• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I broke down and bought CS:GO. I was tired of hoping it will get cheaper.

You chose: Wisely.

People need to stop waiting for it to get cheaper. If Volvo is smart, they'll never put it on deep-discount ever again for the sake of the matchmaking not being filled with hackers every three months.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Really regret not getting metal gear revengence. I hope it comes back for encore day, even if it's just another 5%.

OK, I just got over being bitter about IL-2 not getting voted in the community choice, and checked Orion out..

Not sure wth I just looked at..

It's like Tribes, but with Halo's guns and warthog, Star Wars' lightsaber and dinosaurs because why the fuck not?

Wtf..

TheSeks

I rebought Train Simulator (2013/2014/)2015 because the bundle had the San Diego line for as much as the "Steam Edition" bundle I already had a year or two ago at the same price. Note: The San Diego line wasn't included in that previous one.

Send help, I may have a problem.

I hate that Valve doesn't give you an extra copy of the base game despite you already owning that to give away. It's "Valve, plz."

Can anyone tell me if Project Zomboid or Magicite has been a daily deal yet?

My brother wants them but yea I wasn't sure to say wait or not.

MikeDip

OK, I just got over being bitter about IL-2 not getting voted in the community choice, and checked Orion out..

Not sure wth I just looked at..

It's like Tribes, but with Halo's guns and warthog, Star Wars' lightsaber and dinosaurs because why the fuck not?

Wtf..

Yeah, IL-2 would have been a nice xmas present. Darn voters.

rockx4

Just purchased Endless Legend, I have this issue where 4x games intrigue me so I buy them but I have a hard time getting into them :(

TheSeks

I am not very good at cs go. How do I get skins and what not?

Play an online match with a least one other person on the other team (bots can be in but ANOTHER PERSON MUST BE THERE/opposite of you). Play until drops. ??????. DON'T PROFIT.

So like TF2 but more random.

MikeDip

Play an online match with a least one other person on the other team (bots can be in but ANOTHER PERSON MUST BE THERE/opposite of you). Play until drops. ??????. DON'T PROFIT.

So like TF2 but more random.

Is it completely random or does doing better help things drop?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ionball 2 : Ionstorm -- MB-798EFDDB9D471415 - Taken by Altima. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Frozen Hearth failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1419423725z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Water, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Water, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pixeljunk Eden -- MB-2FAD75EEE4DADB2B - Taken by Macheezmo. 3 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-2E92B0CBA84D8D76 - Taken by Gallantioh. 4 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-3000D241A531496F - Taken by Darth Kupi. 9 entrants total.

t1419466083z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Racer 8 -- MB-A107FD31F76B2695 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-7C32A278F7E51E6A - Taken by Loptous. 4 entrants total.

t1419423905z1.png

I was stupid and purchased Metro Last Light Redux from amazon.com without thinking about region locks (why the fuck is that even a thing on PC games...) and I can't redeem the code. Can I redeem it with a VPN and keep it even when I'm not on the VPN? Or perhaps that's against the rules and I'll get banned from Steam?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was stupid and purchased Metro Last Light Redux from amazon.com without thinking about region locks (why the fuck is that even a thing on PC games...) and I can't redeem the code. Can I redeem it with a VPN and keep it even when I'm not on the VPN? Or perhaps that's against the rules and I'll get banned from Steam?

Using a VPN at all is technically against the rules, but in practice Valve hasn't done anything to those using one to redeem keys or unlock games early. Using a VPN is even necessary for game collectors as some region-specific stuff is exclusive to retail and tied to a sub that is region-locked at the activation level (e.g. Football Manager 2012 Korean). Also, Valve stopped banning accounts almost three years ago now in favour of a restriction-based system -- even if you broke every rule in the book, you wouldn't lose access to your games, just Steam Community features as well as the ability to add to your library.

Using a VPN at all is technically against the rules, but in practice Valve hasn't done anything to those using one to redeem keys or unlock games early. Using a VPN is even necessary for game collectors as some region-specific stuff is exclusive to retail and tied to a sub that is region-locked at the activation level (e.g. Football Manager 2012 Korean). Also, Valve stopped banning accounts almost three years ago now in favour of a restriction-based system -- even if you broke every rule in the book, you wouldn't lose access to your games, just Steam Community features as well as the ability to add to your library.

Thanks!

I didn't know that they don't ban you from accessing your games anymore. That's certainly a relief.

scokem

Neo Member
Hi Gaf! I haven't been around for quite some time now and unfortunately haven't had the chance to lurk much either but I've had this planned for a while...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year all! Have at it and good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 50 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (scokem, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

To The Moon -- MB-A0412182A04BEE3F - Taken by DarkFlow. 7 entrants total.
Magicka (with Vietnam and Dungeons and Daemons DLC) -- MB-85E465DC59713684 - Taken by hepburn3d. 4 entrants total.
Paranautical Activity -- MB-27BC83778BA8F5D4 - Taken by Sendou. 13 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-1A538361664E1348 - Taken by Wark. 5 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-43A88DE429BA7738
Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut -- MB-5BE28671AD842527 - Taken by Khronico. 28 entrants total.
FEAR -- MB-AEDC3AD0956DF47A - Taken by HeebieJeebies. 7 entrants total.
Deus Ex Invisible War -- MB-582B666A63EF4781 - Taken by rrvv. 7 entrants total.
Limbo -- MB-E3A23404497C7D75 - Taken by sensoft04. 5 entrants total.
The Binding of Issac (with Wrath of the Lamb) -- MB-E28CBDBD4BEC48D3 - Taken by Poetic.Injustice. 5 entrants total.
Organ Trail Director's Cut -- MB-303B4A0B9C08F1DB - Taken by darkchewie. 9 entrants total.
Mark Of The Ninja -- MB-BA5864310945C41E - Taken by Ventara. 9 entrants total.
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-B9E07D403649E35E - Taken by Maddocks. 18 entrants total.
Broken Sword Shadow Of The Templars Directors Cut -- MB-7B42BC773F46C694 - Taken by Gaz Pwnage. 9 entrants total.
Worms Reloaded -- MB-A1FE5DF86243E2E4 - Taken by shockdude. 4 entrants total.
Deus Ex Game of the Year Edition -- MB-2EEAB8CA91F31038 - Taken by GaussTek. 13 entrants total.
Guacamelee Gold Edition -- MB-EB0140BDE47F4AB2 - Taken by Mashing. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops The Line -- MB-E9C30CE33278AE2F - Taken by EdmondD. 19 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-947DFAE46F3468A1 - Taken by Blu(e). 7 entrants total.
Ittle Dew -- MB-84C431CB345F77BC - Taken by outunderthestars. 6 entrants total.
Dust An Elysian Tail -- MB-771D9EAF1E4A4435 - Taken by Macheezmo. 7 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Sid Meier's Civilization V -- MB-637D05E47AAB7161 - Taken by The Reloader. 12 entrants total.
Teleglitch Die More Edition -- MB-159B0A5E023B53D9
Brutal Legend -- MB-5A19D42EDFB1A266 - Taken by hooijdonk17. 5 entrants total.
FTL Faster Than Light -- MB-D77C4B5A42565609 - Taken by Moonlight. 6 entrants total.
Monaco What's Yours Is Mine #2 -- MB-158AF86CE4E35D5B - Taken by thereisnoif. 4 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-5CA98198128058BE
Sanctum Collection -- MB-62F778B8C82D3566 - Taken by pahamrick. 5 entrants total.
Sanctum -- MB-81B0D73D15065E4D - Taken by drgambit. 1 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-0EE0949D7DB3926D - Taken by famfrit. 4 entrants total.
The Bureau XCOM Declassified -- MB-EA0785A8E99C2B9C - Taken by Purkake4. 10 entrants total.
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-66BA5CF511EDE306 - Taken by D3RANG3D. 3 entrants total.
Risk Of Rain -- MB-48572390CC0E493C - Taken by Altima. 6 entrants total.
SpaceChem -- MB-1824E814E898877D
Trine 2 Complete Story -- MB-98B0FAFC564BDBF8 - Taken by agniswarm. 9 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die 2 Complete #2 -- MB-6E975C1476E59D1F - Taken by Belgarion. 7 entrants total.

Frozen Synapse -- MB-54E751C54598BE54 - Taken by Bytes. 2 entrants total.
FEAR 3 -- MB-3756636DCEB44034 - Taken by Pezus. 5 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-C3FCB97E8615A110 - Taken by GorillaWithDandruff. 3 entrants total.
Lone Survivor The Director's Cut -- MB-710C05BA51F5ECF0 - Taken by trailmix16. 9 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization V Gods and Kings -- MB-94D8C3CF111B1027 - Taken by skullmuffins. 10 entrants total.
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-062ECEAB30F05293 - Taken by Sch1sm. 14 entrants total.
Fieldrunners -- MB-9ED200A85D22AA0C - Taken by mrks. 4 entrants total.
Monaco What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-AA46FC96224D36DB - Taken by mrks. 3 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-EB312AEB8C69F372 - Taken by Uthred. 7 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die GOTY -- MB-90C5C425B31507CF - Taken by Jables Swan. 5 entrants total.
Legend Of Gimrock -- MB-DD1DB2E8B133F44E - Taken by S1n1st3r
t1cxE6r.gif
Serious Sam 3 BFE -- MB-D29122F6E8F45360 - Taken by Relaxed Muscle. 11 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die 2 Complete -- MB-48BF92D55478DB1E - Taken by MrPanic. 6 entrants total.
FEAR 2 Project Origin -- MB-D9066A7D50BD2516 - Taken by Decado. 5 entrants total.

t1419510245z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Altima, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Altima, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-45507519388A0543 - Taken by Speevy. 3 entrants total.
Titan Quest -- MB-74D7078A56BA8DFC - Taken by Macheezmo. 3 entrants total.

t1419428164z1.png

yuraya

I can't get over how well CS:GO is selling, I mean it's 100% going to be a daily deal at some point yet people keep buying it

Its been one of the best sellers all year long. Very consistent. This time last year the game was going for $3.74 and only had like 25k concurrent players. Today it has 300k concurrent players. Its just crazy how much bigger the game got in less than a year.

DayZ is also another one that has been in top sellers all year long.

aScaris

Hi Gaf! I haven't been around for quite some time now and unfortunately haven't had the chance to lurk much either but I've had this planned for a while...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year all! Have at it and good luck!

Holy giveaway Batman!

Its been one of the best sellers all year long. Very consistent. This time last year the game was going for $3.74 and only had like 25k concurrent players. Today it has 300k concurrent players. Its just crazy how much bigger the game got in less than a year.

DayZ is also another one that has been in top sellers all year long.

I absolutely do not understand this. I'm not saying the game isn't good, but with how difficult it can be, especially with the current community, I cannot imagine so many people jumping in.

Gotta say so far this years sale isn't really reaching the levels of intensity I thought it would.

For me its a mix of having so many things from past sales and all the other steam key sites out there. Like between Humble Bundle Store and Green Man, I've already got plenty before even looking at the Steam sales.

But no Steam Sale has ever lived up to my first. Holy hell that was magical.

Macheezmo

Gotta say so far this years sale isn't really reaching the levels of intensity I thought it would.

Having just got a gaming PC and just starting my Steam library, I'd say that this sale has been pretty great. I'm having a hard time picking games to make sure I stay within my budget. I keep passing on things I want because there's still several days left and I want to see what else is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom