• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having just got a gaming PC and just starting my Steam library, I'd say that this sale has been pretty great. I'm having a hard time picking games to make sure I stay within my budget. I keep passing on things I want because there's still several days left and I want to see what else is coming.

Me too lol, this is my first Steam sale where I'm actually buying stuff so I've found plenty to keep me interested. But I get that some people who have a lot of these older games I'm picking up already might not find it that exciting.

I just need more time in the day more than anything else. :(

MrPanic

My first steam sale as well, but I'm not that impressed by it. Picked up quite a number of games, but except for a few games the sales aren't really blowing my mind. Maybe my expectations were too high after hearing people kreygasm over steam sales for so long.

Not sure if this has been posted or is even the place too post, but there's still a few hours left to grab almost every Tomb Raider game including the GOTY of the reboot for 16 bucks.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/tomb-raider-collection-2014/

It's 40 on steam currently.

Yea, I posted it yesterday but nice reminder nonetheless. Don't forget to add the one of the coupons below to get it to below $13 (if you're not paying with GMG credit).

20% off coupon - WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE
22% off coupon - BK0F62-EI6HXM-B8PXY4

Yea, I posted it yesterday but nice reminder nonetheless. Don't forget to add the one of the coupons below to get it to below $13 (if you're not paying with GMG credit).

20% off coupon - WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE
22% off coupon - BK0F62-EI6HXM-B8PXY4

Wait really?! I tried using the 20 percent one last night when I got it and it said voucher couldn't be added!

Wait really?! I tried using the 20 percent one last night when I got it and it said voucher couldn't be added!

I had it from a previous sale, but I tried one of the coupons just now to verify:

oHqUgEx.png

If the "add voucher" button is still greyed out after cutting and pasting, press enter in the text box until it is green (or delete the last letter of the coupon code and replace it again), then press enter again.

Volotaire

Do you guys/girls think that Grimrock 2 will be cheaper during a sale on steam than it currently is on https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/legendofgrimrock2_storefront for 14,29.

Steam has to put on sale for more than 35% to make it cheaper. Do you think it will be on sale for more then that or should i get it from the humble store?

What are the rules of the Steam sales again? Here:

If it is daily/communty/flash this is the cheapest it will go on Steam until january 2nd. (only Steam, could be cheaper elsewhere)

Check these price comparison websites (for against other currencies and the price history)

https://www.steamprices.com/uk
https://steamdb.info/sales/?displayOnly=all&category=0&cc=uk
Enhanced Steam extension
HUKD search if you are in UK
http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/

sthelegend

Neo Member
What are the rules of the Steam sales again? Here:

If it is daily/communty/flash this is the cheapest it will go on Steam until january 2nd. (only Steam, could be cheaper elsewhere)

Check these price comparison websites (for against other currencies and the price history)

https://www.steamprices.com/uk
https://steamdb.info/sales/?displayOnly=all&category=0&cc=uk
Enhanced Steam extension

I know. I was just asking if you guys/girls think if steam will put it up for sale for more than 35% :p

Volotaire

I know. I was just asking if you guys/girls think if steam will put it up for sale for more than 35% :p

Oh sorry for being pedantic. That's a tough one, Grimrock humble sale lasts until tomorrow (for another day and 4 hours) . I think since Legend of Grimrock 2 is at 20% (steam), it will at least go for 33% daily. In £, that will make it still 40p more expensive than the Humble version. But it's more likely it will go for 50% off. It's a tough call.

Aaron D.

Yeah, I've had my eye on this one as well. The problem is that the Humble discount is only good for another 28 hours while the Steam sale, and potential deeper discount, is going for more than a week.

Buy it now at -35% or wait to see if it dips below -20% on Steam over the coming week. It's roughly a $4 difference in the end if nothing changes.

It was up for community vote, but did not win. So I would guess it will get a bigger discount as daily or flash deal!
Dan it, sigh. From experience do games that don't win ever get the bigger discount? Can't believe it didn't win though, real bummer. Really want to have it ready as I just ordered the warthog

Uthred

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=954895.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Last Remnant -- MB-55D8EB23E6FA22AB - Taken by maguskain. 20 entrants total.

t1419440945z1.png

sthelegend

Neo Member
Oh sorry for being pedantic. That's a tough one, Grimrock humble sale lasts until tomorrow (for another day and 4 hours) . I think since Legend of Grimrock 2 is at 20% (steam), it will at least go for 33% daily. In £, that will make it still 40p more expensive than the Humble version. But it's more likely it will go for 50% off. It's a tough call.

Haha np. I get why you did it with so many people not waiting till the dailies.
Guess i'l risk it and wait for the steam sale. If it's only 33% off its just a few extra cents i'l have to pay and i can live with that.

Yeah, I've had my eye on this one as well. The problem is that the Humble discount is only good for another 28 hours while the Steam sale, and potential deeper discount, is going for more than a week.

Buy it now at -35% or wait to see if it dips below -20% on Steam over the coming week. It's roughly a $4 difference in the end if nothing changes.

Yeah i know that's why i was asking, but i think we will certainly see it on the steam sale the only questing is if it will go lower than 35%. At the moment i think i will wait for the steam sale and if it's only a 33% it isn't a great loss for me and i got allot of other games to play till then :p

LuuKyK

Managed not to buy anything so far. I am surprised. Will probably buy something tomorrow I guess. Give in on the xmas spirit. :p

ChuckNyce

Sorry if asked already but has anyone played Ziggurat? This is first time hearing about it but the reviews and videos look pretty neat.

Sorry if asked already but has anyone played Ziggurat? This is first time hearing about it but the reviews and videos look pretty neat.

It's like a cross between Heretic/Hexen and the Binding of Isaac. It was pretty good when a tried a few months ago and it seemed like it was still getting updates. The enemies were a little goofy I remember right.

chronomac

Merry Christmas, everyone.

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_586x192.jpg

SEGA Genesis Classics Pack 4 -- MB-23B9A141BDBC6FA6 - Taken by salazar547. 3 entrants total.
SEGA Genesis Classics Pack 5 -- MB-452ECB38E303ADDE - Taken by Kurt Russell. 5 entrants total.
SEGA Genesis Classics Pack 1 -- MB-2F89713460140D7A - Taken by kurahador. 3 entrants total.
SEGA Genesis Classics Pack 2 -- MB-2A39290897CBAF9E - Taken by Xeroblade. 2 entrants total.
SEGA Genesis Classics Pack 3 -- MB-CC537EE8923D471B - Taken by PunishedSnake. 3 entrants total.

t1419432006z1.png

For reference, here's what comes in each pack:

Pack 1
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Crack Down
Ecco the Dolphin
Gain Ground
Golden Axe
Shadow Dancer
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Space Harrier II

Pack 2
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Ecco Jr.
Eternal Champions
Fatal Labyrinth
Galaxy Force II
Kid Chameleon
Ristar

Pack 3
Alien Storm
Bio-Hazard Battle
Columns III
Decap Attack
Ecco: The Tides of Time
ESWAT: City Under Siege
Flicky
Golden Axe II
Sword of Vermilion

Pack 4
Alien Soldier
Gunstar Heroes
Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole
Light Crusader
Shining Force
Shining Force II
Shining in the Darkness
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2

Pack 5
Beyond Oasis
Dynamite Headdy
Golden Axe III
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
Revenge of the Shinobi
Streets of Rage 3
Vectorman 2

Bytes

Just purchased it and played for like 10 minutes until I died. It's like Paranautical Activity, but far superior (and no death threats!).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-30636B1CB4E1612E - Taken by Maxwood

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-30636B1CB4E1612E - Taken by Maxwood
I couldn't resist.

Anyhow, the game in questions seems to be a title called Racer 8. I've got no interest in it whatsoever, so if you (yes, you!) do want to play it, send a PM.

ZeroCDR

Gotta say so far this years sale isn't really reaching the levels of intensity I thought it would.

Same, at least I don't mind that they kinda toned it down from last year, like with voting only once a day and no huge emphasis on crafting badges. I'm just tired of seeing the same dailies we've been seeing for the last several years that everybody should own by now, meanwhile I'm still waiting on games that got dicked in the community choices during the Summer Sale.

Also, the prices for some of these games are higher than they were in previous sales which is off putting.

LuuKyK

Pay Day is the most unpleasant name ever for a game if you read it in portuguese. The devs clearly must be unaware of it (or not lol).

Barbarian

Kind of tempted on Ziggurat. Never heard of it before, but I do have fond memories of Heretic and Hexen.

That said, I'm hoping for a further price reduction on Battlemage: Lichdom, and the games seem kind of similar (except for the randomization element in Ziggurat).

Possibly because this Steam sale has been a bit underwhelming so far, I am itching to buy something!

LuuKyK

"dia de pagamento"?

I don't get it.

Uhm, I don't mean the literal translation of it, but the sound.

PayDay reads/sounds the same as "peidei", which is literally "I farted". lol

There was this contest going on on the radio, where you could win Pay Day 2, and the girl announcing it was so embarrassed saying it live. I felt bad for her.

chixdiggit

Kind of tempted on Ziggurat. Never heard of it before, but I do have fond memories of Heretic and Hexen.

That said, I'm hoping for a further price reduction on Battlemage: Lichdom, and the games seem kind of similar (except for the randomization element in Ziggurat).

Possibly because this Steam sale has been a bit underwhelming so far, I am itching to buy something!

Shadow Warrior You can thank me later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom