• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

famfrit

It should have been a single player game, that's true. Still glad though that Funcom keeps going despite the mediocre reception and playerbase. They made something really unique.

Yeah, I dont like MMO because they can drain the little "social life" that I have, but in the future I will give a try.

The only MMO that I wanted to play in the first day is already cancelled: Vampire Masquerade MMO. Damn !

But hey, maybe is a good think that CCP cancelled the Vampire Masquered MMO, because now the risk of I becoming a hikikomori is 0%.

Kagemusha

Should I get the base game of Secret World or the massive edition? I really don't want a lot of content, just want to try my first MMO.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of billmcdougal, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
-
KjAOaDf.gif
Happy Holidays to all! Hope you got cool games, and if not, hope you win cool games in a giveaway!
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (billmcdougal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Papers Please -- MB-BA2563ACD6E5AFC7 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 13 entrants total.

t1419563412z1.png

Crzy1

Secret World? Any good?

I had a lot of fun with it. Bought it when it first launched and it was my go-to MMO for over a year (the last one I played for any time, actually). It can be almost completely solo'd, though if you're not looking for a group experience. The investigation missions are some tough cookies if you're into puzzle solving as well, there were several that took a lot of digging for me to complete and a couple that I had to use a walkthrough to get past. For $10 it's a steal to just finish the original "campaign" and issues 1 through 4. Hell, it's worth $10 to just do the first 3 Soloman Island adventure zones. Not sure if the Massive Edition is worth it as a lot of the added content won't be seen until much later on.

There's a lot more content now, but the late game still consists of a lot of grinding which will probably turn off a lot of people, but you'll have more than gotten your $10 out of it by the time you reach the top tier of things. And there's no longer a monthly sub, but there is still a cash shop and pretty much any future content has to be paid for.

I'd say go for it if you think you'd like the atmosphere, it has a LOT of interesting stories to see.

Should I get the base game of Secret World or the massive edition? I really don't want a lot of content, just want to try my first MMO.

It might be a bit harrowing for a first MMO. Most of the tooltips and tutorials seem geared towards having MMO experience and being at least a little bit versed in the lingo. Won't say that it's impossible to catch on, but the skill system can be quite complex, but you can just pick a predefined "skill deck" to follow and then experiment later as you progress further into the game.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Resident Evil Revelations is 9 bucks on GMG with code. You guys think it'll go lower on a Steam daily? I don't want to wait :(

KOTOR is has a daily deal attached to it now and is going for $3.99. I want to get it since the Xbox game simply doesn't function on a 360. A few questions, though:

1. For system requirements, it says that I need Windows XP or Windows Vista. I guess this means that it's not compatible with Windows 8.1?
Sorry, I'm new to PC gaming.
If it isn't, is there an easy way to install Windows XP on my computer?

2. Should I get KOTOR2? I heard it was worse than the first game, but I'm not sure on the details.

I ran both games on Windows 7 without a problem.

I don't know who said that KOTOR II is worse than the original because I found it better, especially with the Restored Content Mod. I'd highly recommend getting KOTOR II as well and playing it with the Restored Content Mod. It's literally one of the best games ever.

Get the base game. The massive edition contains three excellent quest series but they're aimed at high levels. It will be a while before you're able to do them. You can buy them later on separately if you're interested.

famfrit

Yes, DLC content packs. Issue 5 has a new muti-mission self-contained storyline. Issue 6 has an Indiana Jones themed storyline, with a new in-game currency and vendors with items you can only buy with that currency. Issue 7 is a James Bond themed storyline and it expands on the currency system introduced in issue 6. All three Issues are essentially end game content.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/215280/discussions/0/792924952980361225/

I would put my money in the massive edition because the new storyline inspired in Indiana Jones and James Bond.

Haven't done this in a long while. If you get a key that has been used, apologies in advance.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
-
KjAOaDf.gif
Happy Holidays to all! Hope you got cool games, and if not, hope you win cool games in a giveaway!
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cloudius12, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Out of the Park Baseball 14 -- MB-BD0C03CED188C3DB - Taken by derExperte. 4 entrants total.
Viscera Cleanup Detail -- MB-2D51DFB16C2D70B4 - Taken by superNESjoe. 5 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die 2 GOTY -- MB-4C286D6BDC46F0B5 - Taken by Gaz Pwnage. 1 entrants total.
Paper Please -- MB-96A12B10117577D7 - Taken by Reg. 10 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered Soul Suspect -- MB-260631C3624DF5DC - Taken by Boom Boom Pow. 33 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-5B6AD68A8808526C - Taken by Kriken. 4 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-C7C4ADC124BEA5B0 - Taken by His Majesty. 3 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die GOTY -- MB-E040AEB3ED3400BD - Taken by Elija2. 1 entrants total.
DustForce -- MB-BF770856569A207A - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Sniper Elite 3 -- MB-670ABBBA7411F848 - Taken by Haunted. 18 entrants total.
Monaco -- MB-BB1CA33D1E6E7161 - Taken by BigBoss. 2 entrants total.
Wooden Sen'SeY -- MB-DE4FBE4AE325262E - Taken by trailmix16. 1 entrants total.
Pixel Junk Eden -- MB-6FFEA44CE262385D - Taken by Polishin8r. 2 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Out of the Park Baseball 14 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Viscera Cleanup Detail was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Orcs Must Die 2 GOTY was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Paper Please was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Murdered Soul Suspect was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Guacamelee! Gold Edition was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Legend of Grimrock was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Orcs Must Die GOTY was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for DustForce was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Sniper Elite 3 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Monaco was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Wooden Sen'SeY was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Pixel Junk Eden was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1419570972z1.png

Are Lego LOTR and Lego The Hobbit any good? I enjoyed the Star Wars / Marvel Lego games but haven't picked up these two.

Worth it for $5 apiece?

Crzy1

Resident Evil Revelations is 9 bucks on GMG with code. You guys think it'll go lower on a Steam daily? I don't want to wait :(

I wouldn't count on it dropping below 75% ($12.49) on this sale. I'd go ahead and make the dive at $9, it's well worth it, imo.

Sadist

Caved and figured FF XIII wouldn't get a sale, so I got it. Now it will pop up tomorrow lol.

Gaddamn that 49 gig Download. Game runs pretty smooth in the first hour.

BasilZero

Caved and figured FF XIII wouldn't get a sale, so I got it. Now it will pop up tomorrow lol.

Gaddamn that 49 gig Download. Game runs pretty smooth in iy's first hour.

Did you get it from the SE Store or on Steam?

Isnt it 30% on Steam?

SE Store has it for 60% off.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Out of the Park Baseball 14 is delisted? seems like an EA thing to do.

The store page was taken down but the sub is still available (which is what matters). On the flipside, 9's sub page is still up also, however its status was changed to "Unavailable", so you just get a generic transaction error when attempting to purchase it.

famfrit

edit: wrong interpretation of mine... forget.

Anyway, will get FF XIII and XIII-2 only in a sale and after Trails in the Sky. Valkyria Chronicles I already have in blu ray, ask myself if it make sense in buying the steam version in the future...

Sadist

Did you get it from the SE Store or on Steam?

Isnt it 30% on Steam?

SE Store has it for 60% off.
Woops, bought it on Steam. Oh well, it's not a bad price. Got everything else below the € 7 mark, so this iisn't a big investment. :p

Edit; ha, that joke if mine isn't even subtle :p

Crzy1

First time trying this, but here goes. Just some games that are collecting dust in my inventory that some people might like. Hope I got it right. :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for Crzy1:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
-
KjAOaDf.gif
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Crzy1, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-7542632E8661DC37 - Taken by ramoisdead
Tomb Raider: Legend -- MB-93A545A041E7A521 - Taken by OrlanisWorks
Renegade Ops -- MB-093B4607C6727266 - Taken by jtb
The Ship -- MB-EE75452DA74D953E - Taken by creamfarts
Secret Ponchos -- MB-19107CBAC9B9A923 - Taken by BernardoOne
Grid -- MB-4D232DD4F9A70E84 - Taken by Sch1sm
Gothic 3 -- MB-E4DD9CFE62BD4697 - Taken by skullmuffins
Frozen Synapse -- MB-42AB8486152B3273 - Taken by Poetic.Injustice
Hack 'n' Slash -- MB-CFC273193CB97078 - Taken by HalfwayOrb
Resident Evil 5 -- MB-4B5F21795FE5C94F - Taken by pahamrick

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Mokoi, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mokoi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Evil Within -- MB-22E240BE653DE2B8 - Taken by Metalic Sand. 175 entrants total.

t1419566288z1.png

jtb

Banned
KOTOR 2 is a far more rewarding experience than KOTOR, but they're both excellent WRPGs. Even KOTOR, which is a pretty accessible, watered down WRPG is far more complex and content filled than anything Bioware's made in the decade since.

KOTOR 2 is fantastic with the restored content. As well written as any game.

bathsalts

Has anyone seen Wreckfest as a daily or lower than the --33% its at now? My friend showed it to me at his place, 15 car pile up into a stack of tires, those physics are the damnedest thing I've ever seen.

Sulik2

how is XCOM: Enemy Within? I really enjoyed Enemy Unknown... will it go further than 66% off?

Its a great expansion, the mech suits kind of break the game but they are so stinking fun to play with that its worth it. The missions are quite good.

how is XCOM: Enemy Within? I really enjoyed Enemy Unknown... will it go further than 66% off?

I doubt it, but definitely buy Enemy Within, it's a huge expansion that adds so much to the game it's nuts.

Base invasions, Human Enemy terrorist cells that try to undermine your operations, and tons of new tile sets and some new friendly/enemy units and technology. It takes a fantastic game and makes it even better.

I agree with this.

Dungeon Defenders is OK at first...but its not as exciting as it should be.

I've played both alone and with a group and have dropped off it entirely (might get back into it in the future) but Orcs Must Die is one of the best tower defense games I've played though.

Wish they would make a 3rd one instead of a MOBA D:

Just FYI: We ditched the MOBA mode. DD2 is purely an Action Tower Defense game just like the first game.

If I'm enjoying the new Need for Speed Most Wanted (and have bought Burnout Paradise on the same basis), would I enjoy the new Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (or any of the other NFS games on sale)?

Has anyone seen Wreckfest as a daily or lower than the --33% its at now? My friend showed it to me at his place, 15 car pile up into a stack of tires, those physics are the damnedest thing I've ever seen.

It definitely has not been lower then 33 percent in this current sale because i have been watching it like a hawk because i want it as well.

If I'm enjoying the new Need for Speed Most Wanted (and have bought Burnout Paradise on the same basis), would I enjoy the new Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (or any of the other NFS games on sale)?

If you love the old Hot Pursuit games you will love the new ones, pretty fantastic in my opinion.

Although if you want more of a sim, NFS Shift 2 is fantastic.

just as a friendly reminder for those unaware and don't own it: Defy Gravity Extended has a 95% discount and is 9 cents.

It drops three cards if I'm not mistaken, each of which sells for more (8-12 cents average) than the current price of the actual game.

edit: hmm, actually there are more games with this ehm.... issue. Well, just one, and the other is bad rats, and I'm still clean from that one.

edit2: what I meant was is that Defy Gravity is decent enough on its own, and not total garbage with cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom