• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Damn it, that's how we end up with a group date cafe.

Hahaha.

They still aren't discounting below 10% for the newest DLC on Payday 2. Overkill, plz. I want that content but not for more than $1.50-2.

Ask and ye shall receive. Daily Deal!

tumblr_m4r4afEupa1rpnbln.gif

Yeah, probably worth just getting it at $6. Now all I need is Divinity and Wasteland 2 for at least 50% off, then I'll be set for games for, let's see, carry the 5...plus 2... oh yeah, 50 billion trillion years.

Strider

Never played Bully so I voted for that and will happily purchase if it wins. Gonna grab Spelunky too. I had it on PSN but want the PC version as well.

KarmaCow

Aww no price mistake on the new Payday 2 dlc. Guess I'll pick up Clover at the end of the sale and wait till the next sale for The Diamond heist.

Hahaha.

They still aren't discounting below 10% for the newest DLC on Payday 2. Overkill, plz. I want that content but not for more than $1.50-2.

Well it did come out 2 days before the sale.

TheSeks

Aww no price mistake on the new Payday 2 dlc. Guess I'll pick up Clover at the end of the sale and wait till the next sale for The Diamond heist.

Why bother with Clover? She doesn't give anything but a skill deck doesn't she? Not worth the $5 asking price.

That's not Red Dead Redemption.

He was right the first time.

Rezae

I think I'm down for Spelunky (don't really turn on my PS3 much anymore), Goat Simulator (why not...), and probably Endless Legend while it's still on sale (never played that genre of games before, and I love fantasy/RPG settings).

KarmaCow

Why bother with Clover? She doesn't give anything but a skill deck doesn't she? Not worth the $5 asking price.

He was right the first time.

I heard the gun is good and the perk deck looks worthwhile. But yea, $5 is steep if you don't count the character.

Burt

So what's AoW3 all about? Seems a bit Might and Magic-y....?

And seriously, is Goat Simulator worth buying or is it just a game for streamers?

Kadin

That's not even top 5.
Correct, it's Top 2.

Nothing again today for me. I'm finally starting to see some decent titles but of games I already have. If it wasn't for the daily card via Community, I'd forget to check honestly.

AoW3 is pretty good I just wish it had a bit more as far as city-building elements are concerned.

I think part of the reason I haven't pulled the trigger on Endless Legend is that both AoW3 and Warlock2 were a little too light on those things for me and I'm worried it'll sit fallow in my library.

Aaron D.

Great sale so far. Based Gabe comes through again.

Yeah, I think it's been pretty excellent even if I haven't bought a ton of stuff (MS Flight X
for $5 on the day it launched? Hiyo!).

Now we just need Grimrock II to make a Daily/Flash appearance and all will be right with the world.

Durante

PSA: Age of Wonders 3 at 66% off is the best deal of the sale so far.

2014 release? Check.
Amazing game? Check.
Significant discount (to an already sane base price)? Check.

Get on that.

TheSeks

Sooo Rising Storm GOTY is RO2 + Rising Storm ?

Store page says :
Also contains all multi-player content from Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad.

It's only the multiplayer. RO2 is the singleplayer which isn't included with Rising Storm + RO2 (base/multiplayer) bundle.

Really you aren't missing anything huge with the loss of singleplayer. I'd worry about the small community (which went from ~1,000 to 400 after their previous sale earlier this year when they gave RO2/singleplayer + multiplayer out for FREE for 24 hours) not dying off in a year. That plus the gun grind. I kinda jumped off the ship because grinding the weapons up to 50 for low recoil and scopes and stuff was just too much. As bad as Killing Floor. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom