• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an idea. At 1:00 AM EST, they're announcing flash deals. If you can guess what one of them is (and I'll have detectiveGAF find out if you cheat), you get it.

Only one winner though. This person is the first one to guess it if there are two right guesses.

No game if no one gets it right.

Oh, and you may only make one guess.

Freedom Planet. Only because i want everyone to buy it.

Articalys

Here's an idea. At 1:00 AM EST, they're announcing flash deals. If you can guess what one of them is (and I'll have detectiveGAF find out if you cheat), you get it.

Only one winner though. This person is the first one to guess it if there are two right guesses.

I'll put in a vote for Astebreed. Missed the bundle it was in a while back.

pahamrick

What the hell.

I'll toss a vote in for Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments.

Popstar

Reposted from Free to a Good Home thread

Be the first to show me one of the following games on your Steam wishlist (added before today - Dec 24), and I have Steam key for that game for you. Probably easiest to just include a link to your wishlist.

Soundodger+ merry xmas Dawnbuster
Antichamber merry xmas Naked Snake
Dust: An Elysian Tail merry xmas tebunker
FEZ merry xmas Mr. Doop
NIGHTS Into Dreams merry xmas JDHarbs
Reus merry xmas Axass
Sonic Generations merry xmas KDash31987
Terraria merry xmas PailNx

pahamrick

Oh, I forgot to post this in here.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays!
Just a little something.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pahamrick, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

CONSORTIUM -- MB-5C3C0C472437753E - Taken by tebunker. 6 entrants total.
UPLINK -- MB-9E32138F53E515A8

t1419481807z1.png

Kriken

I'll take a shot with Child of Light

drgambit

Banned

I will say Divinity: Dragon Commander

Speevy

Banned
If someone correctly guesses that train simulator that costs $10,000 you're just gonna have to settle for something else.

demolitio

The Wolf Among Us.

If someone correctly guesses that train simulator that costs $10,000 you're just gonna have to settle for something else.

Well, it could be on sale for $2,000! :p

Sch1sm

This War of Mine is my guess.

I'll go with Age of Wonders III.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Gifted a copy of Tabletop Simulator to a friend and ended up playing for about an hour and half. It's amazing. Really hope people continue to put stuff up on Steam Workshop for it, as the potential is amazing.

user237

Agarest: Generations of War Zero

I think it's about due for a sale.

UberLevi

Gonna go with Thief.

Speevy

Banned
I'll probably do a cutoff on the guessing about 5 minutes before the deals so I can be sure that no one is seeing it ahead of time.

Bytes

Company of Heroes 2.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Any way of finding out what prices went up for previous dailies? A few games I am looking at but am unclear if the dailies already occurred and what the price difference was while I wait for the final day.

Also, how is Borderlands 2 on PC? I have it already on PS3 through PS+ but haven't played it, would get the PC version with all the DLC if the port is solid.

autoduelist

Satellite Reign

(my other guess were taken)

Moonlight

Banned

Gonna guess Resident Evil 6.

dani_dc

Tbh I only noticed the flash deals like 2 days ago so it might be more but the ones I really regret missing are Metal Gear Rising (still cheap but it was cheaper), Valkiria Chronicles and Killer is Dead.

Ah, hopefully MGR comes back, though since it was "attached" to MGS V sale it's hard to tell.

Both Valkyria Chronicles and Killer is Dead are on sale in HB for as low as they were on Steam for the next 13 hours (both are Steam keys).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

Crypt of the Necrodancer

demolitio

Holy shit, it actually is on sale for $2,000 at this very moment.

No fucking way. I just went with an 80% discount guess...lmao

Train simulators are serious business I guess.

Edit: An actual Christmas miracle just happened and now my speakers are working again. Motherboard might be wonky, but at least I can play games again with my headphones or speakers. What a weird fucking week.

bigzgod

Invisible Inc

ExoSoul

Banned
Ah, hopefully MGR comes back, though since it was "attached" to MGS V sale it's hard to tell.

Both Valkyria Chronicles and Killer is Dead are on sale in HB for as low as they were on Steam for the next 13 hours (both are Steam keys).
My heart! Don't twist the knife....
No PayPal and more importantly no credit card so I can't make that work
Thanks though =)

Blu(e)

Happy Holidays.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Blu(e):
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
-
KjAOaDf.gif
Happy Holidays to all! Hope you got cool games, and if not, hope you win cool games in a giveaway!
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Blu(e), not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fez -- MB-6AAACB479336F61F - Taken by creamfarts. 4 entrants total.

t1419494648z1.png

XBP

Final Fantasy 13-2 (just because I really want a bigger discount on it)

Speevy

Banned
Oh... That kinda kills my enthusiasm for it... The rest of the game is fun so I'm sure it won't be that big of a dent in my impression of it.

No, you should definitely give it a whirl. I love it because it's very relaxing and accessible. It's a very light-hearted experience that doesn't overstay its welcome.

The final boss is just one of those deals where the developer said "Okay, this game needs a boss. Uh...what kind of boss would work in a game like this?"

I rarely finish games and I finished this one, so take that as praise.

Blu(e)

Eh, why not. Valkyria Chronicles.

Banished. I hope it makes it because it is the only game I want.

If My Heart Had Wings
or any other VN, where are the sales on VN's?!

Rogue Legacy

I_C_U-

Neo Member

Psychonauts, maybe?

Sarcasm

The last boss in steamworld dig was way to easy which is okay as the game was fun and relaxing.

Would be weird if it was Uber hard.

And Banished needs to go on sale at least 66% please.

Kanokare

Naruto UNS Revolution.

Trials Evolution. And not deep enough that people will want it.

gogosox82

Legend of Grimrock 2.

Erheller

Door Kickers

DayZ... maybe... hopefully.. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom