• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag

It surprised me with how good it actually was, I was expecting bottom of the barrel, but it was a nice little tactical-RPG.

I agree. I wasn't expecting much with Blackguards, but ended up enjoying it.

Now, I need to decide if I want to bite on Lords of Xulima at $13.

brassica

Uhm, I don't mean the literal translation of it, but the sound.

PayDay reads/sounds the same as "peidei", which is literally "I farted". lol

There was this contest going on on the radio, where you could win Pay Day 2, and the girl announcing it was so embarrassed saying it live. I felt bad for her.

That's still OK compared to french :
it sounds the same as a pejorative word for homosexual

ChuckNyce

Jeff played it on Unprofessional Friday a couple weeks back (Giantbomb). Looks really cool.

Ziggurat is fun. Bit challenging too. I just made it to the last boss but died. :(

At least I got an achievement for dying there. :p

Just purchased it and played for like 10 minutes until I died. It's like Paranautical Activity, but far superior (and no death threats!).

Thanks folks, gonna pick it up

Miker

I guess I'm holding out for a sale on Shadowrun: Dragonfall: Wordsplice. There's a third campaign happening soon via Kickstarter set in Hong Kong, which is a setting that calls to me, but I feel like I should play Dragonfall first.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Gift- -- MB-ADDC10B87AA28F05 - Taken by VisceralBowl

Grief.exe

Where would be the cheapest place / price to get Dragon Age: Inquisition?

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=dragonageinquisitiondigitaldeluxeedition

IsThereAnyDeal.com is a good site to find the lowest price on videogames.

Remember to use a VPN with Origin to maximize savings.

Just a heads up, I've been doing a lot of reading around GAF the past couple days and the General consensus on DA:I is quite negative.
Sure, there are plenty of people who will enjoy the game, and there is nothing wrong with that. What really strikes me, is even the people defending the game are making major concessions in their arguments.

Granted, even in some of the best games of all time have some issues to concede. System Shock 2, for example, had an ending that was obviously extremely rushed. Of course, that is a small percentage of the entire experience, where with DA:I, people are conceding large elements of the overall design.

Take it or leave it, just giving you fair warning.

Teggy

Hi Gaf! I haven't been around for quite some time now and unfortunately haven't had the chance to lurk much either but I've had this planned for a while...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year all! Have at it and good luck!

I have everything I want from that list, but great giveaway!

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
can anyone give me a quick review of just cause 2? is it fun. thinking about picking this up.
It's one of the most fun games I have ever played, and with a few mods you can make the game twice as fun. Every person should own this game.

unrealist

Remember to use a VPN with Origin to maximize savings.

Just a heads up, I've been doing a lot of reading around GAF the past couple days and the General consensus on DA:I is quite negative.
Sure, there are plenty of people who will enjoy the game, and there is nothing wrong with that. What really strikes me, is even the people defending the game are making major concessions in their arguments.

Granted, even in some of the best games of all time have some issues to concede. System Shock 2, for example, had an ending that was obviously extremely rushed. Of course, that is a small percentage of the entire experience, where with DA:I, people are conceding large elements of the overall design.

Take it or leave it, just giving you fair warning.

Is it just the PC version..?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Ugh, why does Lara Croft and Guardians of Light run so framey?? Is this game just poorly optimized? I loved it on 360 and double dipped during this sale, but the performance is really distracting and off. The sequel on PS4 is equally problematic, so maybe the engine is just garbage inherently.

Still, anything that can be done to make it smooth? Even lowering a bunch of settings bears no impact on the stutter.

Ugh, why does Lara Croft and Guardians of Light run so framey?? Is this game just poorly optimized? I loved it on 360 and double dipped during this sale, but the performance is really distracting and off. The sequel on PS4 is equally problematic, so maybe the engine is just garbage inherently.

Still, anything that can be done to make it smooth? Even lowering a bunch of settings bears no impact on the stutter.

The sequel ran really bad for me on PC as well, so I assume it's an engine/optimization issue.

Teggy

Oops, I already own this :(

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Teggy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Batman Arkham Origins: Season Pass -- MB-338BDDDBD380D621 - Taken by bigwinnerx. 6 entrants total.

t1419439266z1.png

womp

I'm new to this, only been on Steam a month with my new PC....

I see Ys Origin has been on sale for $9.99 since the 18th. Are the chances good it will drop to $4.99 before the end of the sale as it did last year?

Am I doing this right?

I'm at 55 games and counting between this sale and Black Friday. So goooood.

My brother whom is a ten year veteran assures me to stand down.

MBison

Anyone played Book of Unwritten Tales 2? It's on GMG and with 25% off not bad but early access game, never done that. How unfinished does that mean it is?

shaowebb

I see Ys Origin has been on sale for $9.99 since the 18th. Are the chances good it will drop to $4.99 before the end of the sale as it did last year?

Am I doing this right?

Stand down. If its listed till the end of the sale for that you can wait and it generally pays to do so on everything. Many things seem to have bigger one day sort of sale listings during these. Also I highly suggest looking up "Bundle" during this sale and seeing if any publisher bundles catch your eye. Pinball FX2 is incredible and it was one I only got due to summer sale bundles. Telltale, Daedalic and Popcap are other pretty choice bundles.

Am I doing this right?

On sale days, if you see something you want and it isn't at least 75% off, wait until it's a daily or some form of flash deal. If on the last day it hasn't been, go ahead and grab.

No real way to know the chances of it going on a deeper sale since there are so many games on Steam. It's just a waiting game sadly.

Grief.exe

Am I doing this right?

Hold steady.

Ys is consistently the target of a franchise sale.

Am I doing this right?

I would wait. It's been as low as $5 historically (last time being July 10th), so there's no reason it won't be that price again during this sale or in the future. Maybe it will show up as a flash/daily before the end of the sale too.

And what everybody else ^ said. xD

womp

Thanks guys. I noted it said 'until Jan 2' so I didn't see the rush....but this is the perfect test case for me.

Has there been any word about the other Ys games coming to Steam? I've fallen in love with the series and I'd love to have them all in one place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom