• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

So today's haul was strategy haul. Europa Universalis IV + DLC and Endless Space Gold. I would have tried Football Manager as some people say it's highly addictive, but it's to pricey for my poor self.
No idea how I will be able to last the sale :-S

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I like the image with the guy with the beard
This guy looks like a creeper. Like he's going to do more than just eat that soup.

header_292x136.jpg
1399416-bueno.jpg

If I'm already 4-5 hours into XCOM: Enemy Unknown, how does Enemy Within factor into the campaign? Would I have to start a new game to see any of the expansion stuff?

Also, is it better to just beat vanilla EU first before seeing any of the EW content?

I can't answer the first question as I do not have EW yet but the second question was asked by someone else recently and the advice they were given was to finish EU without the EW content. Hope that helps :). If you're enjoying it anything like I have you will be having a blast :D.

Just ended an FTL session. Managed to get to the Rebel Mothership and beat it with one HP left, all happy and dandy. Then I jump to a repair location and it turns out I've only damaged the mothership so naturally, it wiped the galactic floor with me.

This game can break a man's soul.

Welcome to FTL :D.

Just to put things into perspective for you, the devs designed the game so that the player would only successfully finish the game about 20% of the time. It's very much an enjoy the journey game rather than a 'beat' it and move on to the next game in the backlog game. So I hope you're able to enjoy it from that perspective. Having said that however, the moment when one successfully finishes off that melon farmer final boss after multiple failed attempts is one of the best feelings I have ever had from playing a game.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I win Guacamelee before it goes down from that price. Put it up there gaf!!!!
LLShC.gif

EDIT: WTF steam went offline now o_O

Welcome to FTL :D.

Just to put things into perspective for you, the devs designed the game so that the player would only successfully finish the game about 20% of the time. It's very much an enjoy the journey game rather than a 'beat' it and move on to the next game in the backlog game. So I hope you're able to enjoy it from that perspective. Having said that however, the moment when one successfully finishes off that melon farmer final boss after multiple failed attempts is one of the best feelings I have ever had from playing a game.

Oh, absolutely. :D I've played for 5 hours straight today, gotta take a break. I guess figuring out the outcomes of random missions and unlocking new ships will be some of the goals I'll be setting myself along the way.

Loving it so far.

An-Det

Looks like Tower Wars won. I think that's the first time a game I voted for has won. Shame about the network issues though, I imagine it's a bunch of people getting Left 4 Dead 2 at the last minute.

Kaleinc

Banned
Steam is down again, sigh.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Vegas Make It Big -- MB-D6B16833C227E19B - Taken by tmarques

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh god CSD is hard during rush hours

Are you eventually able to hire help? Doing chores is annoying.

Do you have to completely download L4D2 for it to remain free, or is starting the download sufficient? My brother just started his download so he'll probably won't get it within the next half hour.

Oh, absolutely. :D I've played for 5 hours straight today, gotta take a break. I guess figuring out the outcomes of random missions and unlocking new ships will be some of the goals I'll be setting myself along the way.

Loving it so far.

Awesome! :D

Have you encountered the tip screen where they say something like "Dying is part of the fun. No really." yet?

The first time I saw that I thought, 'oh yes, very funny' but it wasn't long until I was agreeing with them :).

Enjoy the journey; you've got so many fun things to uncover and experience ahead of you :D.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
*panic* Steam's still down...

panic-google-panic1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom