• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
Valve Support removes games you don't want right?

i'll never understand this desire

CongRATS!

charlie-murphy-lol-ec77zy0.gif

trying to get rid of bad rats?

How shameful.

At least you won something.

I think I've entered about 10 raffles thus far...and this is what I win. Does anyone have the gif of the businessman calmly jumping out of a window?

Lol...if i didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!

Well at least you can't get Bad Rats again right? I mean unless you make another steam account and win it again and put it on that account. And then keep doing that every time you win a copy of it. At the end of the sale you could potentially have at least 15-20 Bad Rats only accounts! Think of the possibilities!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Can you tell how many copies are in the system right now?

It's difficult to tell because a) Most of them aren't labeled as Bad Rats and are labeled with assorted mystery names that I can't easily combine; and b) People often make errors when they generate their giveaway or want to change the rules later, and so sometimes there are duplicates in the system. I wish I could tell, it'd be interesting to see if BR was actually the most given-away game.

BasilZero

If I had more monies I would of gotten Remember Me.

But I could of sworn it was cheaper during the summer?

Anyways, nothing for me right now ;o

Still hoping for Prince of Persia...but not expecting it.

I guess I'll get Crysis Maximum Edition if it goes on sale.

Anustart

I think I've entered about 10 raffles thus far...and this is what I win. Does anyone have the gif of the businessman calmly jumping out of a window?

Lol...if i didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!

You better activate it! I see it in my inventory still :3 You're not a man until bad rats is in your game library. Which, ironically, is why i'm still a babby.

If I had more monies I would of gotten Remember Me.

But I could of sworn it was cheaper during the summer?

Anyways, nothing for me right now ;o

Still hoping for Prince of Persia...but not expecting it.

I guess I'll get Crysis Maximum Edition if it goes on sale.

I know that feeling, 6 days in and I haven't gotten anything yet. I was too short in wallet funds to grab Trails in the Sky, but I hope I can make that up by the end of the sale and get it on the last day repeat if it comes up. If not hopefully something else on my wishlist gets to be a price I can grab it at.

Big Chungus

So...Gang Beasts...I'm going to a family gathering, my cousins and siblings will be there and it seems like it'd be a cool game to play with them.

Should I wait or go ahead and buy it?

It very much depends on how you play and enjoy the base game.
For me and about 60 people in my friendlist who play and used to play Chiv competitively. The DLC is very clunky in term of combat. So after about 2 weeks or so, pretty much everyone stopped playing it.

But if you don't take it very seriously, deadliest warrior is very mindlessly fun with multiple team matches, more varieties to choose from, so yeah probably worth getting.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game #2 -- MB-145FB2AF850CDADE - Taken by thereisnoif. 24 entrants total.
Mystery Game -- MB-53B0BA407453F438 - Taken by pupo. 21 entrants total.

t1419407224z1.png

Sch1sm

So... Mark of the Ninja... Is it like Tenchu or something? Someone convince me on it!

It's like Tenchu. Not better, but probably the best since Tenchu. Not much replay value, but if you're as OCD about stealth games as I am it'll take a good chunk of your time away. When they say stealth game, they mean it, seems to be the only option. No face stabbing.

Spookie

Asseto Corsa is calling my name. Anyone have any input? I'm into racing games more arcade than sim but if its a pretty good sim I think I'll bite.

Honestly if you haven't got a wheel I wouldn't bother. Project CARS might be up your street next year they will have better controller support since it's going to be launched on consoles.

Teggy

It's like Tenchu. Not better, but probably the best since Tenchu. Not much replay value, but if you're as OCD about stealth games as I am it'll take a good chunk of your time away. When they say stealth game, they mean it, seems to be the only option. No face stabbing.

Actually, you unlock costumes with different perks that make different play styles viable. I definitely need to play it again someday.

ref

I just want to say if you're remotely interested in the visuals/story of Remember Me, you'll probably really enjoy the game.

The atmosphere/aesthetics are easily of the most fascinating you'll find in a game. A very awesome realized world with a pretty solid story to boot. A lot of people seem to knock the combat, but it's very similar to the Batman games, not quite as fluid but still very serviceable.

Card Boy

Banned
I made a mistake. I bought Jurassic Park: The Game from Gamersgate thinking it was a Steam key and it wasn't. I tried emailing Telltale support in case they where feeling generous enough to give me a Steam key but no dice. I also made a mistake in revealing the key so i cant get a refund. My 3rd mistake was buying Jurassic Park: The Game in the first place!

Nabs

I just want to say if you're remotely interested in the visuals/story of Remember Me, you'll probably really enjoy the game.

The atmosphere/aesthetics are easily of the most fascinating you'll find in a game. A very awesome realized world with a pretty solid story to boot. A lot of people seem to knock the combat, but it's very similar to the Batman games, not quite as fluid but still very serviceable.

I liked the combat, but I guess I'm weird like that. I just wish they didn't hold you back with combo options early on.

I very much somehow did not realize the steam sale was going on. Been too focused on other things. How has the sale been so far?

Sales are fine like usual, but it's just kind of boring this year. The good stuff happened before the sale started with the Holiday Auctions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom