• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

autoduelist

Breach and Clear was kinda disappointing. Clearly constrained by mobile design. I'd skip it and move to Door Kickers or Endless.

Oh, I agree... I'm deep into it. I'm enjoying playing it on Insane with Permadeath, it wasn't close to a challenge on even 'hard'. It's got severe limitations (no 'wait' command, etc) but now that I'm on Insane I've discovered it really has a nice groove. I can't do everything I want (like timing an entry 2 seconds after throwing a flashbang) but I'm enjoying the game within it's own confines.

That said? Door Kickers looks like a dream game to me. So does Dungeon of the Endless, though. The big difference being that I own DotE already and can't afford Door Kickers right now, so that's that.

BasilZero

Star Wars Force Unleashed is on flash....but its 66% :9

Also gotta save the monies for some other games...so I guess still nothin for me yet.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone not getting mirror's edge and has the ability to play it at 1080p is missing out in one if the truly gorgeous games.

It's also one of the better examples of hardware-accelerated PhysX. Some actual thought went into how the additional processing power could be used to augment the visual experience in a way that didn't feel offensively ostentatious.

What do you actually do in Bully? Are there quests? Stat/skill building?

Seems like a linear game from what I could glean from the little description Steam has.

Torchlight I is actually pretty mediocre, skip it. Torchlight II is great fun for a single play through with each class. A full playthrough with all sidequests is around 24-25 hours. After that, it depends on how much you are into online co-op. Still, for that price, you can't go wrong.

autoduelist

What do you actually do in Bully? Are there quests? Stat/skill building?

Seems like a linear game from what I could glean from the little description Steam has.

Yes, and yes? But not... quite the same as most games? The school has a lot of clics and you sort of have to 'conquer' them. It's a classic. Gameplay may be a bit clunky now but it's vintage Rockstar.

KarmaCow

After going through my steam library, making new categories I found RainBlood Chronicles: Mirage. It's basically 2D DMC (one of the character's attacks revolve around summoned swords) with an old Chinese style story as a backdrop and I remember liking it when I first played it. Then went into the steam forums and realised the game seems to be dead. The latest patch to fix achievements from a year ago has to be installed manually which is so bizarre. Last I heard, there was a problem between the devs and the publisher and considering the game isn't on sale along with the patch situation, it's such a shame. The game is good and it's so unique but it seems like it's doomed to be forgotten.

Cerity

What's on flash atm? Region blocked for a few games, can't even see them

g2gVZum.png

DocSeuss

That really does look phenomenal. I kind of ignore all EA releases, but now I've gotta try it. I'm sold.

I had fun writing the article too. Got to replay Jacknife like three times or so. Super fun.

Game's use of saturated color and pre-baked global illumination is incredible. Really wish the sequel wasn't aiming for that desaturated look.

Is XCOM Enemy Unknown worth getting at $7.50? How well does it compare with the original form 1993?

Loved the game, even if it is more of a board game than the original.

hitoshi

Merry Christmas

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
-
KjAOaDf.gif
Happy Holidays to all! Hope you got cool games, and if not, hope you win cool games in a giveaway!
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hitoshi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Krunch -- MB-12DFF9C4B97BB391 - Taken by rainking187
Lucid -- MB-D9DBFE4671D1F50E - Taken by Diedac

ModBot said:
ModBot Basics:
-
KjAOaDf.gif
Happy Holidays to all! Hope you got cool games, and if not, hope you win cool games in a giveaway!
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hitoshi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher 2 (GOG) -- MB-C55A28AA2CC3213B - Taken by TMC. 2 entrants total.

t1419504728z1.png

Yes, and yes? But not... quite the same as most games? The school has a lot of clics and you sort of have to 'conquer' them. It's a classic. Gameplay may be a bit clunky now but it's vintage Rockstar.

I guess my concern is that for an "open-world' game it takes place on a campus so I'm unsure how much I can roam around freely.

Having said that, it's cheap so I'll take the plunge. Thanx!

Is XCOM Enemy Unknown worth getting at $7.50? How well does it compare with the original form 1993?

Totally get it, even if you don't get the expansion. Actually, it's a lot more faithful to the original game if you don't get the expansion (I'm really not a fan of genetic and robotic enhancement stuff) - the only thing I miss not having from the expansion is the base defense mission. That said, I'll probably get the expansion at one point myself. Honestly, it's been too expensive for too long, and this sale doesn't really bring it to the level I want it at ($5 or so).

XBP

It plays fine on PC.And is a steal for that price.I cant comment on HD Texture or 1080P.last time i played it was just a straight port of the console version

I've finished half the game on my ps2 but because it broke down back then I could never complete the game. Really considering buying it for this price though. Decisions....

It just occurred to me that I wouldn't mind grabbing a copy of Arx Fatalis if it were dirt cheap.. Only to find that it has no price tag on Steam (at least where I live).. What gives?

autoduelist

The overworld/strategy meta-game is stripped down and streamlined into something 'accessible' -- only one base, less multitasking (you don't control your ships flying around, etc), etc. On the other hand, the tactical combat is quite good, feels like a modern take on everything.

All in all, despite the changes, highly recommended. Besides, every dollar they get increases the odds we get more.

I guess my concern is that for an "open-world' game it takes place on a campus so I'm unsure how much I can roam around freely.

Having said that, it's cheap so I'll take the plunge. Thanx!

The world is fairly small, but iirc (it's been a long time) it isn't just the campus, but some of the local town too (not an entire town, but i do remember a beach house or something). It's just more focused than GTA/RDR... more like, say, The Warriors (although it's not really anything like The Warriors).

UberLevi

Should I pick up Lords of the Fallen for $20? I'm interested in the game itself, but I've heard some negative impressions on the technical end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom