• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bj00rn_

Banned
I've been looking at State of Decay for a while.. 3 minutes left of yesterdays big deals.. But just can't stomach the graphics, the console version was horrendous. Maybe if it was 3 euro.. I suppose the sequel is under way anyway.

yamo

Anyone know if UBI has done anything about the framerate issues of Trials Evolution yet? Also, I suppose it's still mandatory Uplay?

Instant buy if they have fixed those things.
But I suppose not... lol

derExperte

so uh

I think I had a couple items disappear from the community market?

like I put them up for sale and it doesn't show them as sold but they aren't in my inventory any more

Had this a second ago, now everything is back.

Anyone know if UBI has done anything about the framerate issues of Trials Evolution yet? Also, I suppose it's still mandatory Uplay?

But I suppose not... lol

Still issues and Uplay but it's playable, only some stutterting from time to time.

gngf123

But I suppose not... lol

Mandatory Uplay still.

I didn't have framerate problems though, and I bought it all of a couple of months ago.

Derrick01

Banned
I really enjoyed it quite a bit, but a warning to anyone buying it:

It is very very much more of the same.

More of the same of a game of the generation caliber game (Arkham City) is fine with me. This industry rehashes yearly with seemingly every big Fall game now so I think we can let 1 relatively samey prequel slide, especially when it does several things better and has a MUCH better story.

Turfster

But I suppose not... lol

It's Uplay, and the framerate is still shit apparently.

Credo

Has Steam been down for anyone else other than me? It's been 30 minutes without a connection and I haven't seen any messages about it.

Bii

Has Steam been down for anyone else other than me? It's been 30 minutes without a connection and I haven't seen any messages about it.

It's been working for me, though I've only been online for the past 15 minutes; so it might've been down for you (others) before then.

Danielsan

Ahh the joy of Bethesda PC games. Just spend an hour looking into how to fix the absurd microstutter issues in Skyrim (indoors). Finally found some ridiculous workaround that has me playing the game in windowed mode, and then using a separate app to make it run borderless (as in full screen). Microstutter solved and it now runs smooth as butter... :/

Regardless, still wish I hadn't given them my money.

Omega

Banned
I really enjoyed it quite a bit, but a warning to anyone buying it:

It is very very much more of the same.

a real warning to anyone would be that while it's more of the same, the same is done terribly since this isn't a Rocksteady game and the new developers had no idea what made Arkham games good.

boss battles are a joke. they simply exist because boss battles were in previous games so they had to implement them, only they're ridiculously shit.

that goes for almost anything in the game like collectibles as well.

Jonm1010

Banned
Is payday 2 worth it?

It intrigued me a lot when it first released but I've heard mixed things when I go searching for impressions.

Grief.exe

UGH fucking GMG, doesnt say what game is for each key, just says Legacy of Kain pack and then 3 seperate keys...yeah that helps >_<

It will be the same order it is listed on the sale page.

I got it...as a way to celebrate my 9-year anniversary as a Steam member (9 years ago I bought Half-Life 2). At least that's what I tell myself despite my backlog being 300+ on Steam alone. :/

That is quite the backlog.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
More of the same of a game of the generation caliber game (Arkham City) is fine with me. This industry rehashes yearly with seemingly every big Fall game now so I think we can let 1 relatively samey prequel slide, especially when it does several things better and has a MUCH better story.

To me, Origins had a pretty engaging story (relatively, at least), and the new detective stuff was cool if a bit handwavey, but the combat felt very much like a derivative of Arkham City.

Batman seems less responsive and more sluggish at throwing punches, ground pounds, etc.

Not a bad game, but I won't be going through all the combat/predator trials after I'm done.

edit: Voted for Spelunky!

gngf123

5ZiWY.jpg

Not bad.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow, that Dark Souls deal is awful. It's been $7 before in the summer sale.

Turfster

Daily
  • Gone Home 66% off
  • Killing Floor 75% off
  • Hotline Miami 80% off
  • DmC 75% off
  • WARGAME 75% off
  • Dark Souls 80% off
  • NBA 2K14 50% off
  • Anno 2070 75% off
  • Van Helsing 66% off
Flash