• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favorite gifs from the summer sale

ifledFy4c8JBB.gif

Shao Khan got Fatality.
Dude with the blue hair got twisted..
That final dude i have seen him in something but since i can't remember he got fucked up..

backdrifter

Neo Member
So its basically a full football Sim? Would that be accurate?

All unknown players and made up stats or real world info?

Its incredibly deep, although you obviously don't actively play the matches themselves of course!

All the real players/stats are there, outside a few license based issues. But you can get around those easily and include packs for the real images/competition names. I'm fairly sure there's still the option to make everything completely random to make life a little more difficult too.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
The one I'm talking about is at the very start of the game. If you've played more than twenty minutes you should've passed it aleady.

Then I probably passed it. Though there was one scene that happened that I still don't understand.
I dropped off an edge into an area where Alma appeared with a ton of fire everywhere, and died a couple times before making it through, without figuring out how I made it past her alive.
Is that it? I played it like 5 years ago, so I'm really hazy on most details.

-MD-

So Ducktales on hard is genuinely hard.

It's pissing me off but it feels soooooooo gooooooood.

I'm playing games during the sale

backdrifter

Neo Member
Have to check it out more now.

To say I'm not intrigued would be a lie. Gonna go look for some video footage. Thanks for the info!

There's a 6 month in game demo available to try out beforehand too. And saves from that can be transferred to the full game. Well worth a shot and gives you access to pretty much everything for 6 in game months which can last hours!

Been playing the series ever since the early 90s - even briefly worked at the development studio - so its a subject I know a fair amount about!

aScaris

Was hoping for King Arthur's Gold to win because Guacamelee might become a daily deal anyways... Well, time to get cheap Guacamelee :D

Benedict

Lets try this now:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sword of the Stars Complete Collection -- MB-B74E84FEF7503EFC - Taken by Wookieomg
Doc Clock The Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-7A366274D7B723F4 - Taken by angular graphics
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-2473BD5250B37A37 - Taken by Ludicrous Speed
Tower Wars -- MB-6764DFC223585225 - Taken by Dingotech
Two Worlds 2 -- MB-815F789546B56F0E - Taken by Cyrano
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-92E817956ACD9E04 - Taken by bobnowhere
Zombie Pirates -- MB-F21A93EA445086FA - Taken by kudoboi
Plain Sight -- MB-5CA67EBAA3BCCA70 - Taken by Pranay_
Star Wolves 3 Civil War -- MB-9785287036DD6BAA - Taken by Jenks
The Showdown Effect -- MB-BF1AB02BFCA49FD4 - Taken by Coreda

Is Miner Dig Deep a copy of Spelunky? They look similar from screencaps.

Nope, it's one of those mining games where you dig further and further down, bringing resources up to the top, while having to mind your tools and other perils. I remember enjoying it at the time I played it.

I really want to buy the dayz game,
But to fork 30$ at my current situation is quite hard :(
I wonder if anybody knows that if it may goes on sale??

Guessing at it still being alpha the chances are quite slim though I reckon T_T

Was hoping to play it through christmas and new year this year since I'm alone this year haha

Then I probably passed it. Though there was one scene that happened that I still don't understand.
I dropped off an edge into an area where Alma appeared with a ton of fire everywhere, and died a couple times before making it through, without figuring out how I made it past her alive.
Is that it? I played it like 5 years ago, so I'm really hazy on most details.

I'm talking about the start of F.E.A.R. 2, looks like you're talking about the first here. As befitting a situation where you're surrounded by fire and creepy dead girls, you just run towards the end of the hallway.
The Point Man will jump through the window as the fire catches up to him.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'm afraid to get ducktales or mickey fantasy cocain castel or whatever because i'm afraid the jump physics and hitbox and or boxes used for your character model and ledges will feel "off" as it does in so many remakes. People need to stop trying to fuck with the basic "feeling" of the game if they want to upgrade the graphics.

-MD-

I really want to buy the dayz game,
But to fork 30$ at my current situation is quite hard :(
I wonder if anybody knows that if it may goes on sale??

Guessing at it still being alpha the chances are quite slim though I reckon T_T

Was hoping to play it through christmas and new year this year since I'm alone this year haha

I don't see it going on sale anytime soon, it's been #1 during the entire sale and it's full price so they have no reason to discount it.

In fact the devs already said it's gonna go up in price as they reach milestones.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Nope, it's one of those mining games where you dig further and further down, bringing resources up to the top, while having to mind your tools and other perils. I remember enjoying it at the time I played it.

yeah i've played miner dig deep, but haven't played spelunky

Lets try this now:

Thanks for the giveaway, but giving away Doc Clock is cruel for the unaware. That game is almost Bad Rats level of bad. It's a physics puzzle platformer with terrible physics. I had to play through a chunk off it for my Golden Potato, and it was a miserable experience as the game dragged on and on.

fozzy

I'm trying to play some Bioshock Infinite but Steam is giving me a warning about being another computer and my progress may not be saved because it's not synced with the cloud.

Should I not risk it? I don't wanna lose my progress.

I don't see it going on sale anytime soon, it's been #1 during the entire sale and it's full price so they have no reason to discount it.

In fact the devs already said it's gonna go up in price as they reach milestones.

urghhh no hope for me to buy it yet then T_T

Wok

I'm trying to play some Bioshock Infinite but Steam is giving me a warning about being another computer and my progress may not be saved because it's not synced with the cloud.

Should I not risk it? I don't wanna lose my progress.

Usually, the safe bet is to trust your local save.

It's really annoying Pac-Man's eaten up (ha ha) a Flash Sale slot for 8 hours, without actually going on further sale. If Namco blocked Valve from lowering it last-second, they should've yanked it from the slot; it doesn't deserve the extra advertising in that case.

It's really annoying Pac-Man's eaten up (ha ha) a Flash Sale slot for 8 hours, without actually going on further sale. If Namco blocked Valve from lowering it last-second, they should've yanked it from the slot; it doesn't deserve the extra advertising in that case.
Maybe Valve just liked the game that much...

Jenks

Banned

I played it a while back when it was a xbox indies title, enjoyable little mining game though unsure how long before you might get bored with it though.

Almost bought KR0 until I realized it's been a while since the 1st and 2nd act was released...what the hell.
Third act is inbound soon™. They broke radio silence over a week ago to say the following
Act III is getting close, and we're excited to share it with you. We've been avoiding announcing release dates in public, but at this point we're going down the checklist of remaining content and the end is in sight. We appreciate your patience & support, since we know this is taking some time and we know that in videogames at large there's often more clear communication about release dates (though of course delays are common). We're always putting in long hours on this project, and we hope we've demonstrated that you can trust the time goes to making the rest of the game really special.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
I'm talking about the start of F.E.A.R. 2, looks like you're talking about the first here. As befitting a situation where you're surrounded by fire and creepy dead girls, you just run towards the end of the hallway.
The Point Man will jump through the window as the fire catches up to him.

Okay, I never played 2. I'll keep my eye out for a pool.

Xanathus

Almost bought KR0 until I realized it's been a while since the 1st and 2nd act was released...what the hell.

On the Steam store page:
The game is split into five acts, of which the first is available now. Taken as a whole, the Kentucky Route Zero is roughly the length of a summer night. Act I is available now. Act I and II are available now. The remaining three acts will be released over the coming year.
They have less than a week to release 3 more acts :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom