• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

whats the difference between doom 3 and doom 3 bfg?

The biggest difference is the BFG is a technical downgrade from the original release. Removes some graphical features and the ability to use mods.

GAF. Hitman: Absolution has me on the fence because of mixed reception. As someone who enjoy's "action stealth" and has never played prior Hitman games, will I enjoy Absolution? How does it perfom on PC?

Play Blood Money first.

Chaos Theory, Ground Zeroes, and Thief II would also be easy to recommend.

Isaccard

GAF. Hitman: Absolution has me on the fence because of mixed reception. As someone who enjoy's "action stealth" and has never played prior Hitman games, will I enjoy Absolution? How does it perfom on PC?

Whelan

Banned

I was the same. Big Blood money fan. Read all the bad press and stayed clear. Then got given Absolution by a Gaffer and absolutely loved it. I can see why people were upset about the X ray vision and other powers but the game as a stand alone is still a lot of fun. Some great levels.

Sch1sm

The stealth aspect isn't all that great in Absolution. Especially the small, finer details. Why can't we turn off lights and close doors when we dispose of a body? Leaving things out of place is so far from what a contracted killer would do.

I was the same. Big Blood money fan. Read all the bad press and stayed clear. Then got given Absolution by a Gaffer and absolutely loved it. I can see why people were upset about the X ray vision and other powers but the game as a stand alone is still a lot of fun. Some great levels.

It varies. As a stand alone I'd like it, but having played the Hitman games consecutively I guess it just put me off.

Grief.exe

Can't seem to find an exact answer but does the BFG edition allow 360 controller support?

I'm one of those PC 'couch potatoes'. ;)

PC gaming wiki

The gameplay design does get criticized, but the main criticisms seem to center on the shallow level design.

There are a few open levels, but the majority are poorly designed.

I've found the same with the DMC complaints. The media likes to latch onto the few loud people who have issues with the writing or aesthetics, but the bigger issues are with the gameplay.

Camisado

People voted for a game that was already less than £1?

This is why democracy doesn't work, because most people are idiots ;)

Aaron D.

LoL This game is too german for you!

XfpkRDL.jpg

Not me, son! :p

(That line in the video cracked me up too.)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Orion Prelude winning over OMSI 2 is a crime. It was the only choice of those three to get the bonus. The discount was awful but the other two were like $.99 or below that, WHY THE HELL DO THEY NEED A FURTHER DISCOUNT!? UGH. Steam community continuing to show they shouldn't be able to vote on deals.

Corpekata

Banned
Orion Prelude winning over OMSI 2 is a crime. It was the only choice of those three to get the bonus. The discount was awful but the other two were like $.99 or below that, WHY THE HELL DO THEY NEED A FURTHER DISCOUNT!? UGH. Steam community continuing to show they shouldn't be able to vote on deals.

Orion is, but the plane game is more expensive than OMSI 2.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Man, I just have to take a moment to complain. The front-page is such a fucking mess. What happened, Valve?

Have The Walking Dead games ever gone below 75% off? I'll probably pull the trigger, but $4.99 would be sweet.

Ask and ye shall receive. Daily Deal!

Jeremy

Only thing I see today is Bioshock Infinite Season Pass but I still can't pull the trigger at $9.99.

At this point I want anything to spend my money on. When does this sale end again?

NEVERMIND it's on the store page.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I think I'm going to get Trails in the Sky and hope that Walking Dead circles back around as an encore deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom