• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I don't know why, I suddenly got a GTA4 itch.
Now before downloading 15GBs, is there a way to completely avoid installing GFWL?

I was thinking about renaming the GFWL folder in GTA4's main folder and using the xliveless dll before lauching the game for the first time to trick Steam into not installing GFWL.

Could it work?

Copons

Didn't Chubigans say that Cook Serve Delicious wouldn't be featured and the Halloween sale price was the price it was going to be for the entire duration of the sale?

I was totally going to buy it for 50% off, but I guess it's a Flash Deal!

I remember something like that, but then maybe between Autumn and Winter he got contected to negotiate a better deal?

Anyway, I managed to get through 3 or 4 days of CSD and I'm definitely digging the "Papers Please + Typing of the Dead" mix.
It's a shame that the title or the presentation could betray a casual/mobile vibe that is probably fending off lots of possible buyers.

I just have a single complaint: I just want to serve fried chicken. I mean, if I had a restaurant in real life, I'd only serve fried chicken. But here, I'm forced to serve other stuff too.
Chubigans, please, could you give me a custom build of the game where I can only cook and serve a delicious fried chicken? Thank you, lots of love.

Do I literally have to completely download and install L4D2 to "own" it? It looks like it is already in my library now that I pressed the "Install" button...

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Do I literally have to completely download and install L4D2 to "own" it? It looks like it is already in my library now that I pressed the "Install" button...
That's enough. It's linked to your account, like a purchase. :)

Giard

Got Guacamelee! and Cook, Serve, Delicious. Having lots of fun with the latter, although 20 days to get to level 2 seems a little long.

Also, great giveaways guys. I don't think I post here often enough to participate.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Does anyone have a preference for a game to vote for? Im not drawn to anybof em so im glad to help someone else in their vote

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Speaking of Cook, Serve, Delicious!, I was watching TV a few days ago and saw some commercial for one of those stupid eBay knockoff sites and it was using one of the songs from CSD. I assume it was probably some public domain song, but I still got a kick out of it.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Thanks everyone for all the support! :D Glad y'all are enjoying the game!

That was posted 6 days ago though. What we want to see are the sales after the flash sale is over.

I will be posting a very detailed article on sales in January that'll break down everything. I'll be sure to post it in the Steam thread when it's up!

Speaking of Cook, Serve, Delicious!, I was watching TV a few days ago and saw some commercial for one of those stupid eBay knockoff sites and it was using one of the songs from CSD. I assume it was probably some public domain song, but I still got a kick out of it.

Hah yeah, the music was for CSD but since I couldn't afford the exclusive rights to the music, it was posted onto royalty free music sites a few months after release. I'm definitely going to buy exclusive rights for my next game. :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
morning guys

tyvm to wooandindeedhoo for state of decay, woo hoo indeed

edit: and Asthethicgamer for Cold Fear o/

Vlodril

Are the servers till problematic speed wise or its me? i am trying to d/l the enemy within which i got from gmg (good price) and i can't get a decent speed for an hour now. I tried pausing and resuming too.

Giard

Are the servers till problematic speed wise or its me? i am trying to d/l the enemy within which i got from gmg (good price) and i can't get a decent speed for an hour now. I tried pausing and resuming too.

Maybe you could change the server that you're downloading from, I tried that once and it helped.

With Euro Truck Simulator 2 75% off, and with me having put over 50 hours of playtime since I got it during the Autumn Sale, I went and bought the two paint packs.

maty

Damn it Steam. Two times now, I voted. A message comes up saying there was an error. But then the vote goes through, and I don't get cards

Fucking steam, I was trading with wilflare and we got an error at the end of the trade.

Now my card seems to be lost in limbo since it's not in my inventory :/

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Isn't that what they always vote for.

If there's not a particular game I'm interested in and Gaf doesn't care strongly for any, I usually vote for deepest discount regardless of price.

I feel like it's worth Steam having data that tells developers "Hey guys, when you have price cuts more than 75% the users EAT DAT SHIT UP."

Sullichin

Thanks everyone for all the support! :D Glad y'all are enjoying the game!

I will be posting a very detailed article on sales in January that'll break down everything. I'll be sure to post it in the Steam thread when it's up!

Hah yeah, the music was for CSD but since I couldn't afford the exclusive rights to the music, it was posted onto royalty free music sites a few months after release. I'm definitely going to buy exclusive rights for my next game. :p

Bought because of this post. The game looks cool, and unlike anything I have in my Steam library, but I didn't know a gaffer made it!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
My Steam Sales Stats tracker thingy, which updates hourly, has stopped cold since it's been on the Flash Sale.

*sweats profusely*

Bought because of this post. The game looks cool, and unlike anything I have in my Steam library, but I didn't know a gaffer made it!

Thanks!

Arthea

Isn't that what they always vote for.

It seems that voting habits varies from cheapest to the one everybody has. It's like community is voting for games they know and played, multiple times desirably, of course if games are unknown, they vote for cheapest.

edited: beaten many times over.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is there a way for me to find a post I made? I wanna see who won Deux Ex HR from my giveaway yesterday because its still sitting in my inventory o_O

r3n4ud

Hope these all work :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-AE7BAAD6F1963B30 - Taken by El Idiota. 1 entrants total.
Ticket to Ride 1910 USA dlc -- MB-83C1E3432C3E9115 - Taken by BigAT. 1 entrants total.
Ticket to Ride -- MB-2334DBAB3D35FF97 - Taken by 73V3N. 1 entrants total.
Zombie Shooter -- MB-3ED00861CF1A9B5F - Taken by Jawmuncher. 1 entrants total.
Brutal Legend -- MB-DE0EAB92C016EECC - Taken by akskiller. 1 entrants total.
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-DF8237AA4A3C82ED - Taken by sapsari. 1 entrants total.
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-187442FB52C1CBC9 - Taken by wilflare. 1 entrants total.
FTL -- MB-60C2344CB1D24B0E - Taken by Leg-End. 2 entrants total.
Beep -- MB-5C83849D375058CB - Taken by Kerub. 3 entrants total.
MacGuffin's Curse -- MB-4A803CA7D647321B - Taken by C00kie M0nster. 1 entrants total.
Garshasp Temple of the Dragon -- MB-DF374658A10A1580 - Taken by arts&crafts. 1 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-880388C574D2F8A1 - Taken by flaxknuckles. 2 entrants total.
Eets Munchies -- MB-E61D51AF2AA2E063 - Taken by Loptous
ittle Dew -- MB-B00128A3C1568A13 - Taken by Santiako. 1 entrants total.
Alien Hallway -- MB-49C3BF9BBEE3A0BB - Taken by liezryou. 1 entrants total.
Garshasp the Monster Slayer -- MB-4CD0BFE860295406 - Taken by mr_tc. 1 entrants total.
Anodyne -- MB-C8D5303E02E4B2A6 - Taken by NotSelf. 1 entrants total.
Mafia 2 -- MB-DAF65B828CD440C0 - Taken by runnin_blue. 1 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-8D769BD77A3D61CA - Taken by theRizzle. 1 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-76A9C2AFC592BA3A - Taken by _hekk05. 1 entrants total.

t1387984750z1.png

Ifrit

Some small graphical improvements including the removal of the piss filter. DLC added including the Tong mission if you dont have that already, New Game + added as well as integration of The Missing Link into the main story line. Without Directors Cut The Missing Link is a separate entry in your Steam library and has to be launched separately when you come to the point in the story when it occurs chronologically.

This honestly kind of ticks me off. The main reason for me not playing Deus Ex: HR yet is that I don't have The Missing Link. Which I meant to get on sale at some point. But now all the DLC has become unavailable and I'm sure as hell paying 5 bucks for the directors cut.

Thanks, that sounds ok, but not sure if it's worth the additional $5 to double dip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom