• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurrry

So there are always a few games that you let slip away during the sale because your cautious about buying it. But then, you realize that once the sale is over, you should have bought it.

My question to you guys is, what has been that game that has gotten away from you this year?

Mine right now is Dishonored. I think I might actually buy it if it pops up on sale again. Even though I have plenty of games to play, It should still be a worthy investment.

Turfster

3089 keys have been added to the Indieroyale Sigma bundle. Key adds a sub, but since the game isn't out yet, you won't see it in your library at the moment. Don't panic.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
3089 keys have been added to the Indieroyale Sigma bundle. Key adds a sub, but since the game isn't out yet, you won't see it in your library at the moment. Don't panic.

thanks for the heads up

edit: wait, this was added a while ago I think? says I already own it and I didnt have it from any other bundle o_O

The_Monk

With such a cold day in here Skyrim is indeed a nice fit. Feels good. I also find it funny how time can fly while playing this.

phaonaut

So there are always a few games that you let slip away during the sale because your cautious about buying it. But then, you realize that once the sale is over, you should have bought it.

My question to you guys is, what has been that game that has gotten away from you this year?

Mine right now is Dishonored. I think I might actually buy it if it pops up on sale again. Even though I have plenty of games to play, It should still be a worthy investment.

I missed out on Rocksmith 2014 for $28 from gamefly, steam's discount is not even close.

rtcn63

It's snowing where I am. Well, briefly fore like half an hour. Makes me wish I had some half and half for coffee, can't drink it black. Won't, unless it's fresh.

Danj

OK let's try this Modbot thingamajig.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-A4188DF079C1E953 - Taken by marrec

Enjoy!

So much stuff that I really want to buy:

* The Swapper
* Eurotruck Sim 2
* Volgarr

The second is about to go down, meanwhile I'll keep playing ALBTW :)

chunk3rvd

I added £4 to my steam wallet the other day so I could purchase stuff on the Marketplace but they've frozen my account there for 7 days as it's the first time I've added funds that way

If I buy Guacamelee in this flash sale will it instantly take the cost from the £4 in my wallet or will I get the option to pay for the game via Paypal?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I played it a long time ago on PS2, don't own it now. It was fun, and I think I made it to the docks. Not the the greatest platformer in the world, but it was competent and had personality.
That's...10 or 50% into the game. The best had yet to come. You haven't even experienced The Milkman or Waterloo yet!

Seeing as there's more then one gaffer's who doesnt own it, i'll make it a modbot instead of just a PM.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Psychonauts -- MB-4240310088CA1E2E - Taken by Kadin. 8 entrants total.

t1388077994z1.png

It's so dirtcheap on Amazon, I had to give this gem away.
If I wasn't so incredibly tired, I probably would have written an enormous loveletter for this game. But alas.

Anyhoo, enjoy!

EDIT: Thanks for The Bard's Tale, ZeroCoin! :D
I own it, but haven't played it yet. It's on the list, I swear.
But it on top of the list. You won't regret it. ^^

Ifrit

Ah I forgot the improved boss fights. I havent replayed the game since I bought TDC so I cant speak on the quality of the boss fights now but I've heard they are quite a bit better.

Yeah I heard that too, in fact I think that's the main selling point.

dream

I added £4 to my steam wallet the other day so I could purchase stuff on the Marketplace but they've frozen my account there for 7 days as it's the first time I've added funds that way

If I buy Guacamelee in this flash sale will it instantly take the cost from the £4 in my wallet or will I get the option to pay for the game via Paypal?

Steam defaults to using whatever funds in your wallet, but if you change your payment method at checkout, it will bypass your wallet and use whatever method you want to pay with.

You get the option to choose the payment method.

Gurrry

What is the gaf opinion on Guacamelee? I never really gave it a chance when it first game out. Seemed like a boring beat em up. But the description says metroidvania.. which I love.

What is the game like?

rtcn63

That's...10 or 50% into the game. The best had yet to come. You haven't even experienced The Milkman or Waterloo yet!

Seeing as there's more then one gaffer's who doesnt own it, i'll make it a modbot instead of just a PM.

Alright then, I'm in for a shot.

Peachpies

when you are on the checkout screen it will show how much is being taken from the steam wallet and how much is being paid by credit/paypal and you can change it there

joe2187

Banned
What is the gaf opinion on Guacamelee? I never really gave it a chance when it first game out. Seemed like a boring beat em up. But the description says metroidvania.. which I love.

What is the game like?

its the most metroidvania with a very fluid combat system.

It's great.

tmarques

I kind of wanted Dishonored too, but as I see it, I won't play it until the next sale, when it will be cheaper.

Sullichin

What is the game like?

It's great. For a Metroidvania it's fairly linear. Well, maybe linear isn't the right word. But think more Metroid Fusion than Super Metroid design. There is a bigger focus on platforming which is the best part of the game. All of the special moves you learn are used in typical "now I can break this color block" type of progression, but are also used in combat as well as the platforming. Combat is a lot of fun. The game gets pretty difficult.

Mine is State of Decay. I know it's only 10 bucks and I want it so bad, but I'm flat broke. Oh well, there's always the backlog. I'm sure I'll get it at some point in the future.

ModBot 3 said:
Instructions for INDIGO_CYCLOPS:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Retro City Rampage -- MB-59AE156A7F9ED415 - Taken by Kerub
Enjoy!

Gurrry

It's great. For a Metroidvania it's fairly linear. Well, maybe linear isn't the right word. But think more Metroid Fusion than Super Metroid design. There is a bigger focus on platforming which is the best part of the game. All of the special moves you learn are used in typical "now I can break this color block" type of progression, but are also used in combat as well as the platforming. Combat is a lot of fun. The game gets pretty difficult.

You fuckers arent making this easy. Im now sitting on the purchase page. Damn you steam!

Those who got Super Hexagon, play without v-sync. Put up with the tearing it improves your performance.

I also had many good runs without the soundtrack.

Gurrry

OH if anyone is wondering about Cook Serve Delish, buy it. Its fucking awesome.

I bought it for 10 bucks and I find that my purchase was worthy. Its absolutely worth 2.49

Ptaaty

What is the game like?

GAF loves it. Metroidvania lite. I really got into it, played it about 8 hours within the first day...so very much worth the sale price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom