• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Never seen these this cheap before.

LeYKj.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of MeatloafOFdoom, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MeatloafOFdoom, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Darkness II -- MB-4CEFA3C61AEE8793 - Taken by Blu(e). 7 entrants total.

t1419672376z1.png

waiiiit a minute...was just looking at Arma 3 and still hoping they give a huge discount for the game and i saw there is a digital delux edition and an arma dlc bundle

why the hell are they separate? o_O come on...and no discount for the dlc :(

Arren

Let's see if and when Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 will get further discounts in the context of this sale. Do you guys think there's a feasible chance of this happening?

Gunblade47

Neo Member
Let's see if and when Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 will get further discounts in the context of this sale. Do you guys think there's a feasible chance of this happening?

FF13 is up for $6.40 on the SE NA store but I cant really see FF13-2 dropping much further in price tbh

I'm not afraid of bug or incomplete game but I am a kind of person who play the game only once and rarely go back to play it again. I want to play it in complete state.

I think you just made me realise I'm pretty much like that too, although I often plan to go back to certain games but my lack of time generally stops me.

Arren

Where's my RE: Revelation 75% goddamnit.

It's actually showing at a 75% discount right now, at least on the Italian version of the store.

I advise you to hurry buying it, as it shows about 8 hours left for that particular deal. I guess that, when Resident Evil 6 appeared among the dailies, the special discount for Revelations was unlocked as well.

Blitzhex

It's actually showing at a 75% discount right now, at least on the Italian version of the store.

I advise you to hurry buying it, as it shows about 8 hours left for that particular deal. I guess that, when Resident Evil 6 appeared among the dailies, the special discount for Revelations was unlocked as well.

Oh wow, how'd I miss that. Thanks!
Now I just need a good discount on Divinity: OS :X

TheBear

I just bought south park off amazon and steam has blocked the code as it's not the right region (I'm in aus). Is there a way to get around this? Is cross-region gifting still allowed?
Could an american activate the code and send it to me as a gift?

Thanks everyone

I just bought south park off amazon and steam has blocked the code as it's not the right region (I'm in aus). Is there a way to get around this? Is cross-region gifting still allowed?
Could an american activate the code and send it to me as a gift?

Thanks everyone

I'm on mobile atm but you will need to check steamdb to see what kind of region lock it has if it's only activation locked you could use a vpn to activate it. to answer your last question, no, if someone activates a key it's automatically linked to their account.

Sajjaja

I hope you all bought Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare from Origin. Best thing on sale during the Winter Sale. It's on sale for the next 5 hours at 75% off. Get it, it's great.

TheBear

I'm on mobile atm but you will need to check steamdb to see what kind of region lock it has if it's only activation locked you could use a vpn to activate it. to answer your last question, no, if someone activates a key it's automatically linked to their account.

I'm looking on this page and I'm can't seem to find anything about regions etc.

https://steamdb.info/app/213670/

Also, I assume unlocking with a VPN is against the TOS. Are there any cases of people actually being banned for this?

Bluth54

How's the Ghostbusters video game? I vaguely remember hearing good things about it, it's $2 on Steam right now.

It's a little rough around the edges, but if you like Ghostbusters then you'll enjoy it, since you're pretty much a part of the third Ghostbusters movie.

So I purchased Risen 3: Titan Lords and, of course, began to finally play Risen 2: Dark Waters which I bought ages ago but never really sat down and played. I really enjoyed the first Risen despite its clunky combat because the world was so beautiful and rewarding to explore. I also liked that the factions weren't necessarily black and white, that there was a bit of moral ambiguity between them. Risen 2: Dark Waters seems to have a lot of the same strengths and weaknesses, only now instead of being sorted of stilted, the combat in Risen 2 seems super mash-y and maybe a little overly simplistic. The combat requires too many moves to be learned from various instructors at a prohibitive cost to add anything approaching depth. At least the openworld is beautiful and somewhat rewarding to explore, so far.

Risen 2: Dark Waters is a hidden daily deal, it's 75% off. If you played and enjoyed the first Risen, this might be worth checking out.

I'm looking on this page and I'm can't seem to find anything about regions etc.

https://steamdb.info/app/213670/

Also, I assume unlocking with a VPN is against the TOS. Are there any cases of people actually being banned for this?

It's my understanding that valve don't ban accounts anymore. JaseC is more familiar with it but I don't know of anyone whose been suspended ( no market or community access but can still play games) from using vpn to activate a key.

Arthea

Give it a year and you'll be able to buy both in a bundle for under 5 bucks

FF never was in a bundle and I doubt it'll ever be, if past is any indication. Under $5? you still can't buy FF7 or FF8 under $5, not to mention FF3 or 4. That's not gonna happen. I too think that they'll release trilogy bundle when the last game is out, but it won't be that cheap.
If anything, if we don't buy those games for reasonable prices SE is asking (I thought they will be more expensive, in fact), we can kiss future releases of FF good bye, I'm sure of it, just check console prices and you'll see what I mean.

Ah fuck it, I'm gonna get Shadow of Mordor Premium Edition from Nuuvem if anyone can confirm that they still sell region free Steam codes for it.

Also, I've seen some screens of Mordor with female playable character - does that DLC come with the Season Pass/Premium Edition?

Tizoc

Ah fuck it, I'm gonna get Shadow of Mordor Premium Edition from Nuuvem if anyone can confirm that they still sell region free Steam codes for it.

Also, I've seen some screens of Mordor with female playable character - does that DLC come with the Season Pass/Premium Edition?
Iirc that was a free update.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
It's good. I played the PS3 ver. and had a blast. For $2 it's a no brainer.
Same here, really enjoyed it. The AI for your teammates can be a bit janky at times, but the game has all the original actors voicing their characters, and it's fun to have that world recreated for you. Walking around the HQ and having Egon and Ray teach you how to use the proton pack is awesome for a fan of the films.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
There's been some good deals on this sale even if I haven't jumped on a bunch of stuff like I normally do. I think I have around seven games and the most expensive one that I might have gotten was Ground Zeroes but I had 3 steam keys that I sold for $2.50 so I basically got the game for around 7. I get that some people are saturated with games that they already home but if this was your first team sale, between all the deals on Steam and third party sites like Green Man gaming, that allows you to redeem the keys on Steam, it's been a pretty good winter for first time sale goers or generally anybody.

Gunblade47

Neo Member
Is the CSGO community really as bad as the comments make it out to be? I liked CSS back in the day as a LAN game but not really in the mood to deal with trolls in every match. :/

Axass

How's the Ghostbusters video game? I vaguely remember hearing good things about it, it's $2 on Steam right now.

Watched a let's play, didn't seem like hot stuff to me. Very monotone and nothing revolutionary, though it has the original voices from the movies and it feels like a third movie that has never been made.

Is the CSGO community really as bad as the comments make it out to be? I liked CSS back in the day as a LAN game but not really in the mood to deal with trolls in every match. :/

The community is horrible, but you can always invite your friends to team up and do some matchmaking together.

Is there going to be a better sale on Dead Rising 3? I was thinking of picking that up, but I was wondering if a better sale was yet to come.

I guess I will just wait till the sale ends and see if a better price comes along.

I don't think its been any less than 25% off yet, has it?

Never had any problems, but it's been awhile since I played online.

Oh yeah another game they REALLY need to do a sale on is The Talos Principle.

I would definitely pick that up.

Devs have said the current release discount is what it's going to be for the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom