• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sisters bought me Steam credit for the sale for Christmas

I would like to use it this year but Valve ain't giving me any reason to.

This sale period has been complete garbage

derExperte

Does that mean it wont be on flash again?

Very likely it won't since we haven't seen any repeats yet (which I appreciate and means we should actually see more games on sale even with the longer flash runtime).

There is a region locked title on the 12 hour deals, I assume it's a GFWL title. Any clue on which one?

Probably Secret World. Or Sleepy Dawgs in Germany. Football Manager too.

joeblow

The Legend of Grimlock II is now listed at -30% off under the "New Deals Every 12 Hours" section. Is it OK to buy it now, or is it possible to be discounted even more if placed later on under the "Daily Deals" section?

Grief.exe

I've realized that most of the games I want at this point are really niche and not likely to show up on the main page of Steam. Especially when Valve are adding thousands of games per year, but actually decreasing the number of daily/flash/community discounts.

CoD 4 only 50% off. Nope.
STILL worth it.

I played through the single player this year, really hasn't held up.

If you are looking for the COD games, keep an eye on the mac version discounts. These get down to $5 every once in a while.

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/call-of-duty-2-mac-steam

Steam's sale is so bad. GMG and Amazon seem to have the better deals. Can't believe I've just sat and watched the Football Manager price go from £18 to £20...

KiDdYoNe

2biY1aM.png

Dat Commandos price.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Isn't Test Drive Unlimited the precursor to Forza Horizon?

aku:jiki

I bought Torchlight 2 and after creating two characters and spending an hour each, I now remember why I haven't touched this genre in like 15 years. Click, click, click, click, click...click...click...click... It's practically a brain damage simulator.

Also, who broke the store? Gabe fix it pls. I'm trying to see if Dungeon Defenders Eternity is as bad as they say now that it's dirt cheap.

It's not always accurate. It happened to me once where i have away some un redeemed keys only to wake up to a steam message saying games had been revoked from my account due to payment issues. I now no longer own alpha protocol.
I don't really get what you're saying... Why didn't you contact Humble about that? You paid for the bundle, it was not advertised as timed and you do in fact own Alpha Protocol and they do owe you a key.

Was thinking about getting Grid: Autosport, but after looking for some impressions of it, it seems like a competent racer, but not much more, where the career mode seems dull. Anyone who disagress with that impression?

Sarcasm

Ha! Thanks, I see now. GFWL is by far the worst that happened over here in terms of region locks over here...

So, now I see Planetary Annihilation is 80% off and I'm debating between that and the X-COM games, which one should I pick?

X-COm...yea in Taiwan by chance?

I just use the NA site to browse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom