• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You folks better buy Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

What else is good that's in today's sale?

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Some deals i though where good.

AMAZON

Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection - 75% off @ $4.99
Dead Space 3 80% off @ $4.00
Metal Gear Rising - 75% off @ $7.49
Scribblenauts Unmasked - 75% off @ $4.99
Scribblenauts Unlimited - 75% off @ 4.99
Metro: Last Light Redux - 75% off @ $6.25
South Park: The Stick of Truth - 66% off @ 13.59
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete - 85% off @ $4.50
Grand Theft Auto Vice City - 85% off @ $1.50

NUUVEM (i rounded the prices slightly up)

Lord of the Rings: War in the North - $1.50
Metal Gear Rising - $4.65
Wolfenstein: The New Order - $15
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - $4.65
Batman 3 Pack (includes Batman Arkham City - GOTY Edition, Batman Arkham Origins & Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition) - $5.60 (no Arkham Asylum)
Dragon Age 2 - $3.70
Grand Theft Auto Complete Package - $5.60
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition - $4.20

All Steam except for the EA Origin stuff.

Thanks for posting these! I grabbed War in the North and GTA.

Oddly enough I have two $50 steam cards from picking up some gaming mice from Bestbuy during Black Friday and I haven't picked up a thing from this Steam sale. Mostly since I picked up a ton of games from the last two sales and everything else from Reddit.

:(

Weird how little discussion of action henk* there is. It's been compared to a ton of great games most notably Sonic. Others have said it doesn't even feel like an early access game. I believe it has a level editor now and it's only $6.

Big-E

How is Hero Siege? Dirt cheap right now. Also, if I want to play one of the newest Resident Evils, should I go with Revelations or 6? Is Company of Heroes single player enjoyable?

KissVibes

Banned
How is Hero Siege? Dirt cheap right now. Also, if I want to play one of the newest Resident Evils, should I go with Revelations or 6? Is Company of Heroes single player enjoyable?

Hero Siege is a perfect podcast/studying game. Some real cheap fucking deaths in the game, however.

Don't get RE6.

Never mind.. Got it gifted tp me. :)

Ok, I'm sick. I need 16 more cents to buy Brothers and I'm seriously looking at spending some of my gamestop credit to buy a game for steam so i can idle for its cards, sell them, and buy Brothers.

Ok then, that gives a fair idea of what the game must feel like. Thanks a lot for taking the time to write your impressions.

Thief is an okay game. It isn't necessarily a bad game, it's just not a great entry in its own series. There are so modern game design conventions--parametric button presses, scripted chase sequences, far too many cutscenes that constantly shove the threadbare plot in your face--that sort of weigh the game down and are kind of the antithesis of what the Thief series should be but for 8$ you're probably more than safe.

Just make sure to grab the bank heist dlc if you do pick it up.

Decado

I see Crimzon Clover is on sale at nuuvem. R 4.99.

Anyone know roughly how much credit cards charge for foreign purchases? Not sure if you actually save anything after fees.

Also, if I want to play one of the newest Resident Evils, should I go with Revelations or 6?

6 has some massive flaws, but by and large it is an enjoyable game if you can just roll with it. There is enough "in there" if you are prepared to dig.

Revelations is flat out boring.

If you have to go with one, give 6 a go.

Thief is an okay game. It isn't necessarily a bad game, it's just not a great entry in its own series. There are so modern game design conventions--parametric button presses, scripted chase sequences, far too many cutscenes that constantly shove the threadbare plot in your face--that sort of weigh the game down and are kind of the antithesis of what the Thief series should be but for 8$ you're probably more than safe.

It is a bad game in any series.... ok maybe it is a solid assassin's creed but that is about it. Games like Thief, Tomb Raider or Hitman shouldn't get free passes because they don't fit into "their series". There is a reason people want more games in those series, because those games were actually good.

DukeBobby

This.

Much better than anything in the main game. If the whole game was like that mission, it might have been pretty good.

autoduelist

Hello all. Please do this long-time GAF-pal a favor and vote for Super Time Force Ultra. It would be a heck of a boost for our crazy game.

Happy Boxing Day to my fellow Canucks, as well :)

Wish you'd posted earlier, you would have gotten my vote (I voted for Warlock 2 because I actually wanted that too, even though I likely won't be able to pick up either.).

Hero Siege is a perfect podcast/studying game.

I... don't really understand what that means, though I'm interested in the game. Is it a dual stick shooter?

Dingotech

Is Fight the Dragon any good?

It looks alright in the videos but it could easily be clunky and not fun.

The missus likes hack and slash games so I'm interested in grabbing a copy for her.

Is Fight the Dragon any good?

It looks alright in the videos but it could easily be clunky and not fun.

The missus likes hack and slash games so I'm interested in grabbing a copy for her.

Hero Siege is cheaper and is fun Hack & Slash, with 'rogue-lite' elements. However, Fight the Dragon has my interest too, as that looks like a fun game to play with friends.

Corto

How do you fix screen tearing in a game? I am in Banish and whenever I pan/move it tears (mainly along in the center).

Vsync. Either in in-game visual/graphic settings or externally with Nvidia Inspector. I think AMD has some similar program to achieve the same result.

dani_dc

Hello all. Please do this long-time GAF-pal a favor and vote for Super Time Force Ultra. It would be a heck of a boost for our crazy game.

Happy Boxing Day to my fellow Canucks, as well :)

This vote was a no brainer.

The good news is that even if you don't win you'll still be featured!

Besides Beyond Earth and Civ V Complete, GMG has the expansions as a hidden deal. Got Brave New World to complete my Civ V collection (besides 2 scrambled packs which are worthless) for $6 with the 20% off code. So if you were like me and missing BNW and/or G&K, get on that. (Though if you're missing both you may as well just buy the complete edition.)

cicero

How many years am I going to have to see Anno 2070 come up for sale and then I go check Dawn of Discovery Gold (Anno 1404) and see that it is still only 40% off...

It is only $8.99 now, but it has become a matter of principle and a point of honor to defy that shoddy deal. One day we will break our yokes of bondage and live as free men under the sun of a 75% off Dawn of Discovery Gold sky.

I DEFY YOU, UBISOFT!@#

Tizoc

How many years am I going to have to see Anno 2070 come up for sale and then I go check Dawn of Discovery Gold (Anno 1404) and see that it is still only 40% off...

It is only $8.99 now, but it has become a matter of principle and a point of honor to defy that shoddy deal. One day we will break our yokes of bondage and live as free men under the sun of a 75% off Dawn of Discovery Gold sky.

I DEFY YOU, UBISOFT!@#

Believe it or not it, Anno 1404 was on sale during the Autumn sale and you could've traded maybe 2-3 TF2 Keys for a copy :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I DEFY YOU, UBISOFT!@#

The amusing thing is that people brought up the DoD disprecpency the last time this happened and an Ubi rep promised to look into it. You just know that it's all Valve's fault, just like that time Unity, FC4 and The Crew disappeared for a day*!

* May contain traces of sarcasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom