• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
What other things do I need for Garry's Mod to function best? I think Counter Strike Source? Should I just get that for Garry's Mod purposes, like do I need Global Offense as well for some things?

Gunblade47

Neo Member
The community is horrible, but you can always invite your friends to team up and do some matchmaking together.

Damn, I'll have to call them all together and decide then. Thanks for the help!

What other things do I need for Garry's Mod to function best? I think Counter Strike Source? Should I just get that for Garry's Mod purposes, like do I need Global Offense as well for some things?

Source is the big one from what I've read on the gamemode requirements. I don't think GO works with Garry's Mod but I only got the game a few days ago so I could've missed something.

Vizzeh

Banned
Is there going to be a better sale on Dead Rising 3? I was thinking of picking that up, but I was wondering if a better sale was yet to come.

I guess I will just wait till the sale ends and see if a better price comes along.

I don't think its been any less than 25% off yet, has it?

I'm interested in that too, but do not think 25% off is enough for me to grab it atm with so many other titles I haven't even tried yet.

I'm guessing leaving it until 2nd of January would be more prudent since it isn't a daily.

---btw.. DR3 is part of the console 30fps lock bs isn't it? similar to DS.

UberLevi

I broke down and bought Divinity: Original Sin yesterday after waiting a week to see it on Daily. Now I'm prepared to watch it pop up at an extremely low price today and then hate myself.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
---btw.. DR3 is part of the console 30fps lock bs isn't it? similar to DS.

There's an option to increase the cap to 60fps. It's just not recognised by Capcom as a supported feature as the game was designed with 30fps in mind.

Cirdan

Neo Member
Man I'm such a sucker for the King's Bounty series.

Played The Legend, Armored Princess + Crossworlds. Skipped the online thing no one wanted. Been waiting for proper sequel to Legend like everyone else. Still grabbed Warriors of the North and Dark Side now. Even though I know they still have all the problems from the previous games.

Sigh.

Man I'm such a sucker for the King's Bounty series.

Played The Legend, Armored Princess + Crossworlds. Skipped the online thing no one wanted. Been waiting for proper sequel to Legend like everyone else. Still grabbed Warriors of the North and Dark Side now. Even though I know they still have all the problems from the previous games.

Sigh.

Yeah, big fan of that genre. Can't explain why, there's just something about it.

Jag

Yeah, big fan of that genre. Can't explain why, there's just something about it.

Same. I bought every expansion right when they came out and played them all to completion.

Also, I'm heading out of town in an hour and won't be around for the end of the sale, so I bought Xulima last night and saw that it just went on flash sale right after I bought it.

rabhw

Thoughts on Company of Heroes 2? I enjoyed 1, but I'm not a hardcore RTS player and would be buying it for the single player campaign.

I remember it sorta getting shit on when it first came out, but maybe that was from a competitive perspective?

1upmuffin

If you like Genesis platformers (mainly Sonic) you will really like Freedom Planet, it's so much fun. The levels are very replayable with multiple paths and each character also has a good variety of moves. It's half off on the Steam sale, I'd definitely recommend it.

Miker

[Sins] is fun game. my biggest grib is lack of single player

I think it should be pointed out that while there is no dedicated story-driven campaign, the game does have skirmish vs. AI, which is what most people will play, and is tons of fun by itself.

Dang I just acknowledged for the first time I am getting jipped for being Canadian. I knew they added Canadian Dollars but I was looking at the advanced STEAM record lowest prices for Xulima and it is currently 2 dollars less on steam now then it is....now on my steam :(

Thanks GabeN, I thought we were cool.

Barbarian

Has anyone played Lords of Xulima? It looks interesting but a little pricey for a blind impulse buy. Is it polished? Full campaign? Good RPG mechanics?

Thanks to anyone who can respond!

Corto

Thoughts on Company of Heroes 2? I enjoyed 1, but I'm not a hardcore RTS player and would be buying it for the single player campaign.

I remember it sorta getting shit on when it first came out, but maybe that was from a competitive perspective?

Fantastic game. And go ahead and buy the recent single player expansion.

aku:jiki

Okay, so does the main (non-Santa) version of Viscera Cleanup randomly spawn lit TNT as a hilarious joke? Because that was the least funny thing I've ever seen after spending 35 minutes cleaning that area. Immediate rage quit.

Dang I just acknowledged for the first time I am getting jipped for being Canadian. I knew they added Canadian Dollars but I was looking at the advanced STEAM record lowest prices for Xulima and it is currently 2 dollars less on steam now then it is....now on my steam :(

Welcome to life as a european gamer, except the $2 difference you're seeing is generally like a $10+ difference for us.

It's 10.99 CAD on our store and 9.99 USD in the US. According to XE 9.99 USD = 11.62 CAD so it's actually cheaper in Canada. Almost everything I've seen has been the same price or cheaper on the Canadian store because of the conversion.

I broke down and bought Divinity: Original Sin yesterday after waiting a week to see it on Daily. Now I'm prepared to watch it pop up at an extremely low price today and then hate myself.

I'm almost to that point. I just want to sink my teeth into a RPG right now, and while I'm sure the game is worth full price (or the 20% off right now), I always feel stupid for buying something only to see it go on sale a few days later. :)

Post up some quick impressions when you get a chance to play it!

docbon

I hope you all bought Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare from Origin. Best thing on sale during the Winter Sale. It's on sale for the next 5 hours at 75% off. Get it, it's great.

Tried grabbing it before the sale ended, but the origin store was melting down and wouldn't let me go through with the transaction. Even removed the game from my cart three times. Now the price is back up to $17.50 ;~;

I'm almost to that point. I just want to sink my teeth into a RPG right now, and while I'm sure the game is worth full price (or the 20% off right now), I always feel stupid for buying something only to see it go on sale a few days later. :)

Post up some quick impressions when you get a chance to play it!

The lowest price it reached last sale was $26.79 or something like that. So you're really not saving much unless they do a deeper discount this time, which doesn't seem that likely.

kamspy

Not a bad haul this year! Only one from the actual Steam Store, but they all activate on Steam!

METAL GEAR SOLID: GROUND ZEROS $16.99. I could have waited for the last day for the inevitable encore sale, but I'm a god damned American and I waned to play it on Xmas.

GRID Autosport: $9.99. Sweet car titties. Better than Assetta Corso and Project CARS if you play with a gamepad (PC has always been a too much or too little for gamepad racers)

Wolfenstien The New Order $16 on GMG with 20% off coupon (all time low?) Great single player FPS goodness.

Oh and Postal 2 yesterday for a buck. Sorry people who wanted the sidescrolling furry game. Bought it in a bundle, you're not missing much. Looks better than it plays.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Only picked up the Escapists so far.

Which is probably good, my backlog on Steam is unfinishiable.

Yakkue

recpojfb.png

=(

So I bought Kotor, and I've never messed with Mods but I know there is some way to get it to have widescreen. Is there a simple tutorial?

The lowest price it reached last sale was $26.79 or something like that. So you're really not saving much unless they do a deeper discount this time, which doesn't seem that likely.

It's not even the few dollars, it's just...the feeling of buying something days before it goes on sale. Like I can hear Nelson from the Simpsons mocking me. :)

So far, I only bought Walking Dead Season Two. I also want to purchase Broken Age, maybe Witcher 2 and Dark Souls... But I'm not 100% sure about these last two.

NEO0MJ

I've been dancing around Enslaved for a few hours. Can anyone give me some games close to it so I can decide?

PLEASE win, Super Time Force Ultra!!

Yeah, me too. I got a few friends who weren't interested in any game to vote for it to boost the odds, even if it's only slightly.

dosh

I've been dancing around Enslaved for a few hours. Can anyone give me some games close to it so I can decide?
Hmm, maybe 2008 Prince of Persia? Enslaved is more action oriented than PoP in my memory but that's the closest game I can think of right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom