• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Shadow Warrior surprised me, I thought it was gonna be more arena-shooter'y like Painkiller, instead it's old-school level based search for secrets in every nook and cranny while being a complete badass'y. Only played an hour but fuck me if I'm not gonna recommend the shit out of the game! Anyway, it has Stan Bush, so it's a winner!

Also picked up Trails in the Sky. Don't feel like playing a JRPG right now but the price is right and I can't not have an Xseed published game in my library. (Where's Ark of Napishtim!!!???)

Deadly

Seeing how the sale is going I kinda regret not buying MGR and DX:HR DC. Hopefully they'll come back as Flash or last day of sales.

Spyware

So, is trials a flash sale or not? On its page it says daily and that we have a lot of time but the main store page features it among the flash sales.

I assume you mean Trails in the Sky, if so it's indeed a daily deal or a "flash" deal. We don't actually have "flash" deals this sale. There are "featured deals" that are up for 48 hours with the term "daily deal" on the game page. Then there are unnamed deals further down the page that we call "flash" just because shorter deals were called that before. They are also "daily deals" according to the game pages and are always up for 24 hours.

sprinkles

Are there any major story lapses when I jump from Lost Planet 1 right to 3? I played through LP1 this summer and liked it enough that I want to play the sequels. But I won't pay 20€ for a 0% off LP2 riddled with GFWL.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I actually think this has been the best sale in a while... Outside of the Halloween Sales, but those just hold extra appeal for me as I love horror games.

Steam Auctions alone made it better than the last Winter Sale.

If Shadow Warrior is crashing/hard locking your system on the Powers screen, try unplugging your gamepad and use a mouse instead. The Devs said this would be fixed on the steam forums last year, looks like it hasn't been fixed as far as I can tell. Unless a recent patch broke it again.

Teeth

Are there any major story lapses when I jump from Lost Planet 1 right to 3? I played through LP1 this summer and liked it enough that I want to play the sequels. But I won't pay 20€ for a 0% off LP2 riddled with GFWL.

I'm pretty sure all 3 games have zero story connections between each other. I think LP3 takes place way before LP1 and LP2 takes place hundreds of years after. No characters carry over to any other one.

Hell, LP2 isn't even snowy, and you play as a different unnamed character every chapter. It barely has a story at all.

LP3 was made by an American team and has a completely different tone. It's more like space truckers than super soldiers.

Gloam

Woah, had no idea that Killer Is Dead had that infinite loading bug. I guess that's some local content that's getting deleted. Pity, liked the look of the game well enough.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Since the trading thread is pretty much dead, I'll ask here. Anyone interested in the following trade. I have 2 copies of Rise of Nations which I'd like to exchange for Octodad and Max: Curse of the Brotherhood. This way you'll get the Rise of Nations for the same price as splitting a 4-pack.

Send me a PM if interested.

If this is not allowed here, I'll erase this post. Thanks

NOTE: Both copies can be activated no matter the region even if they have a warning .Already gifted a copy and it activated just fine.

Rise of Nations was just $5 yesterday on steam. 4 pack was Historical Low: $14.99 at Steam on Sat Dec 20 2014. Not a great deal at all

Not planning on getting too much this year, but I reeeeally wanna try Road Redemption, as I'm a big Road Rash fan. $12.99 at 35% off is the lowest it's ever been, but is there any chance for it to become a daily?

Volcynika

Not planning on getting too much this year, but I reeeeally wanna try Road Redemption, as I'm a big Road Rash fan. $12.99 at 35% off is the lowest it's ever been, but is there any chance for it to become a daily?

Is there a chance of ____ being a daily is always the same answer.

Maybe. Unless you have to have it now, what's the harm in waiting to see?

Is there a chance of ____ being a daily is always the same answer.

Maybe. Unless you have to have it now, what's the harm in waiting to see?

I suspect "because I'm an impatient bastard and Steam has me by the balls" is the universal answer for that one.

Thanks for the logic, though. I'll employ every ounce of patience I have and cross my fingers.

I just hit 900 myself. I'm not sure what my % completion is now though.

You can check it on your profile if you pick the achievements showcase.

But, yep, after sales since 2011 I collected way too much stuff for my own sake. So far I haven't bought anything on Steam but I did pick some things off GMG (Castle of Illusion -which was patched to have 60fps- and the now Steamworks Dawn of War II games all 75% off and with a 22% coupon, now that was a deal!).

I'm going to pick Ducktales Remastered if it goes on sale 75% off but nothing else has attracted me so far. Still glued to Valkyria Chronicles because animu strategy and waifu squads with tank support totally overshadowed everything else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom