• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Are Lego LOTR and Lego The Hobbit any good? I enjoyed the Star Wars / Marvel Lego games but haven't picked up these two.

Worth it for $5 apiece?

If you enjoyed the previous Lego games, LOTR is definitely worth it. I just picked up the Hobbit myself.

Kagemusha

I didn't like it much too buggy but it should be better now
The bugs that ruin Ironman mode were never fixed as far as I know. Never bought it but Sling Shot DLC had a nasty bug that would cause a mission failure. It was fixed. The bug log on 2K forum is around five pages long. That said, I never noticed anything buggy in my 100 hours of playtime.

autoduelist

Fairly huge amount of games for 90% off right now.

Even a handful good ones among them.

Ay ay ay

Suggestions?

Speaking of which, usually someone seems to put together a list of all the super cheap 'great' games hidden in the sale. Is there anything like that this year?

Haunted

Suggestions?
Meat Boy, Bit.Trip games, Divine Cybermancy, Hydrophobia, English Country Tune, Rush, Edge, Defcon, Spacechem, Urban Trial, Darwinia are all 90+% off and definitely worth their respective prices.

Hamilton's Great Adventure, Rogue Trooper, Flatout games, Trine games, Krater, Lexica, Age of Booty, Kairo, Rock of Ages, Real World Racing are 80+% off, also worth it.

It's a big list but well worth going through if you want to cheaply expand your Steam collection. If you already did something like this on previous sales... you probably won't find many you don't own already, but still.

Haunted

Meanwhile, games on my wishlist are between 33% and 50% off, individually hovering somewhere around 8€ - 12€ each.

;_;

edit: still cheap in the grand scheme of things, don't get me wrong... just none are impulse buy territory.

I'm downloading Sonar X3 and its taking forever............what the hell my download speed has fallen totally flat at 4.9 GB. So annoying

Gruso

People are giving away in this thread.
No probs, I'll just do it here.

GIVEAWAY:

I've got a "pick your path" redemption code from my GTX970 purchase that I don't require. US region restriction may apply. Choose from Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed: Unity, or The Crew.

I will PM it to the first to quote this saying "yes please!"

pahamrick

GIVEAWAY:

I've got a "pick your path" redemption code from my GTX970 purchase that I don't require. US region restriction may apply. Choose from Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed: Unity, or The Crew.

Yes please!

GIVEAWAY:

yes please FC4

jtb

Banned
edit: ugh didn't realize South Park wasn't steamplay... don't mind bootcamp but the game looks like it would run on an air pretty easily, just a little extra hassle I guess

Barbarian

Talk me out of buying Spartan Assault. Is it just a bland twin stick shooter? Is it anything like Renegade Ops?

It's nothing great, but it does have touch screen controls, so if you have a windows tablet it is one of the few games that take advantage of that interface.

I picked it up to run on my surface pro.

Cth

just as a friendly reminder for those unaware and don't own it: Defy Gravity Extended has a 95% discount and is 9 cents.

It drops three cards if I'm not mistaken, each of which sells for more (8-12 cents average) than the current price of the actual game.

edit: hmm, actually there are more games with this ehm.... issue. Well, just one, and the other is bad rats, and I'm still clean from that one.

edit2: what I meant was is that Defy Gravity is decent enough on its own, and not total garbage with cards.

Hrm, no luck on Bad Rats. It's at 81% off at 19 cents.

autoduelist

Talk me out of buying Spartan Assault. Is it just a bland twin stick shooter? Is it anything like Renegade Ops?

Just don't do it.

Honestly, it's really bland and mediocre, even if you like Halo.

Nothing like Renegade Ops in terms of fun, craziness and intensity.

Seriously? I was like 30 seconds from pulling the trigger on this twice (once for me, once for a giveaway).

I have no vested interest in Halo (never played any) but love dual stick shooters.

It's seriously still a skip at $1.50?

Honestly, it's really bland and mediocre, even if you like Halo.

Nothing like Renegade Ops in terms of fun, craziness and intensity.

It's nothing great, but it does have touch screen controls, so if you have a windows tablet it is one of the few games that take advantage of that interface.

I picked it up to run on my surface pro.

How deep is the customization system? i.e. can the Spartans level up, upgrade skills and etc?

Haunted

How deep is the customization system? i.e. can the Spartans level up, upgrade skills and etc?
Shallow. There's a loadout screen before missions to select guns, grenade type and the power-up, that's it.

Maps are tiny, missions are short, combat isn't satisfying and graphics are meh. They didn't manage to capture anything of the scope, tactics and moment-to-moment gameplay... you know, the things which make a good Halo game, in this one.

I'd honestly say it's a pass and recommend to spend your 1,50 on something else.

Barbarian

Shallow. There's a loadout screen before missions to select guns, grenade type and the power-up, that's it.

I agree. If you're looking for customization, this is not your game. It's a very basic, arcade-y take on Halo that would be more at home on iOS than pc.

Maps are tiny, missions are short, combat isn't satisfying and graphics are meh. They didn't manage to capture anything of the scope, tactics and moment-to-moment gameplay... you know, the things which make a good Halo game, in this one.

I'd honestly say it's a pass and recommend to spend your 1,50 on something else.

I agree. If you're looking for customization, this is not your game. It's a very basic, arcade-y take on Halo that would be more at home on iOS than pc.

Okie doke guys. Thanks a lot for the input.

autoduelist

Hmm.
Looking at that page, anyone play Shadowgrounds Survivor?

Yrael

Cross-posting from the community Steam thread, a spare from the Humble Bundle:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Yrael, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Imagine Me -- MB-43DEDDF070FD6AA0 - Taken by Altima. 6 entrants total.

t1419571872z1.png

Heads up for anyone that grabbed Need For Speed Undercover off the sale.

The Steam version doesn't play nice with Windows 7/8 (lots of frame-drops/other issues). Origin has a patched version, but you have to use reg-edit to find the key to activate Undercover on it.

More info: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2985035

Hot Pursuit is the same way IIRC but you can easily get an Origin key just by clicking on the game in your library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom