• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoneBone

none of the Uplay games give steam keys unless they are steamworks. i don't think Ubisoft sell steamworks games
They sell a bunch of third-party games that are Steamworks, and a few of their own that are for whatever reason (I know South Park is one of them).

dhlt25

I thought I'd seen people here saying they got Steam keys from Uplay before. Wikipedia says the game is Steamworks, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_using_Steam_authentication, but I don't know how accurate that is. I'd like to know if it does activate on Steam as this is probably the cheapest it will get.
If the game is steamworks then you're safe, steamworks game will activate on steam.

They sell a bunch of third-party games that are Steamworks, and a few of their own that are for whatever reason (I know South Park is one of them).

Huh, interesting, I totally forgot that they published South Park. On steam it doesn't have any Uplay at all.

Unicorn

Chivalry is amazing. Make sure you get the Deadliest Warriors DLC too (Still ~7) for both right now.

This is so much fun. As a viking, I threw an axe at some decked out, high level knight. My axe hit his horned helm, then knocked it off his fucking head. He was fighting some pirate or other viking and they proceeded to decapitate his now vulnerable head. It was one of those jaw-dropping moments in a game that I haven't had in a while.

I also threw all my weapons away, but still managed to punch some sap in the head - it exploded and I got bonus points for it.
KuGsj.gif

Volotaire

Chivalry is amazing. Make sure you get the Deadliest Warriors DLC too (Still ~7) for both right now.

This is so much fun. As a viking, I threw an axe at some decked out, high level knight. My axe hit his horned helm, then knocked it off his fucking head. He was fighting some pirate or other viking and they proceeded to decapitate his now vulnerable head. It was one of those jaw-dropping moments in a game that I haven't had in a while.

I also threw all my weapons away, but still managed to punch some sap in the head - it exploded and I got bonus points for it.
KuGsj.gif

Chivalry is indeed an amazing game.

Jay RaR

Damn...I could've saved $3 on Octodad if I waited a few weeks...

Oh well, I don't regret purchasing it at half price, had a ton of fun with that game anyways!

NeoFaff

I bought They Breathe yesterday for 63p. Weird 20 minute game. Has cards too :p

Still no discount on Drakensang games (no surprise there). Oh well.

Ark

I'm surprised to see Assetto Corsa so high on the top sellers. Didn't think Steam had much of a sim racing community at all.

I'd pick it up, but I'm about to drop a bunch of money on iRacing and I'm waiting for Project Cars to release.

Baust

So Lost Planet 1...

There's a Colonies version and a standard version, and the standard is the only one 80% off.

What's the difference, multiplayer-wise? I think I remember hearing that Colonies had GFWL. Any of them still active?

I had a blast with this on PS3 ages ago and kinda want to revisit it again.

So Lost Planet 1...

There's a Colonies version and a standard version, and the standard is the only one 80% off.

What's the difference, multiplayer-wise? I think I remember hearing that Colonies had GFWL. Any of them still active?

I had a blast with this on PS3 ages ago and kinda want to revisit it again.

Colonies version has a bunch of additional maps and modes (including a pvp mode where players can control Akrids)

Single-player also got a handful of extra modes, including one where you basically get infinite ammo and no re-loading (fun!).

Kinda irrelevant though because the multi-player is dead dead DEAD.

I don't own vanilla LP1, but the multi-player is probably dead there as well.

Tizoc

Colonies version has a bunch of additional maps and modes (including a pvp mode where players can control Akrids)

Single-player also got a handful of extra modes, including one where you basically get infinite ammo and no re-loading (fun!).

Kinda irrelevant though because the multi-player is dead dead DEAD.

I don't own vanilla LP1, but the multi-player is probably dead there as well.

Can the inf. ammo thing be modded into the discounted eition of the game?

Kinsei

Banned
After seeing so much praise for Spelunky on GAF I couldn't pass it up for that price. I hope you didn't let me down GAF!

KuGsj.gif

Make sure to try duel mode. It is so intense to fight people 1v1 and occasionally hilarious because everyone fights dirty.

After seeing so much praise for Spelunky on GAF I couldn't pass it up for that price. I hope you didn't let me down GAF!

C'mere and let me rub yer belly little feller.

Ricker

is dead island worth it?

If you like zombie killing,quests,loots,level up system etc etc,at that price,yes...if you can play with someone co-op,absolutly...loved the game,cant wait for 2 and Dying Light.

And about Spelunky...most of you asking probably know this but the game is fun,well done etc etc but it's hard as hell,be warned lol,it's a rage quit game,until you come back the next day and play again lol.

Blu(e)

I already own Darksiders. If I were to buy the Darksiders Franchise Pack, would I get a giftable copy of the first one?

KuGsj.gif

Few games feel as awesome as Chivalry, just the sheer feeling of being in a medieval movie from the 80's screaming and slicing everyone's shit is enough to make you want blood. It's also incredibly hilarious somehow.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Arthea, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Arthea, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Room -- MB-7B895629F2C79C86 - Taken by redlacs. 17 entrants total.
Trails in the Sky -- MB-591B5B51A0B5D2AC - Taken by Gallantioh. 66 entrants total.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 -- MB-7A79FF926EF995A1 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 76 entrants total.

t1419417735z1.png

Kaleinc

Banned
I'm surprised to see Assetto Corsa so high on the top sellers. Didn't think Steam had much of a sim racing community at all.
Racing sim fans are few but vocal, high discount is there to attract more casuals and passers by I think.

Picked chivalry yesterday, so damn fun, playing on a modded lobby with light sabers was too awesome, also got garry's mod (haven't installed it yet) and just cause 2 with the multiplayer mod, pretty damn fun too.

Jeremy

Racing sim fans are few but vocal, high discount is there to attract more casuals and passers by I think.

Yeah, that's what got me during the summer sale. I've never just enjoyed a sim racer so I don't know why I buy them but there's hardly any arcade racers neither, honestly. I would love to see Forza Horizon or Forza Horizon 2 (or an NFS:U reboot that's not terrible).

Do you want it?

If so, yes.

If not, no.

This should be in the OP. Sage advice for anyone asking whether or not to buy a specific game.

These types of requests should at least include why the author is considering the game, similar games they enjoy/don't enjoy and how keen they are to play the game soon as the alternative is to wait until the next sale and get it possibly cheaper or in a bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom