• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dani_dc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

7908E88C4C6CACB975ECC5CF3ADDCB623F7A8DFE

NiGHTS Into Dreams -- MB-0990E3F810583FE4 - Taken by VaeVictis. 12 entrants total.

t1419483427z1.png

The ultimate Christmas game!
Enjoy!

Sarcasm

Just playing through Dragon Age at the moment.

And I bought Game of Thrones today. That's it.

So your fresh? Definitely worth it. I recommend not buying too many games atm since you can play most in between sales.

Unless your a collector buy everything than.

Dambrosi

Banned
Just bought Ziggurat, no reason not to buy Bully as well.

Can anyone give me a heads-up on Talisman for mostly single-player? Which DLC would I need to get with it? Is it even worth doing, even for 90% off?

Makes me all sad inside that XChainFireX didn't activate Bad Rats he won from me :( The whole spirit of my 4 spelunkys 1 bad rats giveaway has been ruined. How can the Spelunky winner's experience a high if they know that the guy who won the low is still without his suffering :(

I'll activate it when I am ready. Still annoyed at my luck.

Cross-posting from the community thread - enjoy, and have a Merry Christmas!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crazyrabbits, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Ilamentia #3 -- MB-A881C312643DE9EF - Taken by Popstar
Ilamentia #2 -- MB-4D1D521F3F7B46AF - Taken by nja
ulgzbKC.png
Blue Rose (Desura) -- MB-D6C65D3D546A60B3
Kingdom Rush -- MB-F5F91D36D969A166 - Taken by orthodoxy1095
The Dream Machine Chapters 1-3 -- MB-746220EF96E97DB3 - Taken by rrvv
Wickland -- MB-1A6E928F118ACCB9 - Taken by Haunted
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-F192FEED5B71806E - Taken by autoduelist
Hamlet or the Last MMORPG -- MB-4621A825931C785C - Taken by Dambrosi
Yury -- MB-32B73E835A0F7089 - Taken by Purkake4
Betrayer -- MB-817B37FCCF5A5F08 - Taken by Bayonetta
Dreamcast Collection -- MB-5D5D248B38747D00 - Taken by HalfwayOrb
Potatoman Seeks The Troof -- MB-C3C58B259EDF6F4B - Taken by Casimir
Ilamentia -- MB-4D6271991B6A7AC6 - Taken by Kuroyume
Nights Into Dreams -- MB-325A9AF1D0FE2F00 - Taken by almostheathen
PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher 2 (GOG) -- MB-29749A405CA0D64E - Taken by Uiki
War of the Roses Kingmaker -- MB-6B5088392CE2F5E5 - Taken by celsowmbr
Puzzle Kingdoms -- MB-A05E9C2D9A2DF320 - Taken by lindarasta
FootLOL: Epic Fail League -- MB-B03DB596DDF84937 - Taken by roadrunn3r
Fireburst -- MB-6797E5B03346B243 - Taken by Chreznor
Soulbringer -- MB-94D86767AE944F5B - Taken by drizzle
Dead Hungry Diner -- MB-86070E84DA1EA8EA
Depth Hunter 2 -- MB-B18A2743AA024E67 - Taken by Ventara

fenners

Can anyone give me a heads-up on Talisman for mostly single-player? Which DLC would I need to get with it? Is it even worth doing, even for 90% off?

It's an old-school roll & move fantasy game that isn't very interesting by modern boardgame standards... IMO.

Haunted

Just real quick, and I'm sure it's been asked a bunch (sorry!):

Is Lords of the Fallen worth it at that price?
You like any of the Souls games?

Classic deliberate melee combat games in a fantasy setting like Severance, Rune, Enclave?

Aye, this is a game for you.

how is Bully performance in PC?
In relative terms, it's pretty bad for how it looks and what its requirements should be, but in absolute terms, it's absolutely fine since you can brute force it with pretty much any PC built in the last X years.

Haunted

Yeah I would say the Souls games are some of my favorite games, with Demon's being near the top 5 mark.
I think you are going to enjoy Lords of The Fallen and a deal for 20 bucks this close to release is good value and one which I would recommend.

Though it's clearly not without its flaws, I'm really having a great time with it at the moment. It's the game that managed to drag me away from the Binding of Isaac: Rebirth binge I was on. :D

demolitio

What a great time for my motherboard to crap out and Windows to get corrupted. Missed the last few days and still don't have sound on my computer. A Christmas miracle!

At least I could vote on my phone. Does Bully hold up well just to experience it?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
so far:

Dark Souls 1&2
Borderlands Pre-Sequel
Killer is Dead
Goat Simulator
Five Nights at Freddy's 1&2
LOTR War in the North
Depth
Lord of the Fallen
Game of Thrones
Fable Anniversary
Valiant Hearts
Mount Your Friends
Sate of Decay DLCs
Tales from Borderlands (GMG)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD (amazon)

My poor wallet!!!! Dam you steam!!

Hoping for I am Bread

mrks

Neo Member
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (mrks, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul (DLC) -- MB-C537C97062B45306
PAYDAY 2 - Lycanwulf and The One Below Masks -- MB-000A774901F6E1D7 - Taken by XChainfireX. 4 entrants total.

t1419491228z1.png
[/QUOTE]

Speevy

Banned
Here's an idea. At 1:00 AM EST, they're announcing flash deals. If you can guess what one of them is (and I'll have detectiveGAF find out if you cheat), you get it.

Only one winner though. This person is the first one to guess it if there are two right guesses.

No game if no one gets it right.

Oh, and you may only make one guess.

ExoSoul

Banned
Here's an idea. At 1:00 AM EST, they're announcing flash deals. If you can guess what one of them is (and I'll have detectiveGAF find out if you cheat), you get it.

Only one winner though. This person is the first one to guess it if there are two right guesses.

I kinda feel like saying Transistor just because I really want it xD

There's usually a repeat of the best deals on the last day.
Thank you, I hope the ones I missed make the cut.

Ventara

Legend of Grimrock 2. Does being psychic count as cheating?

dani_dc

Defense Grid 2

Thank you, I hope the ones I missed make the cut.
Which ones are you regretting missing?

Escape Goat 2

Chiggs

Gold Member
Lords of the Fallen is actually pretty decent. I mean, it's no Dark Souls, but it's not the piece of crap some publications and websites made it out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom