• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

shockdude

I got NFSHP, downloading it now. Will let you know how it runs soon.
I'm using a laptop with an Nvidia GT 755m, which is pretty much a GTX 650, so your experiences will likely be better than mine haha.

Decado

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for Decado:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
-
KjAOaDf.gif
Happy Holidays to all! Hope you got cool games, and if not, hope you win cool games in a giveaway!
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Decado, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Unholy Heights -- MB-6A1C68A6440CCAD3 - Taken by Haunted
KickBeat Steam Edition -- MB-9BB59F8BCCAFF63C - Taken by BernardoOne
Puzzle Bots -- MB-1EA9C820AD9DEFD6
Terraria -- MB-96F608BFC9C6DBD9 - Taken by His Majesty
Superfrog HD -- MB-39D7778F32C14CBD - Taken by Purkake4
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-A9AE16D81ABE2DFB - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft
Worms Pinball -- MB-A6B995D2D6DA0B29
One Way Heroics -- MB-AB2C07A209594B4D - Taken by Rawket Lawnchair
Cave Story Plus -- MB-D58E019693A2FC64 - Taken by MrPanic
Worms Ultimate Mayhem -- MB-0B6FFA71C9CCAF8C - Taken by MBison
Worms Blast -- MB-C8D1CE33D79F44B1
Always Sometimes Monsters -- MB-D6D23EC29DE31496 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

Merry Christmas! I should have another up fairly soon, too.

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
-
KjAOaDf.gif
Happy Holidays to all! Hope you got cool games, and if not, hope you win cool games in a giveaway!
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Viking -- MB-68538B88C89C3637 - Taken by bloke
Total War Rome II DLC -- MB-6A918B12978D0A43 - Taken by Honey Bunny
Company of Heroes 2 DLC -- MB-4BDEF26EA6E0066B - Taken by Decado
Frozen Synapse Multiplayer -- MB-9E1288C43B7E836E - Taken by JoduanER2

So Uplay can autologin if you launch it from steam now. I play ubi games once a year at most, so this is a relief, since I forget not only the pass, but even the user.

=)

drakaenae

ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
-
KjAOaDf.gif
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (drakaenae, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Coldfire Keep -- MB-CE3110FBB85C2BB4 - Taken by TheMadMan007
Into the Dark Ultimate Trash Edition -- MB-90E4A0DD910F7EE3 - Taken by jakomocha
Sacraboar -- MB-33F2CE1263C16C07 - Taken by Dingotech
RIP Trilogy -- MB-B0747981A75F64B1 - Taken by lindarasta
Snuggle Truck -- MB-B1E1AAC05FC51D3C - Taken by SSPssp

drakaenae

Forgot about these
ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
-
KjAOaDf.gif
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (drakaenae, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

C Rush -- MB-73BA1740D3A53FC4 - Taken by MBison
Metal Planet -- MB-F4F60839203191D2 - Taken by Renusek
Ichi -- MB-AEF5262B3DB08ED3 - Taken by C4rter
Vanguard Princess -- MB-2C534DA4F26CAD10 - Taken by creamfarts
Woodle Tree Adventures -- MB-69493E3080AF901F - Taken by Wark
Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition -- MB-CCFF3EEA27D81470 - Taken by JoduanER2
Rhythm Destruction -- MB-B1E1439FF8D32F8A - Taken by Naked Snake
Grimind -- MB-4CE768B791300B43 - Taken by electroflame
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-1B446ADEAA225A6F - Taken by kcp12304
Frozen Hearth -- MB-E1202577B4E1BC05

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Vanguard Princess was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

MBison

Anyone play The Secret World? I know it's a mmo with no subscription required but can you play as a single player, is it worth it? I know nothing about the game just know it's by the creator of Dreamfall and I like those games.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Anyone play The Secret World? I know it's a mmo with no subscription required but can you play as a single player, is it worth it? I know nothing about the game just know it's by the creator of Dreamfall and I like those games.
I've had it installed a while but haven't made a profile for it yet. From what I gather it is totally soloable.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Sendou, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sendou, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shovel Knight -- MB-BD4A64EEAE8F5585 - Taken by Relaxed Muscle. 160 entrants total.

t1419548287z1.png

Wark

I think my favorite thing about that game was how some of the questing was implemented. For example, in investigation quests, you would have to find clues somewhere in-game or you would sometimes have to Google something to solve a riddle - like certain Latin words or historical events - in order to progress in a quest. Those type of quests may not be everyone's cup of tea because it isn't an arrow pointing the player to their next destination, but I found them to be a nice breath of fresh air.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any problems to activate a gifted uncut copy of South Park in Germany?

MBison

I think my favorite thing about that game was how some of the questing was implemented. For example, in investigation quests, you would have to find clues somewhere in-game or you would sometimes have to Google something to solve a riddle - like certain Latin words or historical events - in order to progress in a quest. Those type of quests may not be everyone's cup of tea because it isn't an arrow pointing the player to their next destination, but I found them to be a nice breath of fresh air.

Sounds cool, so fine if I play as a primary solo player?

The storytelling in The Secret World is unparalleled in the MMO world. There are many interesting characters with dramatic stories to tell and the voice acting is superb. Most of the quests are likewise engaging. You've got your standard fetch quests but there are also stealth missions and investigation missions. These require you to think outside the box and use the in-game internet browser. The world of the Secret World is equally amazing. It features legends, fairy tales and other supernatural phenomena adapted to the modern society. The only letdown of this game is the combat and you'll be doing a lot of it. So if you can stomach that, you're in for a real treat.

Still a few keys left. Also, another giveaway. This time, for this thread.

ModBot said:
Instructions for ramoisdead:

I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
-
KjAOaDf.gif
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ramoisdead, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Bit Trip Runner -- MB-558DB8C76E5B29C5 - Taken by mrks
Bad Hotel -- MB-4D696AE45C9B1478 - Taken by Haunted
Bardbarian -- MB-580CC30C928427BF - Taken by alr1ght
Worms Pinball -- MB-081AAEE9229F5685 - Taken by neonglow
Overcast: Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-8A5B02FDE9BB9591 - Taken by OmarYusaf
Gun Monkeys -- MB-A46EB15A8D67B8DD
Pinball FX2: Doctor Strange table -- MB-397E374873DC599F - Taken by Henry Swanson
The Ship: Complete Pack -- MB-78592CB2553E36F8 - Taken by Benedict

Wark

Sounds cool, so fine if I play as a primary solo player?

For the most part, yeah. I actually played the majority of the game by myself. There are some solo builds (with healing and support skills) that'll probably help out a lot.

The storytelling in The Secret World is unparalleled in the MMO world. There are many interesting characters with dramatic stories to tell and the voice acting is superb. Most of the quests are likewise engaging. You've got your standard fetch quests but there are also stealth missions and investigation missions. These require you to think outside the box and use the in-game internet browser. The world of the Secret World is equally amazing. It features legends, fairy tales and other supernatural phenomena adapted to the modern society. The only letdown of this game is the combat and you'll be doing a lot of it. So if you can stomach that, you're in for a real treat.

This sums out exactly how I felt about the game.

Sober

This. DD is pretty bad. Orcs Must Die is much better in every way.
Definitely recommend OMD as well. OMD2 is pretty great as well, but there are plenty of times where I feel like it was meant to play co-op (with how maps are put together) and get way more overwhelming than the first game ever was.

BasilZero

Dungeon Defenders isn't very fun, even with a group.

If you are looking for a tower defense game, check out Orcs Must Die.

I agree with this.

Dungeon Defenders is OK at first...but its not as exciting as it should be.

I've played both alone and with a group and have dropped off it entirely (might get back into it in the future) but Orcs Must Die is one of the best tower defense games I've played though.

Wish they would make a 3rd one instead of a MOBA D:

Volotaire

Will I have any Steam problems if I buy keys from Amazon UK or USA using a dummy adress? I live in France.

No, but because Amazon does not utlizile or let you use Paypal, it means if you're paying in foreign currecny, your bank will levy a usual £1-£1.50 charge (euros in your case) on the transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom