• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoJer

Is Steam acting weird for anyone else?

I start Steam, I try to go to the store and it says I have to log in. I do, then it goes to my games, then I try to go back to the store, it says I have to log in again.

I've never ever had to log in once I got Steam started before.

Tame

today i think i might play some games.

all this Euro Truck talk is making me want to put in a couple of shifts to boost the coffers of Big Jobs Inc

also dip my toe a bit futher into warframe

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'd rather skip on Guacamelee and instead of for much better, satisfying games.

You know what those games are? Rogue Legacy and Valdis Story.

So what's the objective of Cook, serve, delicious? Become a 5 star restaurant? Can you train your cooks to do your job and you just have to buy ingredients?

Now explain why people like Papers, Please. I tried that the other day for an hour and I was just proof reading stuff.

I didn't get it.

As time goes on the criteria get more complex, time constraints get more stringent, the games throws curve balls at you to fuck with the simple patterns, trying to get you to bend the rules you have to play by. As time goes on you will run out of money. You will have to choose to do without. You are forced to choose between essentials. Family members will die. Catastrophes will occur and you will have brushes with responsibility for them. More than the gameplay, however, it is the oppressive, hopeless atmosphere of the world, and the moral quandary of being forced to do the wrong thing and deal with the consequences, both gameplay and story-wise.

Milamber

ohhh baby

Mmmm yeeaaah...

vHVxPrk.jpg

denx

Valdis is one of the games I'm most looking forward to to get discounted, but I don't expect anything higjer than an -33% discount for it sadly.

Also voted Interstellar Marines.

And King of Fighters is still on sale, so get on that.

Milamber

Valdis is one of the games I'm most looking forward to to get discounted, but I don't expect anything than an -33% discount for it sadly.

Can you train your Marines to fight for you?

Tame

thats a purdy Volvo you got there Milamber

I recently just switched from Iveco to a Volvo rig

i need to take more photos of big jobs :)

Coreda

If I buy from Steam with the Purchase as Gift option will that give me the keys that I can use for a ModBot post, or do I need to do it another way?

Copons

Globe prices at least rebound slightly after the 2am (PST) rush. Put it for the price it was selling at 4 hours ago and it'll sell in a few hours.

I'm just trying to put my card in first page and leave it at its own destiny, but fuck those people undercutting each other by 2-3c.

Zeknurn

I wish Steam had the SWAT series, or at least the fourth one. Bought SWAT 3 GOTY from GoG for $5, yet I'm wondering why Steam can't get SWAT 4, because it is non-existent in digital distribution. I could've sworn Steam had it at one point.

I'd buy both in a heartbeat if they showed up on Steam as it would ease my annual event of reinstall-and-play of both.

Someone should email the IP holder and ask them to put them on Greenlight. Especially SWAT4, since as you said it's not purchasable elsewhere.

Benedict

Valdis is one of the games I'm most looking forward to to get discounted, but I don't expect anything higjer than an -33% discount for it sadly.

Valdis is at 40% discount for me.

Xhorder

After waiting for hours last night I decided I needed sleep more than a discount on The King Of Fighters XIII. I'm glad they extended the sale. Bought it first thing this morning. Now I guess I need to play this thing to actually become better... ;-)

Tame

If I buy from Steam with the Purchase as Gift option will that give me the keys that I can use for a ModBot post, or do I need to do it another way?

would like to know too. Ive been just putting up spare keys ive had kicking about

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
would like to know too. Ive been just putting up spare keys ive had kicking about

Purchase the game as a gift and send it to your e-mail address, then copy/paste the gift redemption link in the e-mail to use as a "key" with ModBot (you can remove the ?redeemer=your@email.address portion).

Phinor

If Cook, Serve, Delicious! looks even mildly interesting, give it a shot especially at that price. I was never one to enjoy weird indie games with food(?) but for some reason* I had to have it and so far I've really enjoyed it. The gameplay + theme combination works nearly flawlessly, much like it does in some other games like Papers, Please.

* Giant Bomb quicklook ultimately convinced me: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-cook-serve-delicious/2300-6702/

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
All that talk of Jojo in the "Zelda confirmed in Smash" thread makes me want to have a Jojo game in Steam.

Coreda

Purchase the game as a gift and send it to your e-mail address, then copy/paste the gift redemption link in the e-mail to use as a "key" with ModBot (you can remove the ?redeemer=your@email.address portion).

Does each game have to be bought as a gift separately to get individual links?

Caerith

I've seen a lot of people say Valdis Story is good, but, looking at it, I don't see the appeal. Guacamelee's appeal is obvious (whether you like it or not), as is Rogue Legacy's. What makes Valdis Story special? What's the appeal?

Also I know this is the internet and there's a better than nonexistent chance my post will be construed as antagonistic, but that's actually a serious question: why is everyone so in love with Valdis?

Cade

Wish cook serve delicious had a 2/3/4 pack but otherwise may get 2 copies and gift one of them

Yup, that's what I did. Wasn't sure it was my cup of tea but I thought I'd give it a shot and support chubigans anyway. Looks fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom