• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

agvlaBB.png

/so good

Just got done with The Talos Principle and it is one of the best puzzlers and pieced together story I have played in some time. It was truly brilliant of the designers to have the story be pieced together with the terminals as you progressed through the game and talking with the serpent. I had some fun messing with his logic which turned out to get me an achievement lol.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Popstar, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Popstar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

HOARD -- MB-B749A19B81360835 - Taken by Strazyplus. 2 entrants total.
Hammerwatch -- MB-1B501D3AAF72E05C - Taken by Flandy. 6 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-41ED81FD891B6134 - Taken by neotokyo360. 9 entrants total.

t1419398584z1.png

I'm guess Bad Rats is like one of the worst designed game ever or something?

It's 19 cents, but it isn't all that bad. I thought it was quite enjoyable.
Can you only enter the drawing for one of the games, or enter like 5 seperate times, one for each game?
. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).
The same goes for multiple entries iirc.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I haven't, I've moved it towards the top of my wishlist for the last day of the sale though. I see that there are multiple games in that series. Would you recommend all of them?
All of the LoK games are great except Blood Omen 2 which is trash. Sadly, though, the PC versions are kinda mediocre. If you don't mind playing with a mouse/keyboard it's not as bad, because controller support is awful (you'll need Xpadder or JoyToKey), but Soul Reaver has some audio glitches, and SR2 is rather unstable (and it has long-ass cut scenes and rare save points... :|). Defiance's port is fine though, still looks very good at high res for a 2003 game. Hell they all still look great for their age, I think.

Here's my review of the SR2 port. Most of my complains apply to SR1 too, but cut scenes are not too long and it saving is not an issue. If the port issues don't deter you and/or you can't get them for consoles, then I'd definitely recommend them all.

SR1 is my favourite gameplay wise. It's got a Metroidvania/Zelda like semi-open structure, with zero hand holding, very old school and some pretty solid puzzle. Level design is amazing. Combat is dated a bit, but serviceable enough. The boss design is really clever too.

SR2 has better production values, and improved combat, but I feel the more linear structure holds it back somewhat. The puzzles are just as good as in the first game, sometimes better because there's less emphasis on blocks this time around. ;)

Defiance is more of an action game though it did retain some puzzle solving too. Gameplay wise it's the weakest of the three, but still a good game and it's worth playing if only for the conclusion of the story, and the PC port is the most stable of the three by far. Combat is just a bit too repetitive. It still looks great for a 2003 game. Then again the art direction is amazing in all of those games so that helps a lot.

Thinking about Murdered Soul Suspect. I've been interested in it ever since its announcement and the user reviews on Steam are pretty positive overall.

What say you GAF?

gabbo

Finally pulled the trigger on my first purchase of the sale and grabbed Walking Dead S2. If it's half as good as the first, well, it'll be pretty damn good.
Should I have heeded any warnings, GAF?

kurahador

Finally pulled the trigger on my first purchase of the sale and grabbed Walking Dead S2. If it's half as good as the first, well, it'll be pretty damn good.
Should I have heeded any warnings, GAF?

Starts out promising, meh on eps 2-4, and eps 5 can be meh or great depending on your choice.

Since we're in Steam thread, I'd say sell off the FC4 and buy Steam games on sale. 1 game vs many many games!

my steam library is up to 200 games. 85% of which I haven't played. Last thing I need is more volume! lol

atm I'm proud of myself for finally playing Gone Home and Dear Esther...games I bought this time *last year*.

Sell off FC4 and use the cash for something else? Work on that 200+ backlog instead of using that FC4 code. By the time you're done with them, there'll probably be some FC4 bundle on sale.

Sch1sm

New Flash:
-20% Ziggurat
-40% Mark of the Ninja
-50% F1 2014
-50% Burnout: Paradise Ultimate
-50% Remember Me
-66% Blackguards

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The cool thing about the Bad Rats roulette giveaways is that BR is so cheap now so that it costs basically nothing to pad out a giveaway with some turd landmines. Hahaha.

Popstar

New Deals Every 12 Hours
Discounts end 24 hours after start

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -75%
Mark of the Ninja -80%
Blackguards -80%
Remember Me -75%
Ziggurat -50%
F1 2014 -66%

agvlaBB.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (VisceralBowl, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AUPeRsu.jpg

MYSTERY GAME #3 -- MB-57E5AC58E6C64C15 - Taken by trailmix16. 3 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME #2 -- MB-6E486CD3897925CF - Taken by pupo. 8 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME -- MB-9470A6BB4AFA5605 - Taken by The Reloader. 7 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME #5 -- MB-81E6E5D9B044F500 - Taken by Flandy. 11 entrants total.
MYSTERY GAME #4 -- MB-7D6D3007BA2156F3 - Taken by Belgarion. 10 entrants total.

t1419402543z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom