• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it have native or modded controller support? Often older games are only playable via joy2key and others. I know it's more of a kb/m type game, but it really felt at home with a controller when I played on Xbox.

Did you play 2 on the Xbox? Cuz it's the same controller support as 2 on the PC, which is to say, none, outside of xpadder.

Xpadder works well though. Only thing you're missing is analog movement.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Voted for STFU because I don't have it.

Edit: Now I'm thinking about how much I want to play Below.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah. I'm hyped.

It'll probably be the first and perhaps only game of 2015 I pre-order/buy on day one solely because I want to play it. As much as I love AssCreed, Ubi's equally affectionate when it comes to slapping on pre-order incentives, so they don't quite count.

Edit: Similarly, Apotheon doesn't count because by the time it does release it'll have been almost a year since I pre-ordered it via the official site. One of these days I'll view my Humble order page and see a Steam key for the bloody thing. ;)

I've learned an important question to ask before I make a purchase:

"Will the price/discount of the game go lower before I even get around to playing it?"

Miletius

Gods Will Be Watching worth picking up? Seems interesting

Depends. I like it, it's fun to play with the girlfriend and act out all the voices. Some people don't like it though because it's not quite gamey enough.

If you don't really like TWD and other adventure games I'd avoid. If you like adventure games and can appreciate that sort of thing, then you'll like it.

Apparently Sins Rebellion has been cheaper :/

$10 a bit too hard to swallow at this point anyway, especially since I haven't even gotten around to playing Trinity yet.

Popstar

New Deals Every 12 Hours
Deals last for 24 hours from start

Ghostbusters: The Video Game -80%
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion -75%
King's Bounty: Dark Side -75%
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West -75%
Lords of Xulima -50%
Crypt of the Necrodancer -40%

Macheezmo

Crypt of the Necrodancer looks amazing. I love roguelikes and I love rhythm games. The price is still the only thing holding me backing but I'm super tempted. Especially after I saw it said you could hook up a dancepad and play, that could a hilarious kind of fun.

Haunted

I know that Crypt of the Necrodancer looks cool and it's probably worth buying for the DannyB soundtrack alone, but on the other hand I'm inclined to wait for the final release version, with the size of my backlog, I can't justify jumping into it when it's still in early access.

(well, that, and my Steam wallet has been reduced to 0,33€ at the moment :lol)

On an unrelated note, I'm surprised the usual suspects aren't even mentioning Unholy Heights, it's a cute little thing. Just listen to that menu music.

This is what I love about steam sales... discovering seemingly solid and inexpensive indie titles such as Lords of Xulima & Crypt of the Necrodancer. Very tempted...!

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete
Scribblenauts unmasked
Shadow Warrior (New version)
Ghostbusters

While my purchasing amount this year may be small so far, the discounts for the games I wanted the most were huge and irresistible. It has been a good sale thus far. Only sad thing is I only have around $20 left to spend, and I don't get paid to the 5th of January. Curse payday not being on the 1st and 15th. I woulda been able to splurge quite a bit on the final two days of the sale. :(

...And Marlow Briggs and Batman Arkham Origins. I forgot I bought the second one a few days ago. Marlow Briggs was a very recent purchase.

Depends. I like it, it's fun to play with the girlfriend and act out all the voices. Some people don't like it though because it's not quite gamey enough.

If you don't really like TWD and other adventure games I'd avoid. If you like adventure games and can appreciate that sort of thing, then you'll like it.

Sounds good, I generally like adventure games. Will risk it, its only a Quid. I do like these niche kinda games. Thanks.

PHOTOSHOP

OK is GTA San Andreas good or not for PC. I know they removed the soundtrack but is the game play fucked up as well? also is Vice City and GTA4 also get fucked by the soundtrack?

Have about $11 in credit left, was going to get RE4 but I don't think the price has bottomed out yet, so I'll probably just get Witcher 2 and Far Cry 3 instead.

Bl@de

How is Lords of Xulima? Particularly the combat system, leveling system and overall balance?

I heard a lot of positive things about it. A mixture of infinity engine games in terms of exploration and wizardry combat. But I'm going to wait until it's released on GoG (already confirmed).

Jonm1010

Banned
So Dynasty Warriors 8 was good? I passed it up because I thought reviews from gamers were underwhelming. But now I think I was crazy and mis-remembering. Did I just miss the boat on that one because I have wanted to play a quality Dynasty Warriors for a while now?

Agree, the game looks so good but I do not want to buy game in development :/

The game is really good in it's current state. At this price I'd easily recommend it to anyone who thinks they are interested. Although I've only played it for about 4 hrs, the core rhythm mechanic can be really fun when you get in sync with the music. I haven't tried adding my own though so it'd be interesting to hear what people have to say about that.

hughesta

Banned
Oh shit, Scratches is only $3! Highly recommended if you love you some point and click horror. That game should not be missed, under any circumstances.

How's the PC port of Dark Souls? I never got the chance to finish it on the 360, and I'm curious whether or not the PC port is halfway decent. If it is, I'll probably jump on board.

x3sphere

Agree, the game looks so good but I do not want to buy game in development :/

It's worth it. I don't typically buy games in Early Access but there's already a ton of content here. And judging from the updates as well it is close to completion anyway.

Altima

The game is really good in it's current state. At this price I'd easily recommend it to anyone who thinks they are interested. Although I've only played it for about 4 hrs, the core rhythm mechanic can be really fun when you get in sync with the music. I haven't tried adding my own though so it'd be interesting to hear what people have to say about that.

I'm not afraid of bug or incomplete game but I am a kind of person who play the game only once and rarely go back to play it again. I want to play it in complete state.

Mashing

I swear... Steam must be looking at my wishlist because even obscure games keep getting put in dailies.

This time it was Kings Bounty: Darkside and Lords of Xulima

Nabs

Oh shit, Scratches is only $3! Highly recommended if you love you some point and click horror. That game should not be missed, under any circumstances.

How's the PC port of Dark Souls? I never got the chance to finish it on the 360, and I'm curious whether or not the PC port is halfway decent. If it is, I'll probably jump on board.

It's quite good once you install DSFix and unlock the framerate and resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom