• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't missed Transistor in a flash sale yet, have I? Just thought about it and I would have missed the flash sales in the morning a few times so far.

Corto

Is there a way to force tripple? And would it be better to use NI or ingame?

Triple buffering? you can use Nvidia inspector too for that. Usually I just play a bit with Inspector settings and create a profile for the game I'm playing at the moment and be done with it without going for the in-game settings. But try the in-game first, if that works, you are set. ;)

Sarcasm

Triple buffering? you can use Nvidia inspector too for that. Usually I just play a bit with Inspector settings and create a profile for the game I'm playing at the moment and be done with it without going for the in-game settings. But try the in-game first, if that works, you are set. ;)

Downloaded it..and started NI..how do you use this? Where is this profile button.

Kagemusha

Doom classic hasn't been 75% for over 16 months and it's been 2 years since Hexen was 75% off. No hope for a daily is there?

Also, I feel like a monster for never actually buying through isthereanydeal. Check the site every day but I always go to the deal via my own bookmarks and deny them any cut. I should really click the links and let them get a few cents.

If you are waiting over two years for a discount on something, maybe you need to start thinking about how much you really want that thing.

~Kinggi~

Banned
There needs to be another thread of the random indies on sale that are good but not advertised. I probably have most of them but there are always new ones.

overburning

Neo Member
Also, I feel like a monster for never actually buying through isthereanydeal. Check the site every day but I always go to the deal via my own bookmarks and deny them any cut. I should really click the links and let them get a few cents.

They get a cut? Maybe I need to start clicking on their links.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was going to buy it, but then I saw that it uses tages, so fuck it.

As of this past April, the Steam versions of Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery no longer use TAGES after yours truly convinced Ubi to patch them, roughly three years after they were pulled precisely because Ubi didn't update them. They're actually DRM-free, in every sense of the phrase.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
There needs to be another thread of the random indies on sale that are good but not advertised. I probably have most of them but there are always new ones.
I've done the thread the last few sales, but I'm traveling right now.

I'll see if I can fid some time tomorrow. Or maybe work it a bit differently this year as I can't rapidly update, but know some good deals going on.

Tizoc

I've done the thread the last few sales, but I'm traveling right now.

I'll see if I can fid some time tomorrow. Or maybe work it a bit differently this year as I can't rapidly update, but know some good deals going on.

tyt, sale ends on the 2nd, so well..get one prepared and post it on the 1st I guess?

Jintor

Man, I feel like just by being a PC gamer I have an obligation to own Kerbal @_@

consumerismmmmmmmmm

/edit oh it's 17 bucks, not 7. Nevermind then!

As of this past April, the Steam versions of Anno/Dawn of Discovery no longer use TAGES after yours truly convinced Ubi to patch them, roughly three years after they were pulled precisely because Ubi didn't update them. They're actually DRM-free, in every sense of the phrase.

Woah, awesome! Now I'll definitely buy it.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Man, I feel like just by being a PC gamer I have an obligation to own Kerbal @_@

consumerismmmmmmmmm

/edit oh it's 17 bucks, not 7. Nevermind then!

yeah u a cheap ass just like a pc gamer too yo lulz

As of this past April, the Steam versions of Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery no longer use TAGES after yours truly convinced Ubi to patch them, roughly three years after they were pulled precisely because Ubi didn't update them. They're actually DRM-free, in every sense of the phrase.

But, the steam pages for Dawn and its expansion both say Tages is there. Im really not willing to jump in cause of that.

JaseC

But, the steam pages for Dawn and its expansion both say Tages is there. Im really not willing to jump in cause of that.

I bought the games myself after Ubi returned them to the store, as they were gone before I caught the "collecting bug". Trust me, they are completely DRM-free. No Steam. No Uplay. No TAGES. No anything.

JaseC

How would I know if tages was there or not?

If TAGES were still integrated you'd have to sit through a PC activation process similar to what you get with SecuROM. The files themselves are still included in the installation, but they're unused.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Hmm well I will probably get it then toward the end if it doesn't go on sale. Doesn't seem to be sharing the daily sale from today though.

Kagemusha

If you are waiting over two years for a discount on something, maybe you need to start thinking about how much you really want that thing.
Lol. I just saw that it hadn't been on sale. I've only been buying steam games for a year. I'm not even familiar with the Hexen games. Just saw they had good reviews and was curious what the sale history was.

JaseC

Hmm well I will probably get it then toward the end if it doesn't go on sale. Doesn't seem to be sharing the daily sale from today though.

Yeah, Dawn of Discovery isn't going to be fixed. This exact same situation happened during the Autumn Sale and Ubi was made acutely aware of the discrepancy at the time, yet here we are and history is repeating itself. That being said, you can just have someone gift you Anno 1404 Gold on the cheap -- it's not region-locked in any way.

Tizoc

Heh I waited 2 years for Space Quest on Steam to go on sale and bam it went on sale this past Summer Sale IIRC.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Should I jump on RE5 now? Since RE6 is on a daily and RE5 didn't drop any more than what it is now.
I just bought 6 on GMG, I still haven't played 5 because of GFWL, and since it's getting removed soon...

Sch1sm

Should I jump on RE5 now? Since RE6 is on a daily and RE5 didn't drop any more than what it is now.
I just bought 6 on GMG, I still haven't played 5 because of GFWL, and since it's getting removed soon...

I played RE5, granted on 360, but I enjoyed the game even if RE4 is often referred to as superior by most. I'd bite. Won't be going any lower any time soon, anyway.

KOTOR 1 or 2? I rented 2 and loved it. It was 19 hours before I even got a lightsaber in that game. I never tried 1.

Should definitely play 1. It's a more Star Wars-y game and has a lot more polish. Although the systems are not as intuitive as 2 since Obsidian made some improvements on that front.

Unicorn

Should definitely play 1. It's a more Star Wars-y game and has a lot more polish. Although the systems are not as intuitive as 2 since Obsidian made some improvements on that front.

Does it have native or modded controller support? Often older games are only playable via joy2key and others. I know it's more of a kb/m type game, but it really felt at home with a controller when I played on Xbox.

bigace33

GMG has been killing it as far as sales go. Finally got Skyrim Legendary at a decent price point of $10.88. Got Lego Batman 3 for $11. So far GMG Holiday sale >Steam Holiday sale.

chixdiggit

Is Fight the Dragon any good?

It looks alright in the videos but it could easily be clunky and not fun.

The missus likes hack and slash games so I'm interested in grabbing a copy for her.

It's a somewhat mediocre Diablo/Torchlight type game. The real fun is creating your own levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom