• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I started up The Walking Dead to give it a quick try and notice I can't invert aiming on the controller? OK, I'm not going to get too down about that, I'll just switch over to KB/M then. Can't remap movement keys? What....the.........

what-year-is-it.jpg

Thought I'd post this, seemed like a pretty good deal. If anybody was interested in the Tomb Raider games, GMG has the Tomb Raider Collection for sale for $15.99 - 20% / 22% off coupons = $12.48 / $12.80.

20% off coupon - WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE
22% off coupon - BK0F62-EI6HXM-B8PXY4

It includes (all Steam keys):
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light DLC All the Trappings - Challenge Pack 1
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light DLC Things that Go Boom - Challenge Pack 2
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light DLC Hazardous Reunion - Challenge Pack 3
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light DLC Raziel and Kain Character Pack
  • Tomb Raider Anniversary
  • Tomb Raider I
  • Tomb Raider II
  • Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft
  • Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation
  • Tomb Raider V: Chronicles
  • Tomb Raider VI: The Angel of Darkness
  • Tomb Raider VII: Legend
  • Tomb Raider VIII: Underworld
  • Tomb Raider GOTY

So I started up The Walking Dead to give it a quick try and notice I can't invert aiming on the controller? OK, I'm not going to get too down about that, I'll just switch over to KB/M then. Can't remap movement keys? What....the.........

what-year-is-it.jpg

The Telltale tool is like over 10 years old if I remember right. I'm done buying games made with that creaky bullshit. I always have issues.

BasilZero

Thought I'd post this, seemed like a pretty good deal. If anybody was interested in the Tomb Raider games, GMG has the Tomb Raider Collection for sale for $15.99 - 20% / 22% off coupons = $12.48 / $12.80.

20% off coupon - WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE
22% off coupon - BK0F62-EI6HXM-B8PXY4

It includes (all Steam keys):
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light DLC All the Trappings - Challenge Pack 1
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light DLC Things that Go Boom - Challenge Pack 2
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light DLC Hazardous Reunion - Challenge Pack 3
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light DLC Raziel and Kain Character Pack
  • Tomb Raider Anniversary
  • Tomb Raider I
  • Tomb Raider II
  • Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft
  • Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation
  • Tomb Raider V: Chronicles
  • Tomb Raider VI: The Angel of Darkness
  • Tomb Raider VII: Legend
  • Tomb Raider VIII: Underworld
  • Tomb Raider GOTY

:eek:

Thats a lot cheaper than what I bought it on Steam when it was $15!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
hmh
ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-ACB1CA8BF863BDD3 - Taken by user237. 17 entrants total.

t1419388503z1.png

bigzgod

Yeah, that's what got me during the summer sale. I've never just enjoyed a sim racer so I don't know why I buy them but there's hardly any arcade racers neither, honestly. I would love to see Forza Horizon or Forza Horizon 2 (or an NFS:U reboot that's not terrible).

Forza Horizon 2 on PC would be an eyegasm.

Deadbeat

Banned
Steam trade busted like usual. How about instead of adding free content you fix the "features" you currently advertise. This of course is not the times where I lost earbuds in trade and steam customer support said nothing was wrong and the trade went through.

Water

Shameless request for help:
Could some fine US-based gaffer help me get the Doom 3 BFG Edition that's currently a $4 deal (after coupon) on greenmangaming? I can pay in trading cards, TF2 keys, paypal, etc.
(My Steam profile) (Link to my post on the Steam trading thread.)
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Water, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pixeljunk Eden -- MB-2FAD75EEE4DADB2B - Taken by Macheezmo. 3 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-2E92B0CBA84D8D76 - Taken by Gallantioh. 4 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-3000D241A531496F - Taken by Darth Kupi. 9 entrants total.

t1419466083z1.png

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GuardianE, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-81A2BBB1E42B1AB8 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 48 entrants total.

t1419391983z1.png

VeTqUrv.gif

Abhor

RIP steam servers

Current haul damage

Devil May Cry 3 and 4 Bundle
Shadow Warrior
L.A. Noire Complete Edition
Warframe: Starter Pack
Some DLC for Payday 2

Kinsei

Banned
So within 30 minutes of booting up Garry's Mod for the first time I ended up having a huge battle against the bugs from Starship Troopers in Hyrule Castle from Wind Waker while playing as Jack Skellington. Yeah, that was definitely worth the money.

Colby

GoT is so tempting, but like others, I don't know if I can keep supporting TT, when I've had issues with all their games.

Oublieux

Here is a twin stick shooter with some action B movie charm!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Oublieux:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Oublieux, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Renegade Ops Plus DLC -- MB-4EFD0308A76130BA - Taken by Water

Oublieux

Do you guys think Lord of The Fallen is going to get cheaper in this sale? 50% seems pretty good already for a game this new.

I am eyeing this myself but because there's a good chunk of time left during the sale, I feel like it will drop a bit further eventually.

ref

Can't decide if Dynasty Warriors is worth it.

I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game before ever. I'm just looking for something mindless that will last a while.

Any recommendations?

Oublieux

It's a very love it or hate it game. You might fall into the love it category, or maybe you won't.

Can you give some direction as to why it's so divisive? Is there some particular quirk to the game...? I am also pondering whether I should nab this or not.

ArjanN

From reviews and gaffers, there are performance issues with the game and it's relatively short. Although, from the videos I've seen of the game, it still seems to serve more of the excellent Guardian of light gameplay.

Pretty much. It's more demanding which is odd as there's not that much more going on visually than the first game. (there's some more smoke/steam/lighting etc though)
The actual game is about the same quality as Guardian of Light, it's doesn't do much new but what's there is quality.

Unicorn

Should I get the Chivalry bundle or just the base game?

Get the bundle, for sure. The other classes such as pirate, viking, ninja, samurai, etc. all add a new flavor to the game. I have actually spent my 2 hours playing the DLC after doing the tutorial in the main game.

One of the best DLC for a game, imo

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of alr1ght, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-ACB1CA8BF863BDD3 - Taken by user237. 17 entrants total.

t1419388503z1.png

Can anyone recommend some games similar to the older Tomb Raider games (PS1 era) whether it is the atmosphere, gameplay, difficulty, or anything of the sort. Bonus if they are/will be on sale.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Anyone know if 7 Days to Die is any good? Looking for a potential Dayz/Minecraft/Rust alternative for pvp and coop stuff

Anustart

YL7gQMj.png

Cross posted from OT. I dunno where the NOLURKERS applies to, but it's there.

I'm giving to one lucky person a copy of the critically acclaimed Bad Rats! That's right, only one of you will win the grand prize! The other 4 people will be stuck with the joke gift Spelunky :lol :trollface kappa! I know that this will piss four of you off, but think of the one lucky guy or gal who gets his mitts on the crown jewel of steam games!!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anustart, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

I7Ufybq.png

MYSTERY GAME -- MB-841BA41684987F2E - Taken by Annubis. 6 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME #2 -- MB-20F0C6DED77AD04E - Taken by Tesseract. 9 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME #3 -- MB-8841360236211623 - Taken by Strazyplus. 4 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME #4 -- MB-C5F9A60968BD64C1 - Taken by XChainfireX. 6 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME #5 -- MB-1A1BCBB055B9CB39 - Taken by alr1ght. 13 entrants total.

t1419395763z1.png

So within 30 minutes of booting up Garry's Mod for the first time I ended up having a huge battle against the bugs from Starship Troopers in Hyrule Castle from Wind Waker while playing as Jack Skellington. Yeah, that was definitely worth the money.

...Wow. I need to look into that game more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom