• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly if you haven't got a wheel I wouldn't bother. Project CARS might be up your street next year they will have better controller support since it's going to be launched on consoles.

Thanks for the advice. I have a wheel but its not the best. I'll without a doubt be getting Project Cars. I think I'll hold off for now.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Maxwood, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Maxwood, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Escape Goat 2 -- MB-AE705D7CD9CCBE9C - Taken by ramoisdead. 50 entrants total.
A tour de force in puzzle design, absolutely brilliant game.
Banished -- MB-76D1067A826C6DEA - Taken by Polishin8r. 48 entrants total.
I haven't got a clue, but it looks nice.
Might & Magic X: Legacy -- MB-7593BBFD6A156B50 - Taken by Purkake4. 56 entrants total.
My second favorite game of 2014, prepare to lose countless hours to this time devouring gem.

t1419450542z1.png

TGMIII

I just want to say if you're remotely interested in the visuals/story of Remember Me, you'll probably really enjoy the game.

The atmosphere/aesthetics are easily of the most fascinating you'll find in a game. A very awesome realized world with a pretty solid story to boot. A lot of people seem to knock the combat, but it's very similar to the Batman games, not quite as fluid but still very serviceable.

The world they created is a fully believable future environment, especially the augmented reality integration with how shops in the city showed opening/closing times, menus and things like that. Outside of that it's painfully average and at times has some outright awful voice acting and writing. The memory manipulation sections are interesting but it's stuck in a hard place where there wasn't enough of them but at the same time they weren't complex or engaging enough to warrant more of them. The various combat mechanics are all serviceable but clunky with some of the animations looking jarringly terrible when compared to the rest of the games visual assets.

You can do far worse for its current price but I wouldn't rush out to play it if there's other things on your list.

Ugh having so many games on steam and playing a lot on release really kills steam sales. I at least i made almost 3 bucks selling my cards.

Just wanted to pop in and recommend Mark of the Ninja to anyone who hasn't played it or doesn't already own it. It is super polished and plays like a dream.

Reven

Upset at myself for missing Valiant Hearts. Looks like they probably won't be repeating deals during this sale. Probably pick it up on the last day, or just wait for summer.

This sale has been quite stale...

From all the gems i gathered from my inventory's excess (~22k in gems) I was able to win:
Virtua Tennis 4
The Club
Audiosurf 2
Marlow Briggs
Riptide GP2
PURE
Split/Second

So far in the same amount of time during the sale, I've only snagged half as many games, (with a budget of $60 USD):
Injustice: Ultimate Edition
Metal Gear Rising
Arkham Origins - Season Pass
How to Survive - Storm Warning Edition

Some good flash deals today, at last.

Mark of the Ninja, at last a deal I was really hoping for. Great discount, great price, great game. So tell me GAF, do I want the DLC?

Burnout Paradise Ultimate, Have that on Origin already, but if you don't have it, get it.

Remember Me, I'm very interested in the style and story - I can bear the poor gameplay, but it's not as deep a discount as I would have liked. I'll wait on that until the game's regular price comes down and the sale price becomes more sensible.

As a last note, Blackguards looks interesting.. but I never heard of it before. Looks like it's not a well received game but what I see of it I kind of like. Tell me more GAF?

XBP

Not sure if this was already mentioned but Castlevania LOS 1 and 2 are on sale on nuuvem and the keys work just fine on steam without any workarounds. Not sure why nuuvem has a region lock message on the game's page.

Ark

Just need Lords of the Fallen, Shadow of Mordor, and Tales from the Borderlands. Come on Steam, give us these sales before I have to go back to work on Monday :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I made a mistake. I bought Jurassic Park: The Game from Gamersgate thinking it was a Steam key and it wasn't. I tried emailing Telltale support in case they where feeling generous enough to give me a Steam key but no dice. I also made a mistake in revealing the key so i cant get a refund. My 3rd mistake was buying Jurassic Park: The Game in the first place!

It's kind of annoying how common this is considering keys are provided for free. Hell, Sega Support will even go so far as to condescendingly tell you that a "Request CD keys" button doesn't exist even though it does (not my image, so pay no attention to the giant arrow).

Ugh, still nothing.

Come on steam, give me something good to buy that interests me.

Like South Park at 75% off.

Made about $3 selling off a bunch of trading cards, man I love doing that. A little bit of time = Free Money.

Tizoc

Ugh, still nothing.

Come on steam, give me something good to buy that interests me.

Like South Park at 75% off.

Made about $3 selling off a bunch of trading cards, man I love doing that. A little bit of time = Free Money.

Wasn't it $15 on Amazon UK some weeks ago?

Oublieux

Just need Lords of the Fallen, Shadow of Mordor, and Tales from the Borderlands. Come on Steam, give us these sales before I have to go back to work on Monday :(

Lords of the Fallen, this is one I'm looking at as well.

Shadow of Mordor I picked up a while back and the Nemesis system is fantastic. Highly recommend it.

-MD-

DayZ ain't getting a Daily Deal, is it?

I believe they recently raised the base price from $29.99 to $34.99 and it's never gotten a deeper discount than 15% off which is what it currently has.

I don't think it'll start getting notable discounts until it's fully released (like 12+ months from now) and the price is going to keep rising closer to launch.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I fear I've gotten to the point where I have most everything I want. The list of things I do want is small and consists mostly of new games which don't get deep discounts.

Is the DLC for Mark of the Ninja worth it?

I heard it adds a few levels, and I was pretty into the game for a while.

It's one extra level, one extra playstyle that works on the others, and a well mad commentary track (texts) for all the levels about the design of the game. It's of course worth 1€.

Cerity

all these indie games.. I see I have them wishlisted but I never manage to recall what game they were or why I wishlisted them.

That said, anyone tried out Ziggurat yet?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Arthea, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Arthea, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Room -- MB-7B895629F2C79C86 - Taken by redlacs. 17 entrants total.
Trails in the Sky -- MB-591B5B51A0B5D2AC - Taken by Gallantioh. 66 entrants total.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 -- MB-7A79FF926EF995A1 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 76 entrants total.

t1419417735z1.png

$h@d0w

Mark of the Ninja is okay, but overrated - don't expect the masterpiece that many reviews will lead you to believe.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Some good flash deals today, at last.

Mark of the Ninja, at last a deal I was really hoping for. Great discount, great price, great game. So tell me GAF, do I want the DLC?

Burnout Paradise Ultimate, Have that on Origin already, but if you don't have it, get it.

Remember Me, I'm very interested in the style and story - I can bear the poor gameplay, but it's not as deep a discount as I would have liked. I'll wait on that until the game's regular price comes down and the sale price becomes more sensible.

As a last note, Blackguards looks interesting.. but I never heard of it before. Looks like it's not a well received game but what I see of it I kind of like. Tell me more GAF?

Blackguards has turned into a decent enough hexagon strategy RPG. When it launched, it was complete shit, but they fixed some of the issues. It's still mediocre in some places, namely the story that instantly destroys the entire premise of the game and a main character that is redudant no matter how you build his class. If you're hard up for a strat RPG, it's not the worst thing out there. I'd still wait for the sequel they're making. Maybe they'll actually make the "blackguard" actually black, instead of "wrongfully imprisoned freedom fighters with hearts of gold."

You know what, the more I think about it, the more I can't recommend this game. In fact, fuck this game. Skip.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Mark of the Ninja is okay, but overrated - don't expect the masterpiece that many reviews will lead you to believe.

It's actually one of the rare stealth games where getting spotted doesn't mean you have to start from scratch every time. Your ability to recover is a huge boon and subsequently it's not as tethered to usual trial & error gameplay of stealth games of past. You also have some bandwidth to how you approach each situation, from having free control over your starting gear to how some areas give you multiple angles of approach. It's very very well designed.

Altima

Sadly, I want to give out Dust but I accidentally redeemed it for myself :(

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Altima, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-45507519388A0543 - Taken by Speevy. 3 entrants total.
Titan Quest -- MB-74D7078A56BA8DFC - Taken by Macheezmo. 3 entrants total.

t1419428164z1.png

Xevo

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Xevo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

Burnout Paradise -- MB-8DDA1D02F98B850C - Taken by Gallantioh
Dear Esther -- MB-BA18E847D0AD91D5 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 6 entrants total.

t1419503945z1.png
[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom