of a novelty thing. I found it fairly enjoyable for a small period of time, but even as a huge fan of driving, it gets boring pretty quickly. The trucks are extremely slow. I mean, pulling away from a stop is painful(once the initial thrill wears off). The environments get repetitive and the locations are ridiculously repetitive and lack any unique character. The challenge of parking goes away pretty quickly once you've got it down.

Basically, its long-term appeal comes down to how much you just want to just sit there and listen to the radio as you mindlessly cruise from place to place.

Deques

If I buy Skyrim Legendary Edition. Will it be several parts or just one download?
Have base-game and Hearthfire, but it's cheaper to buy legendary edition.
Would be nice if I can buy Leg. ed and get separate gifts for the parts I already have.

You wont get separate gifts for the items you already own.

I wouldn't go that far. The percentages on a lot of the deals have been lackluster. Look at the last round - you had an F2P game where starter packs were still more than any deal, another item (PM: DX) which never changed to a daily, and two others that at most had 50% discount.

There's been next to nothing in the flash deals that's been interesting aside from Skyrim, and even that's just matching the price from the autumn sale.
Sounds like your gripe is with the size of the discounts, rather than the selection of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom