• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfaex

I'm this close to buying that Star Wars RTS. If it were $5 I'd already have it, which seems silly. $1.80 holding me back.

Flayer

Pretty disappointing sale so far it seems. All the games I'd want to buy are having really low discounts compared to previous sales. I guess because they are putting newer games on sale?

Sendou

There is no excuse for not getting Super Meat Boy. What are you waiting for?

I'm playing through it right now and I'm not such a big fan. I guess it doesn't help that the last 2D platformer I played was Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. It's just so much behind a game like that in every aspect possible. On top of that it's a mess. I need to launch it twice before I can get to the game because first time always results in a crash. Alt+tabbing seems impossible too.

Now Micrrosoft owns Minecraft tomorrow's daily deal will be 25% off Minecraft for Steam and you won't be able to migrate your Minecraft.net account over, so everyone has to- and will buy it again just for Steam achievements and cards.

Happy Christmas from Phil Spencer.

edit. None of my Playfire achievments are tracking which is a bummer. The log is tracking that I've played the game, even achievements for other games but not for Bastion or Alien. Oh well.

Anteater

i voted on hot pursuit, game is great, run and look incredibly awesome too.

mhdl7.jpg
jlfwz.jpg

9zu10.jpg
q6utt.jpg

Volotaire

I'm playing through it right now and I'm not such a big fan. I guess it doesn't help that the last 2D platformer I played was Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. It's just so much behind a game like that in every aspect possible. On top of that it's a mess. I need to launch it twice before I can get to the game because first time always results in a crash. Alt+tabbing seems impossible too.

I don't agree with the Tropical Freeze comparison. Granted, I've only played DKC Returns (and the original trilogy), but I feel the precise platforming, speed and speed of death transitions of Super Meat Boy help it to make it one of the finest 2D platformers. Although, that is not to say it's a game without faults. There are some difficulty inconsistencies that I wish were vastly improved in the game, some level design and optional characters not being optimised of very level in the game.

UnrealEck

Lords of The Fallen is tempting but there's loads of horror stories surrounding it and the metascore isn't particularly encouraging.

Sendou

I don't agree with the Tropical Freeze comparison. Granted, I've only played DKC Returns (and the original trilogy), but I feel the precise platforming, speed and speed of death transitions of Super Meat Boy help it to make it one of the finest 2D platformers. Although, that is not to say it's a game without faults. There are some difficulty inconsistencies that I wish were vastly improved in the game, some level design and optional characters not being optimised of very level in the game.

The level design simply isn't as strong.

Although I guess this very strongly comes down to your preferences. It's just a very different kind of platformer at its core. Oh and Tropical Freeze is a lot better game than Returns. Highly recommended.

Volotaire

The level design simply isn't as strong.

Although I guess this very strongly comes down to your preferences. It's just a very different kind of platformer at its core. Oh and Tropical Freeze is a lot better game than Returns. Highly recommended.

I've been meaning to get Tropical Freeze for a long time now. Returns was one of my favourite platformers.

Zeknurn

Now Micrrosoft owns Minecraft tomorrow's daily deal will be 25% off Minecraft for Steam and you won't be able to migrate your Minecraft.net account over, so everyone has to- and will buy it again just for Steam achievements and cards.

Happy Christmas from Phil Spencer.

I'd be happy to buy Minecraft again if Microsoft replaced Java with something not completely terrible. They should just port back the Xbox version to PC.

Hmmm. Got an Amazon gift card today, so here's hoping for some good price matches from them. The cross-section of games I don't have and games I'm interested in is fairly narrow at this point though. And Banished isn't on Amazon, so that's out for a "freebie".

Will have to wait and see if there's anything good left.

Well my Christmas is pretty shit, here's to hoping they put South Park with a high discount or something else good.

Otherwise I'm just going to go drown myself in a bottle of fucking whiskey.

NIN90

I'm confused here. I have no intention of buying Trace Vector but I find its OST rad so I figured I'd buy the OST on Steam.

capture6jrfi.png

As you can see there are two options of buying the OST with one of them being 0.50€ more expensive. I guess the cheaper option is just an upgrade of the base game and the more expensive one is the standalone, but both store pages say that they need the base game to function.

dani_dc

i voted on hot pursuit, game is great, run and look incredibly awesome too.

I really wanted to play this game more often, but the time it takes from going to onde race to the next completely takes me out or the game.

The amount of useless screens after a race (including what are essentially advertising for the cars) were at parody levels.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm confused here. I have no intention of buying Trace Vector but I find its OST rad so I figured I'd buy the OST on Steam.

capture6jrfi.png

As you can see there are two options of buying the OST with one of them being 0.50€ more expensive. I guess the cheaper option is just an upgrade of the base game and the more expensive one is the standalone, but both store pages say that they need the base game to function.

Generally speaking you can't buy DLC without owning the base game. Despite the price discrepancy, both packages (46817 and 48477) contain just the soundtrack and nothing else; the base game being required (or not) is handled via a flag that's applied to the app itself, so offering separate packages doesn't actually achieve anything, as you've noticed.

Freezard

Come on, I know RE4 will be 75% off tonight... I can feel it! Also I hope TDU2 will be on sale since I've already played Hot Pursuit.

Anteater

I really wanted to play this game more often, but the time it takes from going to onde race to the next completely takes me out or the game.

The amount of useless screens after a race (including what are essentially advertising for the cars) were at parody levels.

haha yeah, i kind of hate those unskippable videos and screens, it just comes with most EA games unfortunately, and it's one of the things I didn't like about burnout paradise.

Wark

Despite the negative things I'm hearing about Lords of the Fallen, I'm really tempted to pick it up. Part of me is telling me to wait until the game is cheaper though. I guess I could take that time and finally play through all of Dark Souls 2.

I'm hoping something pops up that I really want when the deals reset.

Mogwai

Despite the negative things I'm hearing about Lords of the Fallen, I'm really tempted to pick it up. Part of me is telling me to wait until the game is cheaper though. I guess I could take that time and finally play through all of Dark Souls 2.

I'm hoping something pops up that I really want when the deals reset.
It's pointless to play LotF if you haven't finished DS2. LotF is pretty, but it's quite shallow in the gameplay department.

Wait until it's cheaper.

Qurupeke

Wow at Super Meat Boy. I have to wait till Monday to charge my prepaid card but thankfully I managed to get this one.

Also, will Skyrim still be on sale until Monday? I'm still pretty new to Steam so I'm not sure how will these kind of sales last.

Sch1sm

Wow at Super Meat Boy. I have to wait till Monday to charge my prepaid card but thankfully I managed to get this one.

Also, will Skyrim still be on sale until Monday? I'm still pretty new to Steam so I'm not sure how will these kind of sales last.

Skyrim's staying that price until the 2nd. You're good. It was cheaper before, though, as it was a daily.

Volotaire

Skyrim's staying that price until the 2nd. You're good. It was cheaper before, though, as it was a daily.

They may do repeat sales on the last 2 days where Skyrim will repeat. that will proabably be the best chance to get Skyrim. Also, if it does, get the GOTY edition. it has all the DLC and is much, much cheaper than buying them individually.

Sch1sm

Lower price for Skyrim is pretty sure to repeat, so I'd recommend waiting.

Yeah. It was sitting top sellers the 48h it was available at that price, too. In fact, it was still in top sellers when I was looking through last night. Wouldn't be surprised at all.

ppor

Anyone seeing weird performance issues with USF4?

After turning on fight request, I get intense stuttering in training mode. But once I finally get into an online match, it runs fine. Is this caused by that buggy Steam P2P matchmaking issue?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Mokoi, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mokoi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Evil Within -- MB-22E240BE653DE2B8 - Taken by Metalic Sand. 175 entrants total.

t1419566288z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom