• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
metal gear solid ground zeroes is cheaper on GMG - $10.72 with the 20% off
(edit: nuuvem doesn't work for me)
Well that's what you get for being an idiot and saving your card details in valve's server. I just hastily purchased this for £1.60 more than I should have.

Also glorious £ = $ pricing. Thanks Konami.

Mr White

Ok, OP, if you want do things right then change thread title to "никаких игр для вас" :p

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
Gaben doesn't want my money. I've been unable to add anything to my cart, either on the browser or the Steam mobile app.

Might as well wait until I'm home.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Gaben doesn't want my money. I've been unable to add anything to my cart, either on the browser or the Steam mobile app.

Might as well wait until I'm home.

Changes to the front page and a ton of users from other markets trying to use US, UK, and the European stores (from outside those regions) have caused a bit of headache. It's being worked on.

Not if you have no friends to play it with

People in the standard SteamGAF community will play SpeedRunners with you and anyone else that gets the game, we're rather friendly like that.

How is Rome 2? I remember hearing about some issues with it at launch.

Most every issue has been fixed, resolved, or altered through the various patches and has shaped up to become a very good Total War. Pathfinding and diplomacy were both ironed out and I dare say the best in the franchise now. There may be issues one doesn't like due to the subtle differences between Rome 2 and other Total War games, but that is going to be down to personal preference, not technical or design faults.

I say it's well worth it if you were a fan of any past Total War game (excluding Shogun for it's visual style and Viking: Battle for Asgard for... what it was) and more than enough competent game to satisfy most every strategy fan. Large scale battles, boats, differences between cultures being more pronounced, terrain mattering, all very good fun.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Not even a small discount on Dark Souls II DLC haha.

Or the Season Pass. It's basically Namco going "LOL BUY THE DX11 VERSION, SUCKERS" which I won't do.

If there isn't a sale on it in the Spring sale/1 year anniversary of launch, then I'm deleting it without playing the DLC. Fuck them for putting a render mode behind a GotY release.

Glad to know I'm being more selective this go around. My first ever Steam sale (this summer gone), I went a bit nuts and bought all sorts I wasn't even interested in and could potentially never even play.

Just MGS:R and The Journal for me today.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I really want to get Beyond Earth due to the tech-tree/web redo which lets me research things I want instead of going through fifty million things to get my nukes later/post-game. But I can't justify it at that price and knowing there's going to be expansion/tweaks later on.

Plus, I still haven't put enough time into Civ 5 (which doesn't grab me like SMAC/BE's demo did).

Begaria

I was tempted to get Dark Souls 2, but I think I'll just wait until the Summer sale for a discounted DS2: Sins.

KiDdYoNe

Just got 95% offs, MGR and State of Decay. Not sure if i should get Rome 2 since i won't be able to run it for a while.

By the way.... Borderlands Pre-Sequel is 1400 rub regular price now.... i think it was lower.

EDIT: New Civilization too.

Risgroo

Huh, seems like the price of Assetto Corsa has been increased from 270 NOK to 340 NOK, balls. Not sure if this has happened everywhere, or just here in Norway(exchange rates are fucked at the moment).

KiraFA37

Metal Gear Rising -80%.... 3.99€... bought.

Was kinda confused that it wasn't listed prominently on the frontpage and though it was a pricing mistake but it's a daily. Only problem I have now is that I'm 20GB short on space to install it.

C8HxxJSqinoP.png

And the star of the show appears.
I thought they bought some extra server power or something since it held for this long, but alas.

Yes I got that too. Is Steam having another DDoS attack ?

Freezard

Note: Starting in the next few days, items purchased for Team Fortress 2 either in-game or on the Steam Community Market will not be tradable or marketable for one week after purchase.

Is this active yet?

spoonztt

Metal Gear Rising -80%.... 3.99€... bought.

Was kinda confused that it wasn't listed prominently on the frontpage and though it was a pricing mistake but it's a daily. Only problem I have now is that I'm 20GB short on space to install it.

Would have missed this completely if it wasn't posted. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom