• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Banned
Most every issue has been fixed, resolved, or altered through the various patches and has shaped up to become a very good Total War. Pathfinding and diplomacy were both ironed out and I dare say the best in the franchise now. There may be issues one doesn't like due to the subtle differences between Rome 2 and other Total War games, but that is going to be down to personal preference, not technical or design faults.

I say it's well worth it if you were a fan of any past Total War game (excluding Shogun for it's visual style and Viking: Battle for Asgard for... what it was) and more than enough competent game to satisfy most every strategy fan. Large scale battles, boats, differences between cultures being more pronounced, terrain mattering, all very good fun.

That's great to hear. I'll definitely be picking it up.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky daily please.

I want Shovel Knight too, but it's not getting a discount and I can wait.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Revengeance's discount says it's a daily but it doesn't appear on the front page. Howsat work.

Happens a lot, actually. A game on the front page will be a daily, and if you look around you'll see other games in the franchise also on a daily deal.

For example, Civ Beyond Earth is on the front page, and the other Civ games are also on daily deals right now.

Patapwn

Hey guies, what is the chance that Civilization: BE is going to be more than 40% off? What is the strategy for me?

I'm glad I only have to vote once a day to get a card now, but they should have more than one game as a community choice if there's only going to be one a day. Like have three groups of six games to vote for.

Salsa

eh fuck it got all 3

s51m1kw.png

Grief.exe

Hey guies, what is the chance that Civilization: BE is going to be more than 40% off? What is the strategy for me?

The standard question you see all day everyday in sale threads.

After all these years we still aren't desensitized.

Answer: this is the lowest.

I gifted Rocksmith 2014 and blew all my budget for myself.
I kinda wanted Metal Gear Rising, but I would rather get someone the joy of learning cool shit. :)

Teggy

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Teggy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl -- MB-CCEB09F786159576 - Taken by Panda Rin. 20 entrants total.

t1418941660z1.png

Pachimari

Alien Isolation and MGSV: Ground Zeroes is not bad for the first day.

Now I'm just keeping my eyes on This War of Mine and Wolfenstein: The New Order, and my Winter Sales will be done.

I am going to do good this time. I only really have 3 games that I am watching. The rest of my wallet funds will be for good values like the MGRR sale today.

I vow I will not buy any useless shit I will never play this sale.

Haunted

I'll chime in with the others saying buy MGR. Awesome game.

Thanks. Bought it for Consortium mainly, but Halfway seems pretty cool too so got that one too.
Halfway is really good if you like SRPGs, imo. Made it on my Top 10 GOTY list this year.

My first steam sale while active on GAF. Let the good times roll and hopefully not lose all my money, though at a certain point I feel I own most of what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom