• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Contagion?

Eh, it was okay, it looks nice and shooting is good, but it's not particularly fun, and about 90% of the servers I joined people bitched about me not knowing what to do as there's no real tutorial and no real clear direction as to what to do in game, the difficulty curve is kind of high and the people playing were jerks last time I played.

Well, I like Grimrock 2 a lot more than 1. The only complaint I have is that the battle system still rewards silly circle dancing, and that was always going to be the case and I can live with it.

The current deal is really not.. that great, though. If I hadn't finished Grimrock 1, I'd certainly keep digging at it and wait for the spring sale or something. It will eventually hit 66%+ off.

Pezus

Yeah, this has been discussed before but because we're all super rich British people we should pay extra or something. Not that it matters right now, since it's cheaper on Amazon.

Yeah well I live in Iceland (where everything is more expensive than in the US) yet I see US prices

fuzzyset

Is 45$ a decent price for CoD AW? My nephews got it for 360 today and I think my CoD itch is flairing up after being dormant for a couple years.

Vote for Dust: An Elysian Tale on the community vote folks. Fantastic metroidvania style game, and all coded by a 1-man team. And the winner discount knocks it down to 47p or something!

Durante

The current deal is really not.. that great, though. If I hadn't finished Grimrock 1, I'd certainly keep digging at it and wait for the spring sale or something. It will eventually hit 66%+ off.
Well, every game (which isn't in a $1 bundle or 90%+ off) will eventually get cheaper.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I want a good sale on the older Call of Duties. Never played World at War nor MW2 and wouldn't mind dropping a five for an SP go.

aku:jiki

You can click and hold for a lot of it. That said, I do agree that the genre feels a bit stale to me. Torchlight 2 did make a bunch of usability improvements, but it just couldn't hold my interest as much as the first one for some reason.
I played the first one on console and, maybe it's stupid, but to me it makes a big difference to use one input method to control the character movement and another to control combat. So stick to move, buttons to attack and use items. One mouse button to do everything just drains all the thought right out of it and all you do is click.

(I know you can hold but enemies spaz around too much, better to just mash LMB in their general direction.)

Well, I like Grimrock 2 a lot more than 1. The only complaint I have is that the battle system still rewards silly circle dancing, and that was always going to be the case and I can live with it.
While I agree to an extent, I think we have to recognize that Almost Human actually put a lot of effort into killing squaredancing for Grimrock 2. Most rooms don't allow for it, and you generally have to do more elaborate dances to stick and move effectively.

It's the kind of sequel that really, truly does everything better than its predecessor. Only minor complaint might be that Mt. Grimrock was a little more atmospheric and spooky than Isle of Nex.

cicero

I hate to be nothing more than a broken complaint record, but wasn't The Secret World at 75% off last summer? Now we get a 66% discount... This seems to be the case far more often than I have ever noticed before. At the least matching previous non-price error deals should be the norm... I keep sitting here with money I refuse to spend on lesser deals.

I actually got pretty far into it, up to the ice lizards where I hit a brick wall and felt I had to make a better party or grind it out.

Volotaire

I'm sorry to the previous poster regarding The Legend of Grimrock 2. I thought it would go for at least 33%, but it went for 30% in the end on a daily.

I thought Autosport was a return to form for Codemasters. I was more of a fan of the TOCA games than the recent GRID/DIrt games, and Autosport felt like they refocused on the actual racing.

But how is the carreer mode? I know that it's missing a bunch of stuff that was in Grid 1, but is it still fun? Does it have any kind of choices, bonus challenges, or whatever? Any kind of interesting series with promotion/relegation? Or is it just a linear row of races, after which you unlock stuff?

Durante

While I agree to an extent, I think we have to recognize that Almost Human actually put a lot of effort into killing squaredancing for Grimrock 2. Most rooms don't allow for it, and you generally have to do more elaborate dances to stick and move effectively.

It's the kind of sequel that really, truly does everything better than its predecessor. Only minor complaint might be that Mt. Grimrock was a little more atmospheric and spooky than Isle of Nex.
I agree, it's much better than it was in 1. The only way to eliminate it would be to introduce some kind of engagement lock/disengagement penalty.

Drakhyrr

Some really good deals at Nuveem. I have not bought anything there before, anything I should be aware of?

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/promo/ressaca-fimdeano

what I am considering buying:
http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2565-alien-isolation
Should I buy the season pass as well?

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/508-dragon-age-ii

Beware the region lock on Alien: Isolation, unless you're from South America. Always look for it, a little below the price on the game's page.

Does anyone here have experience with GRID Autosport or Assetto Corsa on toasters? I've been eyeing both those racers for months, especially since Project CARS was delayed. The only problem is the lack of a demo for either (iirc) and I'd be more interested if I can run my game on the laptop where I spend most of my gaming and computer time.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2008029

I've got a nice mid range PC that will slaughter both of them, but laptops are just so comfortable for me. I really wish there were a demo so I could test it on the laptop above.

SmithnCo

Is it worth picking up South Park if I never watched the show or is the game only for hardcore SP fans?

There are a ton of references to the show but I think you can play it just fine without having seen it. Though you might want to watch the episodes that tie in with the game to get the whole experience.

Vastag

Some really good deals at Nuveem. I have not bought anything there before, anything I should be aware of?

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/promo/ressaca-fimdeano

Yep, nuuvem always has great sales (even more with the reais-euro change). The games in this sale change daily (at least some of them), but I don't know how to spot the new daily sales, you have to look the whole list :-/.

Region locked games are also clearly tagged :

REGION LOCKED: Esse jogo não poderá ser ativado fora da América do Sul

If you can't add some game to the cart, use a VPN like hola.

Purchasing Gone Home at 80% off for a friend, surprised to find the wealth of negative reviews for it. You really need to scroll quite far before you find even one positive.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/232430/reviews/?browsefilter=trendthreemonths&snr=1_5_reviews_&p=1

I was hyped for this game and I won it in a giveaway... only played it for 10 or 15 minutes before getting bored. I think I expected the environment to be more pleasing to the eyes, and I'm not a fan of reading in games :\

S1n1st3r

Banned
I find that is the case a lot of the time. The game will be "Mostly Positive" or something similar and the first 15 will be negative reviews.

I like it this way. I glean more from negative reviews than from positive ones even for games I'm confident I would enjoy. They really highlight the problems that creep up.

Teeth

Is there a chance arma 3 would get a hugeeee discount ?

Also Resident Evil pls ;_; Gaben-samaaa

Resident Evil games are on sale at Green Man Gaming right now. Using the additional 25% off code from the front page of their site will drop the prices lower than they will be on Steam, almost guaranteed.
You have about 16 hours left.

I want to ask for those who played Amnesia, I have this problem where the game keeps minimizing the window which causes the game to back to default settings. Also this keeps happening during my playthrough which was really annoying. How do I fix this problem?

legacyzero

Banned
I have learned my lesson. I will no longer be loading my Steam Wallet prior to sales anymore. Not with all these other, better sales happening at other sites.

autoduelist

2biY1aM.png

Dat Commandos price.

Quick, buy a million of them.

I'm looking at Grimrock 2 and Lords of Xulima, and I'm really tempted. I haven't finished Grimrock 1, but I'm planning to start over and try again with a better party. Anything to push me over the edge and get them?

I also got Might and Magic X (which runs like ass, but I like it) and Shadow Warrior this sale.

I bought the first Grimrock full price and it was worth every penny, but am too broke this year to splurge on 2. Can't wait to eventually get it, though.

Your post got me excited that Xulima might be a daily. Still only 30% though.

garath

Wow. That seems like a good price on South Park. Lowest I've seen so far?

Looks like a really good game even though my fondness for South Park humor has faded a bit.

Might be only the third game I've gotten this sale lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom