• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Can someone tell me how taxing KOFXIII is to run on PC.

4gb of Ram
i3
Intel integrated HD 3000

I ask know because those 5gb will take forever to download and I don't want to go through the effort to result in something unplayable. Looking at the SPECS I should run it. But then again I could run dark souls as well but in game it was 15 fps and or less.

rrs

Can someone tell me how taxing KOFXIII is to run on PC.

4gb of Ram
i3
Intel integrated HD 3000

I ask know because those 5gb will take forever to download and I don't want to go through the effort to result in something unplayable. Looking at the SPECS I should run it. But then again I could run dark souls as well but in game it was 15 fps and or less.

Should be fine to run, it was made for a way out of date CPU/GPU

Phinor

Word of warning regarding Trials Evolution Gold. I bought the game some months ago and played it for a while. The performance issues are mostly fixed but other technical issues remain. Today I decided to go back and once again my save files are gone, for the third time. There are workarounds on the support forums but none of them help in most cases because the folders where your old saves are supposed to be don't even exist for some people. I have turned cloud saves off but that wouldn't have helped anyway based on my previous save file loss because Uplay would simply write new empty save files when I boot the game and then upload those into the cloud replacing the old actual save files.

Man, even the official support recommends turning cloud saving off. Ubisoft and clouds don't really seem to work together.

edit: Adding insult to the injury, the game remembers my previous times so I'm racing against my own ghost. The game just didn't bother to save anything else. Also for whatever reason performance issues are back, my GTX770 is badly struggling even with the early levels and it took close to a minute to save my results/times. This game is still a mess, damn. Great game completely crippled with issues.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Also, about 11 and a half hours left on my HappyHorror Holiday giveaway going on. Just for all you beautiful gaming peoplle.

ModBot said:
[Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Alone in the Dark 5 -- MB-CC4DB3157AC557A1

header_292x136.jpg

Resident Evil Revelations -- MB-556C291ACA777296

header_292x136.jpg

Resident Evil 6 -- MB-9F32FE086DB0B43D

header_292x136.jpg

Slender The Arrival -- MB-E0478057FA525AA5

header_292x136.jpg

Cold Fear -- MB-1F8A969EAC205B5A

header_292x136.jpg

Contagion -- MB-1195067D8E9A2FB5

header_292x136.jpg

Outlast -- MB-28CDCF6834924FC2

header_292x136.jpg

Montagues Mount -- MB-090423D435F6E880

header_292x136.jpg

Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army -- MB-6FA4BC5E3F1B0FF4

header_292x136.jpg

Dementium II HD -- MB-D0F3FF3C2883523E

header_292x136.jpg

Shattered Haven -- MB-51B8ED8E2DF82CC0

header_292x136.jpg

Deadly Premonition Directors Cut -- MB-68971ADCE5C11FD2

header_292x136.jpg

Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth -- MB-D3D6E358BB218E0F

header_292x136.jpg

Clive Barkers Jericho -- MB-2C85966ABB6A8A13

header_292x136.jpg

How to Survive -- MB-BCBC402424139868

header_292x136.jpg

King of Fighters XIII -- MB-DAE38D2801DC4A1D

header_292x136.jpg

Long Live the Queen -- MB-F31EC9CD9E652DE7

header_292x136.jpg

Alone in the Dark New Nightmare -- MB-BD6C635442DDABA1

header_292x136.jpg

Blood of the Werewolf -- MB-5C0876AD8D0D6897

header_292x136.jpg

Teleglitch Die More Edition -- MB-A47A57C40EF55A16

header_292x136.jpg

Anna Extended Edition -- MB-3125E13C7A8D8C64

t1388110392z1.png

You should get it because you have always wanted to be a truck driver. Back as a kid, your dream was to drive for hours on end through serene landscapes while listening to the radio and pondering about the vicissitudes of your existence, as you struggle to kickstart your very own truck company.

I have no clue man, I only played the demo and cursed at the screen because I can't reverse park a truck for shit. Then I went and slammed oncoming traffic.

I would jump on Euro Truck Sim, but my driving in GTAV tells me I would be the world's worst truck driver......gah..now curiosity is getting the better of me.

I did buy Cook, Serve, Delicious though! Looked pretty awesome.

Copons

I cant wait for you tell us about your adventures in CSD like you did with ETS2.

That's a great idea, but when I play it, I'm usually too busy remembering to sanitize my hands after using the toilet, so I guess my stories probably wouldn't be all that entertaining. :D

Also, when I cook IRL, I never clean my hands, as it gives food lots more tastiness! :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Magic 2012's expansion isn't on sale while 2013 and 2014's are. WTF, Wizards? :/

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Super Hexagon is fun and I don't think it's as hard as the opinions I've read made me believe but I still haven't beat the first level. :p
It's a matter of learning the patterns and how to navigate them, without having to stop and think about it. You need to develop muscle memory, since you can't rely on fast reflexes to get you far in this game.

Once the game clicks, you won't be able to put it down. And you won't stop until you have beaten Hyper Hexagonest. Such an amazing game. So simple and yet so addictive.

AsylumX

Is the community feature broken for anyone else? I voted for guacamelee during the "L4D2 attack on steam" situation, but now when I voted and it was supposed to give me a new card, nothing happened.

rrs

Reposting KoF XIII giveaway, one is the game and one is Bad Rats.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

It's your old pal, Bad Rats -- MB-6E3960879FE54A4D
A Bad Rat for a good child -- MB-1B457048C07D2DF9

t1388125962z1.png

That's a great idea, but when I play it, I'm usually too busy remembering to sanitize my hands after using the toilet, so I guess my stories probably wouldn't be all that entertaining. :D

Also, when I cook IRL, I never clean my hands, as it gives food lots more tastiness! :D

lol

redfirm

Banned
CONTEST!!!!

Alright guys. I am gonne give away a mystery game to the person who comes up with the funniest/awesome Game Related Joke.
I will choose from the first 50 posts

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
It's a matter of learning the patterns and how to navigate them, without having to stop and think about it. You need to develop muscle memory, since you can't rely on fast reflexes to get you far in this game.

Once the game clicks, you won't be able to put it down. And you won't stop until you have beaten Hyper Hexagonest. Such an amazing game. So simple and yet so addictive.

When the game "clicks" it becomes somewhat easy, that's my only complain yet it takes a while to get there.

Pakkidis

Here are some keys for everyone. Happy Holidays.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pakkidis:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Doc Clock Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-CBF582EDBD3587E1 - Taken by Kagemusha
Plain Sight -- MB-79A48BF5716BC763 - Taken by D3RANG3D. 3 entrants total.
And Yet It Moves -- MB-DE075C5F600BF4D4 - Taken by NotSelf. 2 entrants total.
Snuggle Truck -- MB-F0F3B5A36FA1BA2B - Taken by itschris. 2 entrants total.

t1388077229z1.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Alway's liked this one, so here. Just for the heck of it:
18.png

I love how he's holding a plate with a bite taken out of it and in intact slice of cake in the last panel.

AsylumX

CONTEST!!!!

Alright guys. I am gonne give away a mystery game to the person who comes up with the funniest/awesome Game Related Joke.
I will choose from the first 50 posts

Two options, same concept...

Option 1:
redhulk.jpg

Option 2:
RedHulkAvatar-1.jpg

I'm selling you an idea, not a picture...
KODAK

JonCha

Word of warning regarding Trials Evolution Gold. I bought the game some months ago and played it for a while. The performance issues are mostly fixed but other technical issues remain. Today I decided to go back and once again my save files are gone, for the third time. There are workarounds on the support forums but none of them help in most cases because the folders where your old saves are supposed to be don't even exist for some people. I have turned cloud saves off but that wouldn't have helped anyway based on my previous save file loss because Uplay would simply write new empty save files when I boot the game and then upload those into the cloud replacing the old actual save files.

Man, even the official support recommends turning cloud saving off. Ubisoft and clouds don't really seem to work together.

edit: Adding insult to the injury, the game remembers my previous times so I'm racing against my own ghost. The game just didn't bother to save anything else. Also for whatever reason performance issues are back, my GTX770 is badly struggling even with the early levels and it took close to a minute to save my results/times. This game is still a mess, damn. Great game completely crippled with issues.

Geez, was about to buy this but sounds not good as the game can't save.

Really want to play it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom