• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pranay

Here's an idea. At 1:00 AM EST, they're announcing flash deals. If you can guess what one of them is (and I'll have detectiveGAF find out if you cheat), you get it.

Only one winner though. This person is the first one to guess it if there are two right guesses.

No game if no one gets it right.

Oh, and you may only make one guess.

Final Fantasy 7 :|

cluto

Here's an idea. At 1:00 AM EST, they're announcing flash deals. If you can guess what one of them is (and I'll have detectiveGAF find out if you cheat), you get it.

Only one winner though. This person is the first one to guess it if there are two right guesses.

The Stanley Parable

RedFyn

Divinity original sin.

Haven't seen anyone guess it.

it'll be banished, curse you ramoisdead

Mashing

Hearthstone

SFxT

KarmaCow

Ziggurat is kinda weird, it's a mashup of an older style shooter with a shmup aspect in terms of enemy projectiles. It doesn't quite work, especially when you toss in enemies that have shockwave attacks but it's feels competent enough that i'll continue playing it a bit more. I haven't unlocked any characters besides the first one so maybe something changes with them but I don't know how to describe it other than the game feels like it's missing something. I dunno, maybe something crazier with the weapons? Each run doesn't seem different enough from the last, it doesn't have quite the highs and lows or general variety I like from rogue-like type games. It does seem to get updated so maybe it will come later.

The secret rooms are kinda funny though because they have little blurbs about the developer's previous games where they're pretty frank about them. One of the descriptions said their game wasn't very good.

Transistor

jholmes

Ghostbusters

shockdude

Sine Mora?

Deadbeat

Banned

Im gonna say Doom 3 BFG or some Doom Pack or something. The word Doom.

FF 13

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

I'll say Euro Truck Sim 2. That hasn't been a daily/flash yet IIRC. It generally goes on Flash or Daily so it should show up.

Figured I would make a post about what little I've played of Ziggurat since its sale ends in a few minutes. Ziggurat is a "Rogue-lite" Hexen/Heretic, Jim Sterling's description of it, which seems fairly apt.

Ziggurat is fast paced fantasy fps set in a randomised dungeon. If you die, you get to start all the way back at the beginning. You can carry up to 4 weapons but always start with a basic wand that has rechargeable ammo. The other three weapon types you have to find while progressing through the dungeon and have finite amounts of ammo that are replaced by enemy drops. You gain levels while playing and get to choose between two perks each time you level up. While you don't get to keep the perks if you die, they do level up and are more powerful next time you choose them. The dungeon you progress through has a fixed number of floors (although it looks like there's an endless mode) but each floor is randomised. The basoic gameplay pattern is the same, enter a room, a horde of enemy spawns and you have to clear them out to progress. What keeps it interesting is there tend to be a lot of highly mobile enemies and a lot of projectiles to dodge. The goal is always the same, explore each room, search for weapons, and a key to the boss fight of that floor. You can't save midway through exploring a floor, you can only save after beating a floor.

So far it seems pretty fun but I've only played it for a little under an hour.

Planetary Annihilation

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon

Gunpoint.

Dr.Acula

Banned

Transis-

I kinda feel like saying Transistor just because I really want it xD

fuck!

Umm...

Road Redemption?

Wreckfest(Cause i desperately want it to go lower in price)

Speevy

Banned
Okay guys, to keep it honest, no more voting after this post. I apologize if you were composing your post. If I see the words "edited by" in your post, it's disqualified, obviously.

RedFyn

I was thinking hotline Miami but its already 75%. Too late to change anyways.

What's the difference between kingdom rush on steam and the flash version?
Seems to be a few extra missions. Is that really worth 5 bucks?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I already own ETS2. :x I was just making a guess. I'd honestly want Ghost Recon: Future Soldier to go on a Daily/past $10 on discount, but I know that won't happen due to Ubisoft.

Xenonauts

Dungeom Defenders 2

This war of mine.

toypop

Spare key off my 4-pack purchase.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
-
KjAOaDf.gif
Happy Holidays to all! Hope you got cool games, and if not, hope you win cool games in a giveaway!
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (toypop, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hammerwatch -- MB-6E413F9BF29B116E - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 6 entrants total.

t1419497408z1.png

shadowgate

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Man after putting a couple hours into Lord of the Fallen (and as someone who played and loved all 3 souls games) I really would not recommend it to anyone, personally.

Mashing

Haha, I was going to say Torchlight 2, but it's already in my library so that didn't make much sense to do.

Edit: I'm eally irritated Transistor had a daily. Still 1 more week go, but still.... arrrgh.

Ventara

What?! My psychic powers failed me?!
Congrats to the winner.

Might pick up Among the Sleep. Edit: Oh wait, it's 66% off. 75% or bust. Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom