• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, GMG has Beyond Earth on sale today. I think with the 20% off code that it'd be the cheapest it's ever been at $24. (Other best was Amazon on Black Friday.)

Somewhat tempted, but since I just got Endless Legend, I'm thinking I might pass. Especially with the mixed/negative reviews. Will probably just wait till an expac for it drops.

aku:jiki

No tutorial, but the game doesn't really need one, imo. Grab your bucket & trash bins from the dispensers, fill 'em up & toss them in the incinerator. The weld gun will remove weapons-fire holes from the walls. The "Sniffer" works like a metal detector, helping you locate missed A: blood/viscera or B: shell casings/trash. When you're done clock out with the PDA on the wall and your transported to your break room for a end-level assessment. Easy-peasy.

Game is freakin' sick, btw. Super relaxing and scratches that OCD itch. TON of content too, as there's like 10 distinct locations/maps and more being added as the game is still Early Access.

HIGHLY recommended.
Thanks! It sounds like maybe the main game makes a little more sense when you see it.

What are you supposed to do with buckets full of bloody water? Can you pick and empty/refill the bucket at the same unit you got it from? I ended up with like 10 bloody buckets I had no idea what to do with... And what do you do with a biohazard bin? These things were not very obvious in Santa's workshop.

Ah, I wan't aware that it was in a humble bundle. That makes more sense, I guess.
It's been in several. It's a recurring Humble favorite.

Need thoughts too. LOVED Risen 1, and skipped Risen 2 due to the negative outcry, not sure at all how R3 was received and would love thoughts.

Pretty weird game.

Awful story, and mostly awful characters. Pretty lame combat system. Quite rewarding exploration.

An ok timesink for those who desperately feel the need of an new open world RPG. Certainly not one of the better ones.

Aaron D.

Thanks! It sounds like maybe the main game makes a little more sense when you see it.

What are you supposed to do with buckets full of bloody water? Can you pick and empty/refill the bucket at the same unit you got it from? I ended up with like 10 bloody buckets I had no idea what to do with... And what do you do with a biohazard bin? These things were not very obvious in Santa's workshop.

Yeah, that's understandable. In Santa's Rampage, you simply toss everything into the fireplace to incinerate 'em. That's Biohazard bins, bloody mop buckets, elf body parts, random trash. Basically anything you can pick up.

In the main game there are dedicated incinerator furnaces on every level that you can't miss. They make everything go, bye-bye.

C4rter

Yeah regret not getting it off GMG these past 2 days :( Was waiting to see what Steam gave but now it seems the deal is dead

Yeah, I wanted to wait for Steam to use my card money, but not for 9,99€.
Well, it's not like there isn't anything else to play...

Game is worth so much more than that.

It might be but I already played it on GameCube and on PC. And seeing that the HD Version needs an HD Mod to make the textures truly HD I doubt a little it's worth so much more than 9,99€.

Still no Divinity: Original Sin daily yet...keeping my hopes up for cheaper than the last sale.

Im also waiting for this.
Same with kerbal, but I still think the game is expensive as hell even on "sale".
People can say its worth it, but I dont know how much I will play with it being a rocket simulator, dont get me wrong, love the idea, but I dont know if its going to make me play more that 3 or 4 hours with it (and I tried the demo eons ago)

Mashing

Pretty weird game.

Awful story, and mostly awful characters. Pretty lame combat system. Quite rewarding exploration.

An ok timesink for those who desperately feel the need of an new open world RPG. Certainly not one of the better ones.

What exactly makes the exploration rewarding?

Mashing

FTL is awesome. There is luck involved, sure, but it's basically a rogue-like in space and those always have some factor of luck involved in them.

xezuru

How's FTL? Read a lot of overwhelming positive reviews but some mentioned it's purely a luck based game?

It's basically Space Oregon Trail, with some Ship management in a combat minigame, If you really want to be thrown into a roguelike where your at the whims of its rules this one is probably one of the better ways to go.

If you like the opposite, and want to bear the storm of roguelike difficulty with the absolute control and finesse (and the loss of it when you're fuckin hit). I would go with Spelunky, the best rage conducing roguelike goodness.

How's FTL? Read a lot of overwhelming positive reviews but some mentioned it's purely a luck based game?

It's pretty great. The luck comes from it being a Rogue-like/lite with some luck being a hallmark of the genre. You're intended to play through multiple times (especially since there are various ship unlocks that persist and add a twist), and a lot of playthroughs you'll fail, especially on the harder difficulties. The actual meat of the gameplay is sort of a tactical spaceship combat management.

Skirn

Yes, since it's a rogue-like, meaning that everything's randomised: the items you'll find, events you'll encounter and the layout of the levels. And once you die, it's back to square one. Excellent replay value and soundtrack.

Brick

Just in case people are on the fence on it, Anno 2070 is a great game. It's a city builder meets an economic simulator set in the future. I've really enjoyed my time with it.

It gets the Brick Seal of Approval.

Just in case people are on the fence on it, Anno 2070 is a great game. It's a city builder meets an economic simulator set in the future. I've really enjoyed my time with it.

It gets the Brick Seal of Approval.

I would buy it if they removed the Tages DRM. It's inexcusable that it's still there. I wouldn't take it for free as long as it's there, as the only thing it function as, is a sign that the devs and publishers don't care.

It's a board game, more or less. In a very good way. With some action.

I love it.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The combat, button mappings and tactical slow iterative learning gameplay. Although, there are differences such as not as an interconnected world, the way it approaches story, etc. I can't say too much since I haven't played Lords of the fallen.

EDIT: Although combat is different, people say it's more fluid, etc.
What? Whoever said that is dead wrong. LotF combat is like Dark Souls if your character weighted 3 tons, or something. It's far slower and heavier. When going back to Dark Souls 2, everything felt so fast I felt like I was playing Devil May Cry in comparison. xD I even slipped off a ledge because my character was moving way faster than I expected, haha.

One thing about Lords of fallen that no one mentions when they compare it to dark souls is that it's much much shorter what a game length of about 10 hours only.
More like 20. Though I admit I take my time, but damn, 10 would be just brute forcing everything and never exploring. Sounds boring.

Postal 2 won over Dust? Seriously?

Wow, just wow steam community.
I know right. :\

Brick

I would buy it if they removed the Tages DRM. It's inexcusable that it's still there. I wouldn't take it for free as long as it's there, as the only thing it function as, is a sign that the devs and publishers don't care.

I didn't know abything about the Tages DRM, so I just looked it up. That's some hot garbage right there. It's never effected me since I only have the one machine and never uninstalled it, but if I had known about if before I bought it, I probably wouldn't have picked it up either. Which is a shame, because Anno 2070 is a really good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom