• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Do you mean the publisher packs? Because all the Deus Ex games are 75% off, ditto for the original Euro Truck Sim, and the original Payday is 90% off.
For some weird reason, the Payday DLC is only 10% off. I wanted to buy it, but not at this price.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Is Killing Floor any good? I was intrigued by the beginning of the trailer, but the actual gameplay looks a little... clunky. The shooting isn't as tight as I would expect from what sounds like a L4D clone. On a slightly related note, is anyone else put off by the first-person view lately? Like Chivalry, Borderlands, Killing Floor, Shadow Warrior, and stuff with first-person melee. Seeing it makes me feel a little claustrophobic, like I'm being limited in action and movement whether or not I'm playing.

Starbound = Terraria... in space!
Terraria = 2D Minecraft

Thus:

Starbound = 2D Minecraft... in space!

Grossly oversimplified, but there you have it.

Terraria was pretty damn good, but Starbound makes Terraria look like its beta by comparison. Like Terraria was just an unfinished practice run before they put the most awesome stuff in. It's pretty much Terraria 2 in my mind no matter what the developers say.

I could really do with throwing some money at a bunch of point and click adventure games. Need to scratch that itch again. How was the first episode of the new Broken Sword game?

Caerith

Is Killing Floor any good? I was intrigued by the beginning of the trailer, but the actual gameplay looks a little... clunky. The shooting isn't as tight as I would expect from what sounds like a L4D clone. On a slightly related note, is anyone else put off by the first-person view lately? Like Chivalry, Borderlands, Killing Floor, Shadow Warrior, and stuff with first-person melee. Seeing it makes me feel a little claustrophobic, like I'm being limited in action and movement whether or not I'm playing.
You got it backwards. Killing Floor came first, and Left 4 Dead basically cloned it (and went in its own direction, but still).

VandalD

No air cancels? Well, at least now I have a better idea of what it is. Equipment is also like DMC, where you get set stuff and can upgrade it? I'm asking because the other 2D(-ish) game with awesome combat (including air cancels) is a loot game, and I don't always love random loot.
No air cancels, unless I was doing it wrong. The cancel/dash button makes you drop to the ground quickly while in the air. You can upgrade your weapon and armors with drops you get from enemies, but I never found more than one weapon, though there are quite a few weapon slots I had empty at the end of the game. You can unequip and fight bare-handed too.

Lain

No air cancels? Well, at least now I have a better idea of what it is. Equipment is also like DMC, where you get set stuff and can upgrade it? I'm asking because the other 2D(-ish) game with awesome combat (including air cancels) is a loot game, and I don't always love random loot.

There are some pieces of equipment that can be found around the levels and that you can upgrade using stuff dropped by the various enemies and taking it to the right NPC.

Also, let me link a boss battle fought by one dev, which I found and looked at when I was getting slaughtered by said boss. He makes the fight look so easy and yet so cool (I still got my ass handed to me for a while until I finally managed to beat it, and I was playing on normal):
Reina vs Jahzracht (Godslayer S Rank)

_hekk05

Banned
Well Its time to pass on the christmas spirit. First comes first serve.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guacamelee -- MB-A5CABCC631D8B592 - Taken by Wasp

redfirm

Banned
Guys, anybody who owns this game, I need to know if its worth getting it or not ?

K2lhW.jpg

Freezard

Killing Floor is awesome. It's more about camping and surviving though than running around to objectives like L4D is. There's a new objective mode though. The shooting is actually the best part! The weapon handling and realism has been praised as one of the best in any FPS game, feels way more satisfying killing enemies in KF than in L4D2, especially headshots.

I actually prefer melee in FPS games, I hate to melee in third person mode, never gives me a good feeling of what I'm hitting or how I'm slicing.

_hekk05

Banned
Ok something's wrong guys. I bought guacamelee for myself and gift to Gaf, and its already claimed and everything, but there's still a gift copy of guacamelee sitting in my inventory.

Checked history and I've only purchased 2 copies, 1 for myself and 1 gift. What now?

redfirm

Banned
Ok something's wrong guys. I bought guacamelee for myself and gift to Gaf, and its already claimed and everything, but there's still a gift copy of guacamelee sitting in my inventory.

Checked history and I've only purchased 2 copies, 1 for myself and 1 gift. What now?

I would like a copy if thats oke with you :)

but tbh, i have no idea. maybe it didnt get claimed or something correctly?

BBboy20

*looks at the other advises* Just get it. It's one of the best co-op games you'll ever play.

Peachpies

it could be steam being slow or they might not have claimed it on steam yet, i had some things stuck in the inventory but they went away after i refreshed a few times

Nice to see Steam community votes went for Guacamelee. So I picked that up along with Cook Serve and State of Decay + dlc.

I was going to buy it since it looks super interesting, but the description states that it is a VERY early build (0.38) so I'll wait until it's further developed.

In the same boat, looks interesting but the early access flag is keeping me away from it.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
As much as I like Terraria Starbound has better art.

With that said I'm still waiting for Phase 1 to finish before I buy it.

I went and relooked up some videos. Oh god you're actually right. I need to make a game fucking pronto. Seems like anybody can do this shit.

_hekk05

Banned
I would like a copy if thats oke with you :)

Sure I guess, but what I'm not sure of is if that's the copy I've already gifted. Is it just Steam accidentally giving me a free copy (HOORAY)?

Can anyone confirm if there still is a gift in your inventory, even after you've gifted it away using email and everything?

random

Thank you Dimitri2401 for Awesomenauts!

I've been curious about this game for a while.
Lets see if I can get into this MOBA thing if it is packaged in 2D ,and can be played with a controller.

Since I do not know any of the community games, I croudsourced the vote to GAF, and picked Interstellar Marines.

Now off to sell enough cards to buy Cook, Serve, Delicious!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

It could be that the person who won it hasn't redeemed it on their account yet.

Coreda

Quote for new page. some keys are still available.

Thx for Showdown Effect!

Bought a few more for myself, but when I've trying to purchase some others as a gift Steam is now continually throwing me this error "An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed. Please contact Steam Support."

Seems like many others have encountered this error with no luck on getting it resolved. Sigh. Steam y u no work.

masterkajo

Sure I guess, but what I'm not sure of is if that's the copy I've already gifted. Is it just Steam accidentally giving me a free copy (HOORAY)?

Can anyone confirm if there still is a gift in your inventory, even after you've gifted it away using email and everything?

If someone wins your copy with ModBot but hasn't claimed the gift link in steam yet it is still sitting in your inventory until he does, even after email gift it is sitting there until redeemed.

redfirm

Banned

I never had this issue tbh, and i already gave away all my gifts on neogaf, so I cant help here, sorry man :(

Dingotech

I think it usually has a description down the bottom right indicating that it's a gift pending to whomever you sent it to? And it's waiting for them to redeem it?

Guacamelee is the GOTY
Guacamelee is the GOTY
Guacamelee is the GOTY
Guacamelee is the GOTY
Guacamelee is the GOTY
Guacamelee is the GOTY
Guacamelee is the GOTY
Guacamelee is the GOTY
Guacamelee is the GOTY
Guacamelee is the GOTY
Guacamelee is the GOTY

_hekk05

Banned
It could be that the person who won it hasn't redeemed it on their account yet.

If someone wins your copy with ModBot but hasn't claimed the gift link in steam yet it is still sitting in your inventory until he does, even after email gift it is sitting there until redeemed.

I never had this issue tbh, and i already gave away all my gifts on neogaf, so I cant help here, sorry man :(

I think it usually has a description down the bottom right indicating that it's a gift pending to whomever you sent it to? And it's waiting for them to redeem it?

Well I'm not gonna touch it I guess. Will PM the guy who won it off me.

Anyone aware of any place thats selling War in The North cheaper than the 50% off at the moment?

Need to get a third copy for a friend so we can co-op it all together.

Arthea

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Bard's Tale -- MB-6AC6CC14036BC1C2 - Taken by zerokoolpsx

forgot to add rules and everything, may be its for the best!

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Well I'm not gonna touch it I guess. Will PM the guy who won it off me.
Just give it some time. A few hours at least. It could be that Wasp is on their phone or at work so they can't open the client to accept the gift yet.

Copons

Holy shit Cook Serve Delicious.

Dat "FTL / dog who doesn't know what he's doing" vibes!

Also, I shamelessly tried to get it for free on the countless Chubigan's giveaways, but then I said fuck it, it's super cheap, gonna buy it. And I regret nothing, the game seems really good!

Enco

I was thinking about which of the 2013 games are my favorite and I had to look at a list of releases to see what I recognised. Came to the conclusion that I have played very few good games that were out in 2013. Played lots of older games though. The wonders of cheap old games on steam/Humble/GOG/GMG...

1. Dota 2
2. The Last of Us (my only non PC game)
3. Bioshock Infinite
4. Papers, Please

Spelunky, Starbound and DayZ are also pretty awesome but haven't spent much time with them.

Arthea

I was thinking about which of the 2013 games are my favorite and I had to look at a list of releases to see what I recognised. Came to the conclusion that I have played very few good games that were out in 2013. Played lots of older games though. The wonders of cheap old games on steam/Humble/GOG/GMG...

1. Dota 2
2. The Last of Us
3. Bioshock Infinite
4. Papers, Please

Spelunky, Starbound and DayZ are also pretty awesome but haven't spent much time with them.
There is no Sonic transformed in your list, clearly you haven't played it, play! (><)

Thanks Arthea! :)

you welcome, enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom